Anthony defense threatened with contempt
The judge in the Casey Anthony murder trial threatened to charge defense attorney Jose Baez, above, with contempt for calling a surprise witness.
June 18th, 2011

Anthony defense threatened with contempt

The judge in the Casey Anthony murder trial ordered a defense witness off the stand Saturday and threatened attorney Jose Baez with contempt proceedings for failing to tell prosecutors about the witness' planned testimony.

Forensic anthropologist William Rodriguez told Judge Belvin Perry after the jury had been excused that he was preparing to tell jurors that no conclusions can be drawn from duct tape found near 2-year-old Caylee Anthony's body because of decomposition and movement of the bones by animals.

Rodriguez also said he planned to testify that a video prepared by a prosecution expert superimposing Caylee's living face with a picture of her skull and the outline of a piece of duct tape was an "unheard of" application of technology meant only to provide initial identifications of remains.

Rodriguez' opinions are critical rebuttals of the prosecution's theory that duct tape found clinging to the girl's remains was essentially the murder weapon, used to cover her mouth and nose after her mother knocked her unconscious with chloroform.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony • Crime
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Assuming for a moment of reflection the possibility that Casey may indeed have murdered Caylee, ponder this:
    Casey did not want a baby enough to raise it. Would it not have been better to abort the fetus than to give birth and then murder Caylee?
    I'm not arguing against delivering the baby and giving it to good parents who would raise her well.
    I'm arguing that an abortion would have been a far, far better thing that Casey could have done.
    Except for one thing:
    The aborted fetus could never have put any money into a church collection plate.

June 19, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
    • amanda

oh that baby got a lot of love from the grandparents. but if the grandparents took sole custody then who would support CASEY? that child would be taken care of by anyone with a heart, but without the baby who will take care of her mother? that kid was her meal ticket, she just didn't want to have to deal with the responsibility required.......just the benefits.

you do realise that adoption is an alternative to abortion right? ok.adoption is when you decide NOT to deny a child their right to life and love and just kill it off because someone doesn't want the responsibility. and even if you aren't capable of being the better person and making that decision to allow your child life and love, the government is structured enough to allow many options for giving the child to a better family, many many options. what you're talking about is someone who's too busy or lazy to take away from HER (casey's) life to do go that route.

June 19, 2011 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jazzzzzzzz

Happy Father's Day Joey.

June 19, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. amanda

entertaining this brat (casey) is a drain on our society. the only justice caylee can get is that hopefully people will show a lot more love for their childrem after witnessing this circus. the fact that her own mother has made a circus of the girl's death to get out of a 1st degree murder charge is obscene.

i see what the defense doesn't want to show- a grown up child "stuck" with the responsibility of an actual child, who wants to party on her parent's dime while they watch caylee, without having to "deal" with her mother for being an irresponsible parent. irreverence for her child warrants enough disgust- her behaviour since only confirms that this "mother" is selfish and evil, pure and simple.

casey just wants her freedom, guys, hasn't she always? any parent who consciously says "i'd rather get aggravated child abuse or neglect rather than first degree murder" in order to get a shorter sentence IS evil. it hasn't ONCE been about the little girl, the BABY really. she doesn't love anyone but herself, definitely not when she was mugging for the camera even with the little girl. the kind of person that casey is-someone whotakes pics with their child over and over until they get a shot that SHE (casey) looks great in, forget the baby, erase the rest. i mean, do you see any pics of her when she's NOT mugging? she's a facade and she's doing what you'd expect a shallow, selfish person to do.

overall i'm just disgusted that legally the court has to entertain casey's bs. what a drag on our society, and a shame that her self-preservation prevents her from realising how awful she is- otherwise, she's just evil. NOT guilty? come on.

June 19, 2011 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Just Saying

I think you hit it Spot On!

June 19, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lvit2Bieber

I hope this defense lawyer gets a lot of money for his book, you all know that is his sole reason for defending this sociopathic wench. Any one but me notice that he has to cue her to cry, dry tears I might add. Were I not guilty of killing my child they would drag me from the courtroom screaming my innocence vs sitting there like an unfeeling lump on a log. Oh wait, I would never harm a clhild much less be passe if mine were missing for 30+ days...lost my two year old in the OC mall for 5 minutes and totally freaked to the point of hysteria. Watch Casey's face, you can almost hear her saying "how can I get out of this" not "Oh my God my baby is dead and they think I did it'!

June 19, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar The Chorizo Champ Of Chihuahua

burn the witch

June 19, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

@Cesar:
    Hi.

June 19, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy

@JIF:

I crochet, myself.
    I will tell spent Rod that you wish him a Happy Father's Day.
    He had the easy part.

I will always have your back.

I will be off shortly to enjoy a dirty vodka martini (with exta olives) on the deck with Rod; maybe a dip in the pool...

Cheers!

June 19, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cesar

@banasy: Hi back. BTW, that Cesar Chorizo blah blah blah is not me. Just in case you want to know.

June 19, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy

@Cesar Real:

I know.

June 19, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ banasy:
    I don't really knit!
    I call blogging on this phone my "knitting."
    Lots of folks who do work like mine do knit, to kill time on planes.

June 19, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy

@JIF:

I know that! You've stated that before.
    I was just continuing the yarn.

June 19, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Yo

Why is it that no one mention why she would name her child after her brother if he was molesting her...Get it..Ca for Casey and Lee for her brother..Caylee!!! and who is the baby daddy???????

June 20, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  13. chelsea

I hope and pray this jury sees through the smoke screen presented by the defense. Baez is a slimeball, even if his remarks are striken from record, it's too late, the jury already heard it.

June 20, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sarah

Jose keeps whining about "how hard his job is" and the "dog ate my homework" excuse. He seems to be in over his head. By continuing to lie Casey is facing death penalty when if she had confessed to accidental death 3yrs ago she could have been out in 10?

June 20, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  15. pam

i think the defense is doing a great job with their witnesses. the state is causing all these delays because they are getting worried. the defense medical examiner walked all over the prosicution lawyer. i don't understand her ways and why she went out partying or dancing but i think the defense will show us with all their witnesses. i don't think she did it.as far as the duct tape goes. if the water and debree caused all the glue to come off the back and nothing was left but plastic and fibers, then why in the world did it not do the same thing to a tiny sticky spot from a sticker that just tells me it was put there later. i hope that there are at least a few jurors that think the same way i do. she's not guilty

June 21, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |