Anthony defense threatened with contempt
The judge in the Casey Anthony murder trial threatened to charge defense attorney Jose Baez, above, with contempt for calling a surprise witness.
June 18th, 2011

Anthony defense threatened with contempt

The judge in the Casey Anthony murder trial ordered a defense witness off the stand Saturday and threatened attorney Jose Baez with contempt proceedings for failing to tell prosecutors about the witness' planned testimony.

Forensic anthropologist William Rodriguez told Judge Belvin Perry after the jury had been excused that he was preparing to tell jurors that no conclusions can be drawn from duct tape found near 2-year-old Caylee Anthony's body because of decomposition and movement of the bones by animals.

Rodriguez also said he planned to testify that a video prepared by a prosecution expert superimposing Caylee's living face with a picture of her skull and the outline of a piece of duct tape was an "unheard of" application of technology meant only to provide initial identifications of remains.

Rodriguez' opinions are critical rebuttals of the prosecution's theory that duct tape found clinging to the girl's remains was essentially the murder weapon, used to cover her mouth and nose after her mother knocked her unconscious with chloroform.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony • Crime
  1. Jazzzzzzzz

@Joey,you have a way with words my friend. I think I follow what you said at 2:26. He he.

June 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I like the name JIF.
    I always respond to it, as all cats think their name is Ssssssss.
    We all know that I'm haughty, so Norma wants me to keep the nice big car.

June 18, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jazzzzzzzz

@JIF. Don't you just miss the lyrics of great writers like the Beatles. It was a little before my time. But I love great lyrics. "Imagine there's no heaven. Imagine there's no hell. Its easy if you try. Imagine all the people living for today." This world is so much better with true musicians.

June 18, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Inagadadavida

@Jazzzz:
    That was John Lennon, after he left the Beatles.
    But it IS a beautiful song.

June 18, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jazzzzzzzz

That's right. I'm so in love with that song. John Lenon

June 18, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Inagadadavida

@JIF:

Aren't you the typical mook, as one blogger put it?
    I almost had a kitten when that was posted!

June 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Yes, Jazzzzzzzz, the Beatles had "it." Their imitators began to dilute that power very soon, and now...well, you know what's happening.
    A lot of aspiration has been lost in pursuit of fast money in that field, and in misguided sociological intention related to music. It has even happened in opera and instrumental concerts, since the 1970s.

June 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Inagadavida:
    Hm. Do you think I'm a mook?
    I know the term. Please explain its relationship to me.

June 18, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I know how flattered I was when African-Americans at my gym started saying how "nickel" I was.
    Moi? Mook?

June 18, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. true

You don't have to imagine there is no heaven, because there isn't. That's just a lame myth.

June 18, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jim

Nickel? I prefer double eagles myself. In fact I wish I had a couple since their so valuable.

June 18, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Inagadavida

Pal Joey:

That is what one blogger called you a few days ago.
    Apparently you didn't see it.
    It doesn't have anything to do with you, as I patiently explained to him.
    He thought that your user name referred to you being a typical Italian mook.
    We both know you are not.
    I know your "last name" is in reference to a beautiful vintage vehicle.

Now, with your leave, I am getting off these blogs, because I am tired of having to explain every post to everybody.
    I am not referring to you, either....

I have a husband in the basement I have to mop up.

Cheers!

June 18, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ inagadadavida:
    OFF TOPIC:
    I know you've gone to tend the power plant, but maybe you'll catch this later.
    Thank you for standing up for me. BTW, I have not one drop of Italian blood in me, but one singer from Naples told me, "you're like somebody who's lived in Italy a long time–centuries..."
    I told a funny tale from an Italian trip that your in-a-garden name brought up. I guess it was too long, so it was censored. Maybe I'll try again sometime.
    I'm off to bed early. Have to play tomorrow afternoon, and the worst out-of-town part of my season is over June 23.
    I really need some rest. This "knitting" on the Blackberry keeps me cool.
    Buona notte.
    Happy Father's Day.

June 18, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. abby

Actually, both Baez and Casey are beneath our contempt....

June 18, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |