Anthony defense threatened with contempt
The judge in the Casey Anthony murder trial threatened to charge defense attorney Jose Baez, above, with contempt for calling a surprise witness.
June 18th, 2011

Anthony defense threatened with contempt

The judge in the Casey Anthony murder trial ordered a defense witness off the stand Saturday and threatened attorney Jose Baez with contempt proceedings for failing to tell prosecutors about the witness' planned testimony.

Forensic anthropologist William Rodriguez told Judge Belvin Perry after the jury had been excused that he was preparing to tell jurors that no conclusions can be drawn from duct tape found near 2-year-old Caylee Anthony's body because of decomposition and movement of the bones by animals.

Rodriguez also said he planned to testify that a video prepared by a prosecution expert superimposing Caylee's living face with a picture of her skull and the outline of a piece of duct tape was an "unheard of" application of technology meant only to provide initial identifications of remains.

Rodriguez' opinions are critical rebuttals of the prosecution's theory that duct tape found clinging to the girl's remains was essentially the murder weapon, used to cover her mouth and nose after her mother knocked her unconscious with chloroform.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony • Crime
  1. joe

@Joey Isotta-Fraschini: BTW that's a long name to have to type in on a blackberry.

June 18, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Inagadadavida

@joe:
    Hence, the JIF.

@JIF:
    ACP copies and pastes from the 'In Session' blog.

I do agree, however, that ACP is almost as demented.

I, for one, would love to have an ACP-free day.
    The most likely explanation is that ACP hasn't awakened yet.

June 18, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Inagadadavida

@joe:

Apologies if that sounded a bit short. I, too, have a Blackberry, which is why I shortened the name to 'JIF'.

I don't think Joey minds.

June 18, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. fernace

@JIF, that's a hilarious take on what might have happened. It's atleast as plausable as anything Casey has come up with, in fact she might wanna steal this one! She's hearing that "ka-slam" of prison doors in her head & grasping at straws!@, Ellis, since I voted you Fridays Most Intriguing Person yesterday, keep me in mind for personal assistant OK?!? Thanks in advance!!

June 18, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Inagadadavida

I have had nothing but contempt for this whole trial, and by extension, Casey Anthony, since it began.

I agree, fernace, that she may as well use JIF's scenario; it's really more plausible than the defense she currently has....

June 18, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

@fernace:

I will agree that Ellis is most intriguing....!

June 18, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I like JIF. (SKIPPY tastes better.)
    As for me and my house, we will retain Joey Isotta-Fraschini for its integrity of origin. ((I was Joey, and a person claiming previous ownership called me a troll and wanted his name back, so I was transfigured.
    Why doesn't my Blackberry know that word? Transfiguration. Surely JIF cannot be in error...
    Ja! Verklaerheit! (I don't own an English dictionary.)

June 18, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Sorry: close paren after "...transfigured.")

June 18, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Yep

She's so cute!

June 18, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Billyjoe 11:12 AM:
    She wouldn't get that hot–about 165 F.
    You'd have to burn her at the stake if you want to roast marshmallows.
    Invite Rep. Weiner and he can roast his, too.

June 18, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Ersatz Ellis...Panama IS the most intriguing on the wall (or off).

June 18, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. joe

@JIF: thanks, I didn't want to shorten your name as I wasn't sure if it would offend you or not.

June 18, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Inagadadavida

@JIF:

SKIPPY may taste better, but that's not your acronym, now is it?

Remember, choosy mothers choose JIF, SKIPPY is out playing Beach Blanket Bingo somewhere with Frankie Avalon.

June 18, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Inagadadavida

@JIF:

Just so you know, I prefer Kleenex over Puffs.

June 18, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. joe

@Joey Isotta-fraschini: sorry I wasn't paying too much attention at that later post about shortening it to JIF so I thought it came from you.

June 18, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |