June 11th, 2011

Palin e-mails show routine work, running feuds

Thousands of pages of e-mail from former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's administration range from the mundane details of governing to efforts to crack down on state news leaks and push back against critics.

Scattered among the 24,000 pages, released by state officials in Juneau on Friday, are glimpses of Palin periodically butting heads with top Alaskan political figures as she pushed to get landmark oil and gas legislation through the statehouse; demanding that Exxon finish paying damages for the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill; even dealing with complaints about high school football rivalries by offering to bake brownies.

By June 2008, she was being sought out by national news outlets and being talked up as potential running mate for Republican presidential nominee John McCain. But the documents show her battling Alaska reporters even as McCain was preparing to put her on the national stage.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Alaska • John McCain • Sarah Palin
  1. sandyk

these little blurbs just show that maybe there is no dirt on Palin after all? who knows, as far as her being president? i cant imagine that, but anything can happen at this point

June 11, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jazzzzzzzz

@ SandyK , I don't think its every going to happen. No women president EVER. anyone who thinks so is living in fantasy land.

June 11, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. sandyk

You are probably right banasy! did someone tell you that someone used your *facepalm* on the marquee blog the other day

June 11, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. sandyk

Oh crap I got the wrong person I`m sorry!

June 11, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jewbacca... rarwggrrr (I) Rhode Island

I'd vote for a woman prez. It will happen.. Women outnumber men. Just like Obama netted a huge turnout by blacks a good woman candidate will have the same effect. I imagine it could be Hillary, but someone else might come along. We need to avoid electing based on gender or race though, that could be dangerous. Leave the feel good stories for sports or movies. Please!

June 11, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

@Jewbacca:
    Once again, I agree with you!

@sandyk:
    That's all right, sandy. I am usually right, though. Ha!

June 11, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ubul

Why on earth was this necessary?

June 11, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sunshine Girl *

@Jazzzzz...What the h*ll? Why are you coming off like that? You know I really dont care who/what you think you are 'around here' but your not the only woman to read/post news. If you feel that threatened by me, well Im sorry for you. You seem to have a problem. And w/someone you dont even know. Just remember I never bow to a woman. Your b/s wont work with me. Have a good one.

June 11, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy

@Sunshine:

That's a troll using Jazzzzzzz's name. It does that all the time. She would also NEVER say that she's the queen. Just ignore the troll. The real Jazzzz posted only at 10:54 only. All the rest were not.
    Just thought you'd want to know.

June 11, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sunshine Girl *

@Jazzzzz...What is your problem? You dont know me. I dont care what kind of queen you think you are. This is a public forum idiot.

June 12, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Why is it important to put Sarah Palin om the board as a news item to ridicule?
    It's important because CNN serves more than one function.
    One of CNN's major purposes is liberal propaganda, which is fine with me, as I am very liberal about most issues.
    The reason that we laugh at Sarah Palin–and BTW I do think she's really beautiful–is that she's not the quickest conservative who ever came down the pike, so she helps liberals bond warmly while having a good laugh.
    CNN makes money publishing liberal propaganda as news, and I'm glad it does.

June 12, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  12. sandyk

@Joey first you know I respect your opinions but truly it seems there has never been an intelligent conservative in recent history. Yet they do get voted in as president. Now not every conservative president can `steal` an election. why is it that most liberals cannot disagree with a conservative without name calling stupid, racist, bigot, whatever it may be. why cant it be your views on blank are totally unrealistic because blank.

June 12, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  13. Sunshine Girl *

@Banasay...Oh ok then. Glad you told me that b/c I was wondering what the h*ll? I post quite a bit but mostly on the Marquee. Ive had people jack my name and write real crude things before as well. So from now on out Ill attribute all the rude thing to the troll. What exactly is a troll anyway? A rude idiot I asume. Ok then Banasay thanks and no harm done.

June 12, 2011 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jazzzzzzzz

Sunshine Girl its just that you post as if you know everything and honey you don't know it all. I'm sure you are a relatively average person but just don't push me alright? A troll is some idiot that interferes on line with their own name or another's. In THIS case there is no troll. Just don't get in my way. Have a nice day.

June 12, 2011 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ sandyk:
    I think that some conservatives trying to get elected have to use racism and bigotry to get votes from religious citizens who will never be financially successful enough to have protection of great wealth as a clear reason for voting for a conservative.
    I always call out bigotry. Sometimes I do it jokingly.
    I am mostly liberal, but fiscally I believe in capitalism and selfish–yes, selfish–ambition as the most moral economic system. I remember your saying how hard you have always worked.
    Under capitalism everybody has more, including the average person, assuming that he's not a bum.
    I'm also conservative about the arts and education.
    The last Bush president said "nucular" for the same reason that some African-Americans insist on saying "ax" for ask: to please and bond people at a lower level of education.
    Many extremely conservative and successful Americans are not bigoted simply because they come from minority groups.

June 12, 2011 at 5:51 am | Report abuse |