June 25th, 2011

Libyan soccer players join the rebels

Seventeen prominent soccer players in Libya have defected to the rebels, opposition spokesmen said Saturday, in another setback to the county's embattled leadership.

They arrived in the rebel stronghold of Zintan in western Libya Saturday afternoon to cheering crowds that greeted them with celebratory gunfire and smiles. Players posed with locals and briefly batted a soccer ball between their heads.

"I am telling Colonel (Moammar) Gadhafi to leave us alone and allow us to create a free Libya," goalkeeper Juma Gtat told BBC News earlier in the town of Jadu.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Africa • Arab unrest: developments • Libya • War
  1. Skynet CPU

Thanks Philip.. You did what we failed to do so many times.. You led us to Michael Jackson.. I mean Joe Co cke r, I mean James Cameron, I mean Jim Carrey, I mean JC Chavez, I mean Chris Johnson, I mean John Conner, I mean Chris Angel, I mean Jeezy, I mean Jesus..ah! Hallelujah

June 25, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Tired:
    I am neither funny nor unfunny for your benefit.
    Everything I do is for my own pleasure.
    That's why I don't come or go at your command.
    Do you understand the Mahayana Buddhist concept of Void?
    That is what you are to me, Tired: you are Void.

June 25, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Hi I'm a pretentious hypocrite. My favorite void is a child's Hershey trap door.

June 25, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tired

@ Joey Isotta-Fraschini:

I wasn't speaking to you. I was speaking to Ahkmed, who was referencing something a troll said posing as you.
    But thanks for declaring me a void; that's what I get for defending someone who I thought had a little bit of class. I was wrong.
    Reading comprehension would be a good thing for you to look into; start with my post.

June 25, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar

@Tired: Guess what? You just made somebody's day; A troll's day. Joey did not write that garbage. Someone used his name to annoy you. Guess you're new. Trolls suk.

June 25, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Tired

@Cesar:
    No, I am not new. The "void" post is most definitely Joey. I have posted here before, and I know who is who.

June 25, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tired

His 9:17 post, I mean.

June 25, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cesar

@Tired: No! It is not Joey. It is a troll. Case closed.

June 25, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Tired:
    I apologize–I think.
    I thought that the "l" in "tool" was an explanation point.
    It was small on my Blackberry, and I've had retinal detachments.
    I didn't know why you were telling me to go away; I fight back when attacked.
    I'm being attacked here a lot today.
    When I wrote the "Void" post, I was getting constant calls about a sick friend, plus calls from other friends who worry because I'm so overscheduled.
    BREAK–will return.

June 25, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Continued:
    I don't know why I can't have my say here, too...
    Yes, I do. When I was eleven years old, my picture was all over the place for playing the piano someplace, and kids punched my face out of the shots.
    My piano teacher called me to her studio and explained that my life would always be like that.
    Here I am with people attacking me because I want to be part of a group, even if anonymously.
    Somebody today said he wants to be the smartest kid on the block.
    He's right: he does want that.

June 25, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I see that these Tea Partying trolls hijacked this web page, too. These people never say anything since as Tea Partiers themselves, they have nothing on their minds to amount to anything. I just wish that this one Tea Partier who keeps trolling me would just quit since it makes me look as dumb as he is!!!

June 25, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Continued:
    I get attention whether I try to or not.
    I usually stay by myself with only a few friends.
    A friend of mine–the one who is sick–lived with Judy Garland for a while. One day she put on three hats and three pairs of sunglasses and asked him, "do you think I could go to the supermarket now?"
    He told her that he could still tell that she was Judy Garland.
    People are still punching my face out of pictures.
    Here.
    I could run and hide again.
    I don't want anything more here than going to the supermarket.
    I'll try a little longer.
    If you see be "not there," I'll have done another Garbo act.

June 25, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

AND:
    I did not write the inserted "Tea Party" post. I wrote the next JIF post.

June 25, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sunshine Girl

Jazzzzzz my dear. No offense but why do you post? You are truly a waste of posting space.

June 26, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |