Gotta Watch: The best of E3
Gamers and show attendees play video games at the Nintendo booth during the Electronic Entertainment Expo on June 7, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.
June 9th, 2011

Gotta Watch: The best of E3

It's arguably the biggest video gaming event of the year. The Electronic Entertainment Expo, E3, started in 1995 as an annual showcase for the gaming world. Hundreds of companies, from multi-billion dollar corporations like Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, to little-known software developers use E3 hoping it will launch them towards digital success.  This year's E3 just finished up in Los Angeles and CNN has your front-row seat. Here are some highlights you've just Gotta Watch.

From Wii to U – At the world's biggest showcase for video games, Nintendo made the biggest splash this week with the unveiling of Wii U, the next generation of its popular, motion-controlled gaming system.

'Into the Pixel' - Keep debating whether video games are art  if you wish. At E3, the world's biggest gaming expo, it's a closed question. Here, video games are definitely art - and a gallery-style exhibit aims to prove it to as many people as care to look.

5 hottest games - E3 proves that rumors of blockbuster gaming's demise are greatly exaggerated. This is supposed to be the era of social games, free games, digital downloads and apps - but the big games are still all the rage. The following five titles promise to keep thumbs happily waggling well into 2012.

'Fruit Ninja' slashes way onto Kinect - "Fruit Ninja," the simple but addictive mobile game that has lived among the top 10 iPhone apps (trailing only "Angry Birds" in popularity) since it debuted last spring is coming to Kinect, Microsoft's motion-control system for the Xbox.

1. Henry

Gotta love that E3.

June 9, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Josie

I've been playing computer video games forever. They just keep getting better.

June 9, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wise Ass

Life is pretty interesting too.

June 9, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kirk

Wise Ass
      Life is pretty interesting too.

>>>Not for most people, that's why the video game industry is so popular.

June 9, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason D

Graphics get better, game play?...not so much

June 9, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jason

I have been following the video gaming since 1995. Really is great.

June 9, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason D

Been into the video games since 81 and designed a game later produced back in 85 (produced by 95) 'sub attack', designed on the BBC model B and it later came out for windows).

The early games had to have game play as the graphics were terrible but people still play thos egames now, i wonder how many games out this year will be played 30 years from now

June 9, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

Kudos to all of you guys: Henry, Josie, and Jason. It seems that we think the same; as if we are the same person; so uncanny. Hahahahahahahaaha

June 9, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Henry

**********Facepalm**********

June 9, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. CSnSC

Is this for like pinball and whack-a-mole ? Yeah, theyre awesome

June 9, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Pablo

Get a life......

June 9, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • SG

June 9, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sprite

Dude, I have a life. It's called Dungeons & Dragons.

June 9, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Hey Pablo you get a life, just because people enjoy video games doesn't mean they don't have a life. You have you things you like to do on your spare time and gamers like to play video games on there spare time. Stop being a jack!!s

June 9, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leo

Pablo, you've been destroyed by SG. Kudos to you, SG. Well put.

June 9, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jared

This is really poor coverage of E3, considering the Wii U caused nintendo stock to DROP, CCP of iceland dropped a huge bomb on fans with Dust514s exclusive to PS3 causing huge backlash, and way more than five noteworthy games were there including numerous groundbreakers. Way to miss the ball.

June 9, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Igetchicks

Lol what a bunch of losers!!!

June 9, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sprite

Judging by your screenname, you're a d*bag.

June 9, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Toni

The E3 Expo rocked! I can't wait for Assassin's Creed Revelations, Uncharted 3 and Fable 4 and many new cool games!

June 9, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Chris Honry

I keep waiting for them to release a good set of "googles" or glasses that make it look like we're in the environment and when you turn your head or look over your shoulder your view changes with it. I know such a toy exists for watching movies on iPod...

June 9, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich C.

This technology does exist but currently the set up for such a thing is too big and too expensive. I have seen it used to train military, so give it a couple more years and we'll all have it.

June 9, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. matt

E3 was awesome. I prefer PC gaming myself but these new concole releases and features will bring me back to the console world.

June 9, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Marty in MA

I never got an interest in video games. They are nothing more than cartoons to me. 🙂

June 9, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Leo

SG Wrote: "I have a life, and a decent one at that. I also, like most people, have a hobby – mine just happens to be gaming. Yours might be antique-napkin collecting or hunting, painting or working on cars. Gaming is a legitimate thing to be doing in ones downtime. I don't watch American Idol – instead I might log into an MMO and go on a raid (with real people, who I talk to via voice chat, and have known for many years). I'm not a 40 year old, balding, fat, smelly man who lives in my mothers basement and has no social graces. In fact, gaming has helped me come out of my shell and accept who I really am, unlike the torture I was put through in middle school and high school. Yea, I'm a nerd, and a million people like me make the technology that allowed you to read this one the internet, post a comment, check your email, and more importantly, belittle our interests by saying we don't have lives."

Enough said! Haters destroyed