June 25th, 2011

Anthony trial shut down till Monday

Citing an unspecified legal issue, Chief Judge Belvin Perry has ordered the Casey Anthony murder trial into recess until Monday. Perry's announcement follows nearly an hour of discussions in court and in his chambers among the judge and attorneys.

Follow CNN's coverage of the Casey Anthony trial
Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony • Courts • Crime • Florida
  1. RUFFNUTT

i wish i was her prison guard.

June 25, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. Julie Kelly

I think the family is doing everything they can to not let the ugly truth leak out...that being, Casey's brother Lee Anthony is little Caylee's biological father. They never really confirmed or denied the DNA test results. In fact, Lee Anthony when questioned about that did not deny it. He only said "it would be discussed when appropriate". Caylee looks just like a combination of Casey and Lee. In fact, the name "Caylee" is a combination of the names Casey and Lee. I think that is the real reason for Lee Anthony's tears on the witness stand this week. It was his niece and daughter who were killed. And I also believe that is why the family never acknowledged Casey's pregnancy until days before Caylee's birth and kept Lee Anthony out of the loop.

June 25, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Meg

And I think you are drinking the defense team's koolaid by believing all the red herrings they throw out. Give me a break.

June 25, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Dw

Your a fwcking idiot. Read the evidence in the case. The FBI in fact did exclude Lee as the father after a DNA paternity test. Will the stupid please refrain from commenting on this case and enough with the silly conspiracy theories. This is nothing more than a sociopathic mother that killed her child who happened to be from a disfunctional family. Nothing less nothing more. I know gossip and speculation is more fun for those hungry for drama....but get a life dipsh!ts!

June 25, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • rfletch7

Actually, they have confirmed the negative results of the paternity test during the trial.

You must have heard what you wanted to hear.

June 25, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Shneeky

Wow, there really are people that are that gullible out there. I just hope one didn't slip into the jury pool!

June 25, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • FedUp

Wow! That never ocurred to me,would change everything.I wonder if we will ever know the truth.One messed up family! Very sad and upsetting!

June 25, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • kimpossible

Are you kidding me? DNA was taken, Lee Is NOT the father, Georoge is NOT the father, so why do people like you perpetuate these rumours. Do your homework, present FACTS or don't present anything at all!

June 25, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Rene

You must have missed that court session where it was confirmed Lee is not the father

June 25, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • brooks09

Julie, I agree with you 100%. This family is keeping BIG secrets from everybody especially the court. But I think one of these days Lee is going to break and spill out the beans. Something this big is gotta be eating him alive!!! I think they should arrest both Cindy and George for lying in court!!

June 25, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Daniel

I'm not sure if you're exactly correct, but I think you're on the right track. It has been reported that DNA testing excluded Lee from being the father...but it was a human doing the testing, so it is not infallible. This whole thing stinks...obviously there are huge pieces of the puzzle that even the defense team is not aware of. Perhaps Caylee's father is the key piece that we just don't have. But is it not possible that Casey and Lee believed Lee to be the father, until testing proved otherwise? And does that not in itself speak volumes as to the culpability of not just Casey, but her family? Look at it like this: if Casey, Lee, and their parents were all hiding the fact that terrible incest was ongoing, for more than a decade, and then suddenly Casey is pregnant and they have to face the ugly truth about themselves...these people had been in shock and denial for almost three years following Caylee's birth. What if there WAS a terrible accident at the pool? Suddenly they go into panic mode: omg, the press will find out about the incest, omg our family and friends will know the truth we've been hiding from even ourselves, what do we do? I see this as a very sad case where the blame is spread all around. And–please don't hate me for saying this–but on some level, isn't it better that Caylee escaped this family? She would not have grown up to be a Nobel Prize-winning chemist; she would have grown up a scared, abused little girl, just like Casey. Look how beautiful she was. Don't think for one second that the next boyfriend of Casey's would not also have noticed. It happens all_the_time.

June 25, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • newsh

I think Judge Perry is Caylee's father. Yeah. And Lee is MY father. I got sad when my daddy cried on the stand yesterday.

June 25, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Marilee Alec

Interesting observation about the name Cay-Lee

June 26, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Texan0501

DNA proved Lee was not the father. Move on.

June 25, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. Virginia

Didn't some questions come up regarding the computer search report...as to the "author" of the report entered into evidence? When the Orange County expert was questioned by Baez and then by Linda (?), it was brought out that the gentleman from Canada was testifying about the report authored by the Orange County expert.

June 25, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  5. stephanie beckett

could they have cindy anthonys work records and found out she perjured herhelf on the stand

June 25, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe DeMaria

I agree

June 25, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sonchie

It's not unusual for a family to keep the pregnancy of an unwed mother as young as Casey very discreet. Happens all the time. Especially, if she was contemplating adoption.

June 25, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Tal0203

Young? She was 20 years old when her daughter was born. I would not consider that an exceptionally young pregnancy which family would hide....

June 25, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  7. Rich In New Jersey

My guess it involves perjury from Friday's testimony: They checked Cindy's work records and on her work computer and can verify that she was at work when she said she was at home searching for chlorophyl and chloroform at the exact time.

June 25, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • w.s.

Wow; your right!!! Why didn't I think of that?!!!! Of course. It sure would not of taken very long to check those work records. Maybe that is it!!! OMG!

June 25, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • VegasJoe

She's lying to provide cover for her daughter. A nuse should know how to spell that drug. A high school dropout is more likely to misspell it. Once they uncover Cindy lied under oath she's done and so is her daughter.

June 25, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. mitch

How is this news? A child is dead and its tragic, but please CNN cover some real news. This is for court tv not CNN.

June 25, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  9. w.s.

Court abruptly recessed until Monday. They are saying that something serious going on. Could it be that "inmate" is coming forth. The one who told Casey about the other inmate's child drowning? You know the story that some think Casey "borrowed" for her defense? Its either that or something more going on with her screwy family. All these lies are going to come back to haunt them. And if these lies get Casey off the hook; it is NOT going to go over good AT ALL!

June 25, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mona

@ Julie...They did speak on Lee not being the father of Caylee...the DNA stated that HE WAS NOT THE FATHER!!! But they didn't speak on George's results. I don't know what trial you are watching! I'm glad you are not on the jury...Casey would walk away free with your THEORY!

June 25, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. joyce such

Could this be that the judge has received proof that Jose Biaz has suborned purgery by Cindy anthony's testamony yesterday?

June 25, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  12. teacher john kimble

whos your daddy? and what does he do...

June 25, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  13. MRGULLIBLE

Wow... Some people believe everything they hear without finding out information on their own.

June 25, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  14. Rich In New Jersey

Yesterday, I thought Lee's emotional testimony was all crocodile tears. Am I the only one that can see this?!?!

June 25, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  15. ana

It doesn't matter even if Lee is the father, but that betch is the one who killed or hiding something about the death of Caylee, so she should be punished. I hope that serious issue is Cindy's works records and I hope she goes to jail for lying to save her evil daughter.

June 25, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |