June 10th, 2011

Fighting rages in western Libyan city

At keast 17 people were killed Friday as fighting raged in the western Libyan city of Misrata where forces loyal to Moammar Gadhafi attempted to enter from the west and south.

More than 60 others were injured, said Dr. Khaled Abu Falgha of Hekma hospital in Misrata. He said the casualties Friday were the heaviest suffered in the past month.

Rebel forces at a checkpoint near the western front line said at least seven of the dead were killed in fighting in the Dafniya area, where pro-Gadhafi forces pushed in with at least three tanks firing at rebel positions.

"It is horrible out there," said a rebel fighter as he sped by. "The revolutionaries are taking tank power in their chests."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Libya
  1. €Engleberhumperdink¥£

And then?

June 10, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat2u

You back a wildcat, especially a crazy one, into a corner, and what the hell do you think it's going to do ? That's right !! It is not just going wait for you to kill it. It's going to do its best to take as many with it as it can. I mean after all, what have you got left to lose ?

June 10, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. RUFFNUTT

I expect the right-wing news media to keep on bawling over just how "badly off" these "poor rebels" are and just how "underfunded" they are. Please,spare me the alligator tears!!!

June 10, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

@bobcat2u...you don't know squat about bobcats or any kind of wildcat for that matter. What kinda craep is this "It's going to do it's best to take as many with it can"? It's going to try to get away you moron. Any fool would step-aside and let the cat go back to her kittens. Unless that fool was mandated to kill cats.

June 10, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

It's just a metaphor, Idiot !!!!!

June 10, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

And a poor one at that!

June 10, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

Your opinion. You know what they say about those.

June 10, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

More along the lines of an observation I'd say. What do they say about those?

June 10, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

It seems your obsevations border more on the personal. Get a life, instead of try to correct everyone. Your self importance is totally overwhelming.

June 10, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

Exactly. My personal experiences with wildcats did influence how I personally vviewed your post. Had my experiences been with wildcats that were out to get me, I would have agreed with you. Paranoia comes to mind. "Ooh, 'the terrorists' are coming" kind of paranoid.

June 10, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

It seems I attained my goal of getting of irritating you. HAHAHAHA. I'm sorry man, I just couldn't resist. I truly was just messing with you.. Friends.

June 10, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Priest

Your confession has been heard as is currently being considered. Carry on 'till then or until next time. G'bless.

June 10, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joseph Zrnchik, MAJ (Ret.)

NATO Making Libya a Failed State