After appearing ill, Casey Anthony to be back in court
June 10th, 2011

After appearing ill, Casey Anthony to be back in court

Casey Anthony returned to the Orange County Courthouse on Friday, a day after she appeared to fall ill during testimony.

The Orlando woman, accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter in 2008, will attend Friday's session of the trial, court spokesman Allen Moore said.

Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. suspended the trial Thursday afternoon when Anthony, 25, appeared to fall ill during testimony that centered on the skeletal remains of her daughter.

Anthony received treatment from doctors at the Orange County jail, but Moore declined to discuss her condition, citing confidentiality laws.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony • Crime
  1. Donna

I have DVR'd this everyday and watch until 10:00 PM. I am not the least sympathetic to Casey. She is a liar and a sociopath that is only worried about herself. Every word out of her mouth has been fiction. Many words come to mind when describing her, but she doesn't deserve any sympathy at all. That the defense is trying to say that she was abused by her father and brother is yet another lie and I hope that every juror sees through her.

June 10, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Betty

I would like to see justce done and at this point in every trial, it looks good for the prosecution...it's their job to convince you they are right. I think I will wait till after the defense. As far as duct tape..still could have been an accidental drowning/ death. I can think of a couple reasons right off, as to why it was there. I still want to know why her dad didn't call the police from the tow yard after not knowing where his daughter and grandaughter were. My dad would have had the whole sheriff's dept at that tow yard if it smelled the way he says it did. I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions until all of the evidence, or at least what the court will allow, is in.

June 10, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • I AGREE!!! Katherine

The only part I don't agree with you about is...I already think she's inocent...George seems to have kept himself as far away as possible...never reacted to tow yard decomp smell...It was glossed over though... but very telling to me as well...he already new Callee was dead obviously...hope it comes up again...read the blog about him being married before to a Teri Vanderbuilt in Ohio...what a lier he was and how they devorced because of it...I bet she has alot to say...I replyed to it but I can't find my post...she needs to contact the defense asap...

June 10, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Akendall

Yeah to those that realize she (Casey) is not the only one involved...after seeing Caylee EVERYDAY, as George put it, he NEVER called about Caylee missing. Please tell me I am not the only one that thinks that is odd. I think Cindy is the only poor soul in this whole deal. Let's not forget HE also put the duct tape on the gas cans (admitted it).

June 10, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Angela

Someone needs to tell me why they think George would be involved?
    An accidental drowning is not a crime so why would an ex detective turn it into one?
    I think Casey is soley responsible and she is obviously less devastated than her parents over it. The only thing I see George guilty of is breeding himself a pathological liar of a daughter. Casey is responsible for being called a baby killer.

June 10, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Angie

As far as I am concerned, the defense threw Casey under the bus in opening statement saying that this was a drowning putting Casey there at the time of caylees death, with no denying it.

After all the lies, deceit, professional testimonies, police, tow truck drivers and more, it's been stated this IS a homicide, no doubt about it, so as far as I see it, the defense put Casey first and foremost at the time of the homicide.

Did they as well implicate George? Yes, but he denied it, leaving only Casey present.

There is no need to duct tape a dead child's mouth, and bury her in the woods if she accidentally drowned. This was no accident. And the last one with caylee was casey according to the defense.

June 10, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Eliana

I think that the defense has lost all credibility by concocting their story. They should have said that whatever happened was accidental & that Casey is a liar nutjob - and left it at that. The fact that the kid drowned doesn't appear to make ANY kind of sense given all of the actual facts. Implicating George Anthony in their story about the death & subsequent coverup further discredited them, as it makes NO SENSE.

June 10, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Melanie

1st It is blantly obvious to me that Casey is a spoiled brat, when Caylee got all that attention that Casey was so use to ....(everyone falling all over Casey and her every need to keep her from having a temper tantrums). Casey has been plotting and planning the "Disappearence" since Caylee was around 6 months old. I can only imgine how ugly Casey was to Caylee out of sight from all others. However, I am sure that Caseys parents and brother have witnessed it.
    2nd If Casey was at all abused by her dad or brother and cared at all about her daughter, she would have had a job and a day care. Insurung that her daughter would never be subjected to any possible abuse. Keep Her Safe @ all cost.
    3rd Had Caylee drown and there was a cover up to keep Cindy from finding out. Why go through wrapping Caylee's nose and mouth with duct tape. Then placing her body less than 1 mile from her home.
    Casey's poor pittiful me act is wearing on me. Honestly, I found myself yesterday really question her behavior in court. Today, all my suspision have been confirmed. It's Still All About Casey.
    Casey needs to be removed from socity FOREVER she WILL kill again and resume her life just as before, and she will more than likly get away with it.
    Casey is obsorbing everything in court and know's what her mistakes where, never to repeat them again.

Caylee you are Very Precious Soul .....

June 10, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Eliana

@Akendall, while this is merely speculation obviously, I think that George & Cindy both were in denial. This family seems to have poor (or absent) coping strategies. I don't think George was prepared to deal with the question "what kind of monster have we raised?" Honestly, even as an objective observer here, it goes against my natural inclinations to believe a mother could murder her child. Yet, that's what it seems has happened.

June 10, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tad

This is a very bad tragedy, but mothers murder there babies daily with abortion so it's not that hard to believe.

June 11, 2011 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Angie

Mothers do kill their babies daily yes, but this was nearly a three year old to which she should have had some bond or attachment to, it's very sad to think of that little child's fate.

June 11, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  9. Betty

I can only hope this jury takes their time, uses common sense and reflects on all of the evidence and/or lack of evidence, as they will be instructed to do by the judge. So far the prosecution has not made their case sufficiently for 'me' to conclude a first degree murder conviction, although it appears that all of the media has already convicted her. All the pictures and videos have shown her to be a loving mother up to the day her daughter's little life tragically ended. Just because she spun a more creative reality than the one she actually lived, doesn't prove murder and it appears that she could have easily left her daughter with her mom and dad if she no longer wanted to be a mother to her. We have no way of knowing what actually happened in their home or the mind games that are played with regard to control or guilt or abuse, but I can imagine and I would bet that there is no June Cleaver family parallel to be found there. I am looking forward to hearing the other side.

June 11, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Angela

Hi Betty
      We have seen so many "loving" moms kill their children these days it's heartbreaking.
      Who knows, maybe there was a degree of love but a higher degree of resentment toward the child cause she was always bound to trying to figure out what to do with her when she wanted to go out and have a life of a person her age.
      That mommy dearest movie was based on a true story of a woman who adopted children, she was rich and famous and she depicted herself as a loving mother while all along, behind closed doors she was quite the opposite.

June 11, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Betty

Hi Angela
      I don't disagree with you and, having retired from some of this type of criminal investigation, is precisely why I have doubts and am awaiting the defense to present their testimony. There are some things that just don't add up with this family and may never add up. I personally have a nagging feeling about her dad, especially based on his prior experience and how he reacted to several things. It is your 'behind closed doors' and the obvious dysfuntion that has been displayed that are raising most of my questions.

June 11, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeane

I too believe that this family is very disfunctional, however. I believe the grief of the grandparents is real. Nowadays, you'll hear in just about any court the accusation of "child abuse" or "incest" when one parent wants an advantage over the other. It is hard to prove. Frankly, I thing the child was getting older and was going to become a "threat" to Caseys lifestyle. Caylee would be able to tell everyone what was happening and Casey couldn't handle that. So she "shows" everyone what a great mother she was in public, but what happened in private? Hope all the others reading this remind themselves of the "loving" mothers who drowned their kids, suffocated their kids, etc.

June 11, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Angela

Hi Betty,
      Yes I agree something is wrong in that household, personally I can't get a true feel if her dad was involved or not, my gut tells me no, but being he used to be a detective, I fully believe he saw the signs of his daughter being guilty from the beginning.
      I could be wrong but that's my personal best guess.
      I have been doing so much reading behind this case about Jose Baez and Lenord Padilla and psychics and more.
      Apparently Padilla, the bounty hunter
      who paid Caseys bond and retracted it, swears Casey had help and I also learned the anthonys lawyer sent Padilla asking him to "back off" or face legal entanglements.
      So my curiosity is high as to what it is he is hounding the anthonys over that they want him to back off.

June 11, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jeane

If you noticed, Casey made a big deal of crying & getting ill when the remains were being discussed. However, when the witness who made the video transposing Caylee's skull and face was testifying (before the jury was allowed back in) Casey was watching intently without crying or anything. She has, also, dabbed eyes off and on thru this trial, but was being sure not to smear makeup, using the same kleenex forever, etc. She is playing the jury. Don't for a moment beilieve she is upset over Caylee, just maybe upset that her "chickens have come home to roost!: This is ALLLL about her!!!!

June 11, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |