Gotta Watch: May-December romances
Crystal Harris has called off her wedding to Playboy founder Hugh Hefner
June 15th, 2011

Gotta Watch: May-December romances

Perhaps Crystal Harris didn't want bridesmaids wearing bunny ears. Or perhaps she got tired of people suggesting her fiance was the "old" in "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue." Whatever the reason, it's official: Harris has called off her wedding to Playboy founder Hugh Hefner. Since much of the fascination about Hef and the Playboy Playmate centers around their 60-year age difference, today's Gotta Watch looks as some of our favorite May-December romances.

Harris makes "The RidicuList" - CNN's Anderson Cooper says he just doesn't get why Hefner's ex-fiancee would call off their big day.  He managed to put her on "The RidicuList" with references to dogs and hydrants, orthopedic shoes and penicillin.

'Til death do us part - What's the secret to a successful marriage?  Selflessly sharing the mic at a press junket? Polishing your spouse's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame without being asked? Here, Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore say it's as simple as a Post-It note.

Donald and Melania - Before Donald Trump flirted with the idea of running for president, he was flirting with now-wife Melania. Here, she tells HLN's Joy Behar that she initially didn't want to give Trump her number. No, it wasn't because he wanted to see her birth certificate.

Watch Anderson Cooper 360° weeknights 8pm ET. For the latest from AC360° click here.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Donald Trump • Showbiz • TV-Anderson Cooper 360
  1. Scott

I would call it a May-Late December (almost New Year's Eve) romance. He is looking pretty old!

June 15, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norm.

How about a January – December of 50 years later marriage.
      Little Gold digger.....

June 15, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • zaphod2000

He doesn't look old he IS old!!! This man could have been her great-grandfather. The fact that she was who ring around with him before turns my stomach.

June 15, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Neil

I have absolutely no respect for a woman that would marry someone four times her age. She's just in it for the money and I'm mad the media even covers her. Still, I'd love to nail her.

June 15, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bama

He's no better than she is. Of course she's (or was) in it for the money. And he would've never given her the time of day if she weren't beautiful and young. It goes both ways.

June 15, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erin

NO respect for the woman! How about him, he only date women 4 times younger than himself.PIG! HE s only in it for her assets too!!

June 15, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • zaphod2000

you might need a bag over her head. those fake boobs look okay but that face?????? Nah!

June 15, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ed

And they say that gay marriage would make a mockery of marriage??

June 15, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norm.

And most of "them" are divorced in less than five years.

June 15, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. dale

harris is a gold digger.she should(but won't) date someone close to her age.maybe she woke up and realized,she was going to marry her grandfather.

June 15, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel

Great Grandfather.

June 15, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Norm.

Heff probably has had a bionic winky installed by now.
    The thing probably works on it's own, even when he's asleep.

June 15, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. steve

He should do a centerfold layout. What is good for the goose is good for the gander (reech!)

June 15, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kimberly

Why dont people just give the chick credit for calling it off? And it doesnt always have to be about the money. Maybe she realized that most guys never grow up so age really is nothing but a number...and no, I dont support the whole idea of marrying your grandfather's cronies...but she would be the one in bed with him, not any of us, so who cares? And congrats to her anyway for attracting the attention of a rich pervert who has had many females and could have bought a gold digger who would not have backed out at the last minute.

June 15, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Hank

Word is she is leaving him for Anthony Weiner.

June 15, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jonathan

I'm sure Crystal Harris sees Hugh Hefner for who he really is on the inside. I'm sure of it. She seems like a complex, mindful, deep person with a great personality!

June 15, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jing Hu

Was that sarcasm or the whole orchestra? Hahaha. She's sounds like your typical "gold-digger".

June 15, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Christina333

She probably called it off after he gave her the pre-nup! Hef's not stupid, he plays these little gold-diggers. That's why he trades them in every few years. He knows they're after his money.

June 15, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bogus

I am sure Hef had a pre-nup. Maybe that's why she called it off. Couldnt get her hand in the big cookie jar.

June 15, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. 1stladyC

Personally I was shocked that she's 25 cause she looks at least in her 30's. Anyway, I'm actually think it's great that she came to her senses before she made a huge mistake. She's got her whole life ahead of her, why settle down with someone who could be your grandpa.

June 15, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joe

I like how everyone is calling her a gold digger when she decided to break off the engagement...

What would it make her if she actually went through with it?

Although you have to realize Hef would never get married without a pre-nup, so in either case the only thing she is really getting is free publicity...

Whatever it is, you know there will be a line around the block to trash this girl...I guess that's why there are young, thin and pretty people out there...to give the rest of us easy targets...

June 15, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kurt

God! you're all IDIOTS! Of course she's a gold-digger! Heff introduced her to producers and star-makers, and she got her recording contract! She doesn't need Heff anymore you DOPES! Anyway, she ain't even that good looking, she looks 25 going on 35. My wife is WAY better looking than that hussy! And BTW...I'm 23 years older than my young bride! heh heh

June 15, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I cannot imaging a relationship with an eighteen-year-old wrinkle-free young lady lasting much longer than forty-five minutes and coffee.
    If she could talk to me at all, I'd be teaching constantly, and that's work.
    Not that anybody
    18 would really have the same interest in me as for another 18-year-old. When I was 18, people 25 looked Old to me, and anybody 35–well, that was the very end of the whole thing.
    Nobody much younger than I would really want much from me other than money, and maybe music lessons.
    By the way, I think that all marriages should have careful, binding financial contracts signed before the wedding.

June 15, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kurt

I agree....but only if we're talking about immature, spoiled rotten, Pop-Culturized, multi-tattooed and pierced American women. In a lot of other countries age differences of 20 and 30 years is VERY commonplace. I LOVE my younger Colombian wife 🙂

June 15, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |