June 11th, 2011

Palin e-mails show routine work, running feuds

Thousands of pages of e-mail from former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's administration range from the mundane details of governing to efforts to crack down on state news leaks and push back against critics.

Scattered among the 24,000 pages, released by state officials in Juneau on Friday, are glimpses of Palin periodically butting heads with top Alaskan political figures as she pushed to get landmark oil and gas legislation through the statehouse; demanding that Exxon finish paying damages for the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill; even dealing with complaints about high school football rivalries by offering to bake brownies.

By June 2008, she was being sought out by national news outlets and being talked up as potential running mate for Republican presidential nominee John McCain. But the documents show her battling Alaska reporters even as McCain was preparing to put her on the national stage.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Alaska • John McCain • Sarah Palin
  1. Mimi

....and we should care....why?

June 11, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jazzzzzzzz

I'm not as much of an air head as Sarah. Am I?

June 11, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jazzzzzzzz

Save the squirels of Argentina and the cows of Norway.

June 11, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jazzzzzzzz

I bake green brownies with imported green poop. I just love those French people.

June 11, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jewbacca... rarwggrrr (I) Rhode Island

Ohhh this is so fascinating... Thank you CNN for sucking the last drop of interest in politics I just had..

June 11, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

@Jewbacca:

How true. Hilarious response. Wish I would have thought of it....

June 11, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. gung hoe

Iam telling you you little demeys you are reading the notes of the next president of the us in 12 and for all you white people tell me how you can vote for a man that hates you obama is racist and he does not like whiteis

June 11, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jewbacca... rarwggrrr (I) Rhode Island

@dung hoe: Umm he's half white. I've read the twisted misquotes from the far right on fact check dot com.. He specifically stated he never felt welcome by either ethnicity. Many blacks don't like mixed people and neither do many whites. He struggled with trying to fit in throughout his younger years. That church he went to was probably his way of finding a place to make up for the loss of his father in his life. The media conveniently forgets to call him biracial just like Tiger Woods, but he's well aware that he had loving white family member that helped mold him.

June 11, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sunshine Girl *

And the point of this story is.....? What a boring bimbo Palin is. But then we already knew that. How about some new and interesting news CNN?

June 11, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jazzzzzzzz

Sunshine Girl just remember one thing and you will be alright. I am the queen around here. Don't you ever forget it.

June 11, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy

@gung hoe:
    How extraordinary that you think Obama hates whites, being half-white himself.
    Perhaps you are a bit of a racist yourself?

June 11, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jazzzzzzzz

banasy just forget about him. He is a jerk. I agree with you though. Have you seen Philip? I miss him.

June 11, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jazzzzzzzz

I'm sleepy. Good night all. Talk in the morning after my waffles and berries. He he. Pleasant dreams to one and all.

June 11, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy

Well, now, if you were really Jazzzzz, I might answer you.
    But you're not, so buh bye.

June 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jazzzzzzzz

@ the TROLL #1 you are the air head #2 Banasy and philiip are my friends so dont go trying to mess with our friendship. That will get you on my bad side and believe me you dont want that. Be very careful I have my ways of finding out where you live.

June 11, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. funky bunch

So now she's a air head for doing her job, give it up.

June 11, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |