June 25th, 2011

Suicide truck bomber targets Afghan hospital, kills 35

A suicide bomb attack targeting a hospital in eastern Afghanistan killed at least 35 people and wounded more than two dozen, a brazen strike that rocked a maternity ward and claimed the lives of numerous women and children.

The incident occurred Saturday in the Azra district of Logar province when a truck packed with explosives detonated, according to Sifatiullah Haqmal, a member of the provincial council.

The head of the U.N. Assistance Mission in Afghanistan said "much of the damage was in the maternity ward of the hospital, and many of those killed and injured were women and children."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Afghanistan
  1. saywhat

Innocent men,women & children being killed on a daily basis with exceptions, all muslims. Mosques, muslim shrines, pilgrims, hospitals, schools, market places attacked regularly in Iraq,Afghanistan & Pakistan.
    Who are these terrorists ? They surely cannot be muslims. Have the remnants of pagan hordes of central Asia risen from the dust?

What is happening in these 'civilized enlightened' times ? Tens of thousands dead in Iraq, tens of thousands in Iraq & Pakistan & Afghanistan in the past decade at our hands & at the hands of these barbarians. Now Libya.
    Bombs a flying, missiles, drones , suicide attacks.
    Has the world gone mad?

June 25, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

Not really, saywhat. It's just that the right-wing thugs in Washington call the shots these days. There are far too many people making too much money from these obnoxious wars and that's not likely to stop anytime soon unless the people wise up and vote these right-wing goons out of office. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

June 25, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jony Igotta-Zuccini

It's not about you Joey. It's about our government's policies, with the foreign clashing with the domestic, and how they've changed to suit us lately Americans. Michael Jackson did the same exact thing. Think about it and you'll figure it out. Picture MJ at a Disneyland concert when he was youngster and contrast that with lately MJ. I adored Michael Jackson and was at that concert. Donny and the Osmonds were there too. And I adored America back then too, before she changed to suit the lately's.

June 25, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Fillup

Hi, my name is Fillup. Anytime someone disagrees with me, I make fun of their name, change it, and use it to be as condescending as possible. I am unhappy. Please forgive me, for I am as big a troll as they come.
    I want everybody to think I am the smartest kid on the block, but when confronted with actual intelligence, I go into attack mode. I'm a dick, I know.

June 25, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Fillup

It'n not about you, Joey, it's about me, me, me!

June 25, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Hey George Patton

Again, somehow, someway, no matter what the topic, a liberal blames "the right-wing" for pretty much anything. Global warming, tsunami, floods, terrorist attacks........probably even blanes them when his car breaks down.

Last I checked, the left wing controls the White House and Congress. *YAWN* Will the "blame George Bush" campaign still work for the next election?

Seriously, it's a sad day when a suicide bomber takes out a Maternity Ward. I can't see how that supports any cause whatsover.

June 25, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. zigzag

Attacking women and children wow what a demented thing to do. Yes. Truly a sad day.

June 25, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Philip:
    We don't have to agree on everything.
    I respect your intelligence.
    Sometimes I examine your position and say to myself, yes, if I were looking at this matter and basing my thinking on cognitions that come into Philip's reasoning as he addresses a subject, I would conclude what he does.
    We have accepted some different underlying positions on some matters.
    Thank you for identifying your "zuccini" self and for explaining your habit to me.
    I do not want to fight with you.
    It would be boring to talk to somebody who agreed with everything I said.

June 25, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Oh–
    Not Philip.

June 25, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

But not really Philip.
    Good job, troll.

June 25, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. markjuliansmith

Plato informed Humanity many years ago change Foundation Text informing evil against Other or Change Nothing.

Change Islamic text informing evil against Other – Otherphobia, for each new Muslim generation or Change Nothing.

Foundation Text=Ethics=Ideas=Motivation= Action against Other

Religious Text informing evil=Secular Text informing evil

Therefore Religious Text should not be protected just because it is sourced from Tawdry self-serving revelations from a Man-God Rabbit as the Secular is not.

Muslim Textual construct regards Other = Nazi Textual construct regards Other

Muslim Moderate/Liberals=Nazi Moderate/Liberals

Muslim Terror against other=Nazi Terror against Other.

Proof:

Genocidal Outcomes

Kristallnacht

USCIRF Annual Report 2011 – The Commission's Watch List: Indonesia

June 25, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Fillup

Thanks, Joey.
    But it really is Philip doing it.

June 25, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy

This article makes me sick. Pregnant women and newborns. Nice.
    Jacassios!

Man, a lot of mean-spirited posting going on here today.
    What is this, Snarky Saturday?

@JIF:
    That is indeed Philip with the Jony Igotta Zucchini postings. He's a little funster, isn't he?

June 25, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ajd041

Ughh those people are demented and not muslims if they're bombing their own mosques but this may seem paranoid but I think something else will be coming from al-Qaeda despite the death of bin laden these attacks in afghanistan are to distract us while their cells are training to strike america

June 26, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. NKIMJR

You still have to wonder how much pressure is being put on the young(there are no old suicide bombers!) people in their various mosques by their Imams has they continue to slaughter their own innocents. Even more to the point what is the purpose? To what, get them to come over to your way of thinking, by killing them when they had no part in anything. It hasn't been working nor will it ever!

June 26, 2011 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

@NKIMJR..."One man's terrorist is another man's freddom fighter", so I'm sure that Arab Muslims could be just as critical of how our churches lure young men onto the battlefiend, sprinkling 'holy water' on bombs, literally. (a Catholic Priest actually did this for bombs dropped on Hiroshima/Nagasaki) Yes, virtually every nation's churches claim that a god is with them, and that any who die defending the flag die for "God and country". Fortunatly it's becoming more economically viable for Uncle Sam to hire soldiers of fortune than it is for him to underwrite churches who send him the fleeced-flock's youngsters. Plus, corporate military personel are already trained and convinced that war is the way to go. Church recruits are green and require further conditioning.

June 26, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |