June 11th, 2011

Indian crime reporter shot dead

In a brazen daylight attack Saturday in the Indian city of Mumbai, gunmen shot and killed a veteran journalist who reported on the city's underworld.

Jyotirmoy Dey, was rushed to a hospital where he died of five gunshot wounds, reported CNN's sister network, CNN-IBN.It quoted police as saying that four men on two motorbikes pulled up to Dey, who was also riding a bike, and shot him from behind at close range.

Police are searching for the gunmen, who were able to escape the scene.

Dey had covered crime for two decades and was most recently writing for an English language tabloid called Mid Day.

The newspaper posted a statement on its website that called Dey "one of the pillars" of its newsroom.

It would not comment on the circumstances of Dey's killing but speculation surfaced that it was act committed by someone who intended to silence him.

"We  will not stop doing investigating stories, and we will not bow to  criminals," the newspaper said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • India • World
  1. Jazzzzzzzz

I live in a septic tank of green poop. Problem is that it freezes in the winter. That is when I use a blow torch.

June 11, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy

*Facepalm*

June 11, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Anthony's Case Posts

I jus luv them thar realty shows, specially those on's wit them thar fat b itch's trying to lose weight. Kinda remines me of me eatin my moonpie's an sh it. My favoritist of awl tho has ta be that thar Nancy Grace tho she's the f' in bomb. Yep that thar realty sh it is tha bomb too. Don't mind me now ya'll I'm from Kintucky, we like our inbreadin down here.

June 11, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sunshine Girl *

I agree w/the post earlier about the Mexican journalists being killed all the time by the drug cartels. I live in El Paso, Tx. and this is very common news here. But mafia/cartel, it doesnt really matter. All criminal organazations are the same. You get too nosy or too close to exposing their business, and BAM! Next thing, your dead. So terrible that these people have that type of power.

June 11, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jazzzzzzzz

Where's a Star Bucks when you need one.

June 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jazzzzzzzz

your trying to drive me off , but I rarely post here anymore so it really doesn't matter to me. And the only people I really care about know me and that's another thing you have to take into account. Ha Ha. Loser

June 11, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy

*Facepalm* deux.

June 11, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Riff*Raff

*Trois*

June 12, 2011 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jazzzzzzzz

Good morning all. The weekend is still here. He he.

June 12, 2011 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. Cosmotologist to the Stars

I thought we put all them indians on reservations. What was he doing out wanderring around? He shoulda been helping out at his tribes indian casino and this wouldnt of happened.

June 12, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  11. RUFFNUTT

THEY were [probably hopped up on fire water...

June 12, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  12. banazi

They shouuld have been more concentrated. Kick everyone out of Chicago and put all the Indians there. As long as they supply US with all the bead necklaces we want, they can gamble amongst themselves. NO FIREWATER! Concentrated firewater explodes.

June 12, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. banazi

der RUFFNUTT. Hopped up on firewater? Or hopped up firebird water(bong)?

June 12, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  14. RUFFNUTT

well could be both.. i remember one time we ran outta bong water an had to use a diet cherry cream soda... after smoking our bong for a hour or so in a tool shed behind my parents house we were taking bets on to drink the bong water... well i drunk it for 5$ but couldn't hold it down and it made me throw up...

June 12, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  15. Phillipa

Oh, that's too bad, Ruffie. That's a waste of good bong water.
    There are some who could benefit from drinking bong water. I heard it's purer and better for you than the water in Colorado Springs.
    That could just be a rumor, though.

June 12, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |