Gotta Watch: Remembering Farrah Fawcett
June 25th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Remembering Farrah Fawcett

On June 25th, 2009 Farrah Fawcett passed away at the age of 62 after battling cancer for several years. Best known for her role on "Charlie's Angels," Fawcett became a sex symbol when she posed for a now-iconic poster in a red bathing suit. The poster went on to become one of the best-selling posters of all time, solidifying her status as a pop culture icon. Here at Gotta Watch we looked back at the anniversary of her death with videos from those closest to her.

Remembering Farrah Fawcett – Farrah Fawcett passed on the morning of June 25th, 2009 at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California after battling anal cancer since 2006.

O'Neal on the cause of Farrah's cancer – Ryan O'Neal attempts to explain the complicated relationship between he, Tatum O'Neal and Farrah Fawcett. At one point during an emotional interview O'Neal tells CNN's Piers Morgan he thinks it's possible he and his family caused Farrah Fawcett's cancer.

'My Journey with Farrah' – Alana Stewart discusses her book "My Journey with Farrah" about her friendship with the late actress. Stewart also discusses the painful experience of witnessing Farrah's struggle against the terminal disease and her effort to film her fight with cancer for the documentary "Farrah's Story."

Family members reflect of Farrah's death – Farrah Fawcett's family marks the first anniversary of her death and discuss how they are coping with the loss. Ryan O'Neal, Tatum O'Neal and Farrah's son Redmond Fawcett O'Neal reflect of her legacy and the foundation that was created in her memory to help battle cancer.

1. Jazzzzzzzz

Anyone remember she was the (Breck Girl). she also reminded me of my oldest sister, soooo beautiful on the outside and sooo sweet on the inside. Rare combination... your still missed my little ray of sunshine.

June 25, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • bam

sad that MJ the drug addict overshadowed her death and still is at each anniversary.....

June 26, 2011 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Who wrote this?
    "...between he, Tatum O'Neal and..."
    Those who want to write for money should learn a little English: not necessarily a lot of English, but the basics.

June 25, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Jazzzzzzz,
    I met Farrah Fawcett once. She really was as nice in person...so nice that I could pretend she was flirting.
    A boy whose parents were very close friends put that famous poster on his bedroom wall when he was about six years old.
    Prodigy.

June 25, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

Hey Joey, How are ya and I'm not surprised you have meet her as well, Ha Ha. The post at you troll was funny on the other blog which escapes but any how who... Smile. If he had to do what you do every day his mind would EXPLODE, very good come back. I for Joey... Next serv goes to the troll and better make it good cause he just whoppped your hiney.

June 25, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

opps.. It's on the "Arab Unrest" blog last comment. You goooooooo Joey.

June 25, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lorraine

I have to say, I'd forgotten that today is the anniversary – I see nothing about MJ (thankfully) – I only say that due to MJ-death-controversy fatigue. Farrah, on the other hand, was a quiet, beautiful lady, whose passing was overshadowed; it's fitting that she be the one who's memorialized here today.

June 25, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mark

She is and will continue to be missed. But CNN, she died on June 25, not July 25. Please check your dates before posting.
    Thanks!

June 25, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Hi Jazzzzzzz!
    I'm going to look now and see what I didn't write.
    Thank you.

June 25, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Jazzzzzzz,
    Oh yes, I wrote that he would have a seizure disorder if he did my job.
    I did it.

June 25, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Jazzzzzzz, check out my tribute to Michael Jackson's talent and work ethic under the article about him.
    Very few performers outside my limited part of music get my admiration the way he did. Garland, Presley, Odetta, Ella Fitzgerald...

June 25, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

Joey... Yes addiction and talent would be polar opposites. Yet everyone looks for some out-let if ones life is a stringent as his was. I remember every time I would see him, he would dance the I could only dream of doing myself. I let life pull me in a different direction so I never got to be apart of that world. still I do *very* much enjoy his as well as others work. Joey, when are we going to see some of yours? Ha Ha (smile) just kidding ya. Have a good night oh and great tribute 🙂

June 25, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ahkmed the Terror Guy

Sorry I'm late. I had to stop-off at the men's room and remember Farrah.

June 25, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |

The Jacksons , blow that one out of the water on AM

June 25, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

Daggnabitt, I mean BLEW

June 25, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. TJ

Sorry, but Ryan O'Neal is pathetic. I was wondering how long it would take him to mention anything about Farrah just so he can boost the ratings for that pathetic reality show with his daughter Tatum. RIP Farrah!!

June 25, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Playjojo

He's a pathetic dirtbag, but you can't Tatum, he started screwing her up when she was just a kid. He put her through neglect, when he was there, physical abuse, drugs. When she married Macanroe (However you spell it) she married her father, which is what happens. She went from abuse to abuse. I thought she was smartening up, especially after the idiot (Ryan) tried to pick her up at Farrahs funeral.

June 25, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Playjojo

Oops,you can't blame Tatum. Missed it .

June 25, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Donna

She was truly unique. Her beauty, soft voice, and talent. She fought cancer with courage and dignity. No one is like her she was one of a kind.

June 25, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |