June 24th, 2011

Caylee Anthony could climb pool stairs, grandmother says

Two-year-old Caylee Anthony was able to climb into the family's backyard pool on her own, but she couldn't have installed the removable ladder or opened gates leading to the area, her grandmother testified Friday at the outset of an emotional day in the Casey Anthony murder trial.

Defense attorneys are trying to prove that Caylee could have accidentally drowned in the family pool on June 16, 2008. They argue Casey Anthony and her father panicked on finding the girl's body and covered up her death.

Prosecutors argue Casey Anthony used chloroform to render her daughter unconscious, put duct tape on her nose and mouth to smother her, then stored her body in the trunk of her car for a few days before disposing of the remains in a wooded field.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony • Crime
  1. Deb

If it was really an accident, why cover it up?

June 24, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Debra

What are they trying to prove here??? They are trying to say the baby drowned in the pool, saying that George is responsible for the death of his grand daughter are you serious!!!! I will not believe for a minute that had anything to do with that baby death!!!! They loved that child, it is clearly a dysfunctional family, they have a lot of secrets that needs to come out!!! I know they don't want her to get the death penalty cause they have lost to important people in there life!!! I think Hosea Bias is looking for something that he can't find, the defense are losing here, they need more evidence that says Caylee drowned in the family pool!!! And I don't think they have proved that yet!!!

June 24, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. RN

Keep her imprisoned. Obviously something is terribly wrong with her stories. But the death penalty would only punish those left behind; i.e. the family that has lived the nightmare. Also, police and prosecutors stand to gain promotions with these high profile cases. I'm not saying she's innocent, but prosecutors and police have been found to prosecute the wrong person for the sole purpose of building their own careers. The higher the stakes, the greater the chance of their own egos becoming the overiding force that motivates them over their own egos. For one example, read Tom Grisham's "Innocent Man"; NOT a novel, rather a true account of human beings who worked for law enforcement allowing their own egos to be more important than the truth, justice and equity. The higher the profile, the stronger the enticement towards self-pious hypocrisy and narcissistic egocentric auto-promotion.

June 24, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cj

Why is it that the defence r allowed to twist everything to save this person. she is a killer of her only child .i have been following this from the beginning . how do these defence ppl sleep at nite forgetting there is a dead child.

June 24, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sharen Turner

I know you have lost a granddaughter and don't want to loose a daughter also. I have only one child, a daughter, and could not bear losing her. But, who is going to speak up for and respect the life of your grandaughter? I am so sorry for your situation, but you should do the ruight thing and respect the life of your granddaughter. If not you, then who? I am glad I am not in your position. What would I do. I don't think that I could defend someone, even my only child, if they committed such a selfish act, but I am not sure. God be with nyou.

June 24, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. PMoulton

Where is the proof that Caylee drowned? Did Dr G find water in her lungs that would be pool (chlorinated water) when the autopsy was done? How can we "Assume" anything in a trial ie is that pic of a toddler at the partially opened door really Caylee? Just because a picture shows a partially opened door doesn't mean she was the one that opened it, or could even open it enough to get out. Defense is pushing for a mistrial, prosecution needs to step up and disprove them on everything they enter into so called evidence. As for Cindy and George Anthony they should be arrested for perjury.

June 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. gung hoe

Sharen turner i loved your post dont think i couldve done as well its good to see that iam not the only one with a lick of sense

June 25, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cynthia from Orlando

WOW! incredible that the Anthony's remember all this details now precisely now that they know that Casey is so close to be convicted. Baez is been taking for a fool by Casey, like she did to anyone else. Casey is GUILTY bottom line.

June 26, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |