Gotta Watch: Weird foods
June 8th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Weird foods

Have you ever heard the saying you are what you eat? Well, if you like to sink your teeth into some of the foods in this Gotta Watch, we really hope that saying isn't true. Here are three of our favorite videos about foods that are not for people with a weak stomach. Bon Appetit!

Tacos a pest hazard - A California restaurant owner can no longer serve their most talked-about dish. That's because it's made out of grasshoppers and the health department isn't too thrilled with having bugs in your food. Supposedly they taste just like chicken.

An ice cold scoop of cicadas - Anthony Bourdain, get ready for this one. Nothing says summer like ice cream flavored with cicadas. It may sound a little weird, but you've got to commend the ice cream maker for his creativity.

Not 'wild' about these burgers - In 2010, this Arizona restaurant sparked a lot of controversy when they added lion burgers to their menu.

Post by:
Filed under: Agriculture • Arizona • California • Gotta Watch • Insects • San Francisco • U.S.
  1. Mmmmm

You are what you genetically modified eat!

June 8, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. CSnSC

Sounds kinda interesting. I will try about anything but predators just dont taste good to humans in any culture. Pass on the lion.

June 8, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. sandyk

Wow I didnt even know you could legally use lion meat for food.

June 8, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Anthony's Case Posts

I actually heard some news commentaries say they thought Biaz did a good job, they must not have listened to what he said. If this was an accident no one would have went to jail. Does her attorney really want us to believe the Police wanted this to be a murder so they covered up the drowning, George blamed this “accidental drowning” on Casey so she would have to go to jail, the meter reader must have been lurking around their house 24-7 knowing Caylee was going to die, he could follow George into the woods, dig up the body, save it just to put it back later inorder claim a reward, which everyone in Central Fl know it was if the child was found alive, even the meter reader. How did her little bones get scattered all over the wooded area unless it had been there quite awhile, they were scattered by animals, My God they had to sift through the debree for days to find as much of the remains as possible. Why didn’t Casey go to the police and tell them of here fathers cover up, then he would have went to jail and out of her life. The wooded area was under water for quite a while after the child was put there, you see we had a tropical depresson that soaked the gound and it stayed underwater for a long time. How did vines start to wrap around the remains, it had to be there for awhile for that to happen. Oh and where the hell did the meter reader hid the body? Goodness the police, the meter reader, george anthony, equa-search, seems everyone was involved in this consiracy to send Casey to prison. If the jury buys into this I will loose all faith in the justice system.

June 8, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar The Chorizo Champ of Chihuahua

My an_us is infested with pimples and herpes.

June 8, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • CDC Analyst

Herpes, Cold Sores, Influenza, Epstein Barr Virus, Kaposki Sarcoma, Cytomegalovirus and Shingles in the house.

June 9, 2011 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. Cesar The Chorizo Champ of Chihuahua

I eat sh!t.

June 8, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Cesar The Chorizo Champ of Chihuahua

My mother and father both eat sh!t.

June 8, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cesar The Chorizo Champ of Chihuahua

I just ran out of adult diapers. Guess I need to eat sh!t.

June 8, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cesar The Chorizo Champ of Chihuahua

I like chile sh!t on my foot long.

June 8, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cesar The Chorizo Champ of Chihuahua

I'm lonely. But when I get on my kneed I aim to satisfy. The back ally is my place of business.

June 8, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Cesar The Chorizo Champ of Chihuahua

I'm lonely. But when I get on my knees I aim to satisfy. The back ally is my place of business.

June 8, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Cesar The Chorizo Champ of Chihuahua

Since when do chicken and grass hoppers taste similar? I got herpes in my assss.

June 8, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cesar The Chorizo Champ of Chihuahua

I love lions and they love me. I eat their sh!t.

June 9, 2011 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
  14. Cesar The Chorizo Champ of Chihuahua

Oh yes mister. I want chorizo. Share it with me.

June 9, 2011 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |