June 18th, 2011

Sources: Pakistan knew about increased U.S. activity in Abbottabad

Pakistan was aware of increased U.S. intelligence activity in the country weeks before the raid that killed Osama bin Laden in May, an Arab diplomat with direct knowledge of the events and a senior Pakistani official told CNN Saturday.

The two sources offered slightly different versions of who knew what, when.

The diplomat, who wished to remain anonymous because he is not authorized to speak publicly, said Pakistan knew about the heightened intelligence activity, specifically in the city of Abbottabad, but "never, never had any idea the operation was about bin Laden." The diplomat was approached privately by a Pakistani to inquire about heightened U.S. intelligence-gathering activities. He said it was assumed Pakistan was asking all Arab allies.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Osama bin Laden • Pakistan • U.S.
  1. Action Jackson

Was this the same source that told the US about Iraq's WMD's? Oh I know it was the source that told CNN that a picture of baby back ribs was pork shoulder.. No wait.. This source was the psychic that led police to 20 dead bodies... well it was actually 18 and they were chicken remains.. I needed a source like 17 years ago to guide me through. My life to help me avoid the succubus..

June 18, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Action Jackson

Sorry for the punctuation error. My phone has a mind of its own.

June 18, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lilith

Come back, AJ, come back.......

June 18, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Squirtle

@Lilith.. the christians call you a who re.. Is that true? Not sure what to believe, but if the anti-male man hating Lilith fair is any indicator then it seems Adam may have made a mistake. I'm sure your physical gifts are second to none, but word has it you are difficult to get along with. I'm all ears.

June 18, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Keri

Please, just shut up. Your moods are worse than any woman's, you little pocket monster.
    You definitely think you are smarter than you are. Just do us a favor and kérjük, fogd be!

June 18, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Charmander

@Keri: I'm smart enough to narrow that down to 3 languages and figure out it was Hungarian.. Not very nice. You tip your hand too easy. Ignoring me would have done more to leave me clueless. That is what you want right mad hatter? Only one reason you chose Hungarian and we both know why that is. 😉 You should also know I'm very much against the criminal religious establishment, so I was offering you a way to reach out. We both know you don't care though which obviously is your choice, but why drag me along for the ride? Let us both find peace apart.. You also know why I went from Squirtle to Charmander don't ya dirty girl.. I'd forgive you if it were my job, but that's for you know who to decide. 🙂 Jaded are we? Snakes serpentine pliskin..

June 18, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Keri

@charmander: I can't leave you alone. I'm like the joker in the dark knight. I love to hate you which is why I'm a mean little barnacle that clings to you, like a plastic bag over a child's face. The truth is I'm totally nuts and you will never be able to fix yourself enough to please me enough, so that I start being nice to you. I could easily morph into some thug and shoot you, but that would leave me alone here and that's why I keep you around. Please off yourself if you have any self respect left.

June 18, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Korn Nutz The artist formally know as Charmander

@Keri: Yeah I'm getting that. That's plan C don't worry. :O

June 18, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Heated driveway

You guys know of any rats?

June 18, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Maria

Per favore, interrompere l'assurdità ora! Tu mi annoiano.
    Mostro tascabile silly, vattene!

June 18, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Giuseppe

Bona sera Maria! Ciao mi cafe espresso amore!

June 18, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Heath Ledger

Leave me out of this. Can't a guy enjoy eternity without being dragged into an earth realm argument?

June 18, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Thèrése

Ohhh, c'est drôle! Je vous remercie, Heath!

June 18, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Maria

@Guiseppe:

Come posso, amico mio, così come io!

June 18, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Giuseppe

@maria: L'unica ragione per cui sto ancora parlando con voi è perché mi annoio. Che cosa ci dice di te, se il mio culo perdente vi tratta come la mia ultima risorsa. Non si dispone di uno spettacolo di burattini per preparare per la vostra prossima vittima? Si psicotico Norman Bates! Sa di stagni merda qualsiasi oca infestato posso avere un amico nerd gettare un fuoco d'artificio in malta? Se io ti ha portato omicidio così tanto di me, o mi lasci in pace. Grazie.

June 18, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Keri

Nem mondtam, hogy egyáltalán Charmander‬.
    It was a troll.

June 18, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Maria

@Guiseppe:

Non ho detto nulla di ucciderti. che era un troll. Ho apprezzato la nostra chat, però, tutte le cose belle finiscono. E io voglio dire, una fine. Non ho mai fatto una cosa a te, eppure si va online a vostra capriccio orribile e cercare di umiliarmi. Più no! Non commento a me più, picklehead! Addio!

June 18, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |