Bachmann announces White House 2012 bid
Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann announced her White House bid in Iowa Monday.
June 27th, 2011

Bachmann announces White House 2012 bid

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann formally announced her candidacy for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination Monday during an appearance in Waterloo, Iowa, a city where she was born. Stay tuned for developments in this breaking story.

The announcement comes a day after Fox anchor Chris Wallace apologized to her for asking Bachmann whether she is a "flake" on Fox News Sunday.

Who is Michele Bachmann?

Wallace wrote on his website: "A lot of you were more than perturbed, you were upset and felt that I had been rude to her. And since in the end it's really all about the answers and not about the questions, I messed up, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any disrespect."

When asked on ABC about the newsman's apology, Bachmann said it is "insulting to insinuate that a candidate for president is less than serious."

Post by: ,
Filed under: Politics
  1. frito

boooooooooo. boooooooo.

June 27, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. pedro

we like herman cain. michelle bachman will not beat obamo.

June 27, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  3. Drew

I like how it's 'a city where she was born'. Hooray, confidence!

June 27, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. Nick

What a joke.

June 27, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  5. p2

II think it was a fair question. After all, in NH, she said that she was happy to be in the state where the battles of Lexington and Concord took place. You have to be a bit of a flake to say something like that.

June 27, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. U-Turn

She belongs in the kitchen, not politics!

June 27, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

One thing is for sure, this broad can't possibly do any worse as President than Barack Obama is doing right now. What we need is somebody to stand up to the MIC(military-industrial-complex) and just say no, enough is enough! That won't happen, sadly enough!!!

June 27, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Joey I believe she could do more damage. I have seen several of her interviews, one right before her announcement for the Presidency. She does not answer any questions, she hasn't a clue, Bob S. asked her questions and many were left unanswered and he would say you did not answer the question and she would just stare at him. At one point she said if I don't answer it I will try again and still could not grasp what he was asking. She is wrong on many issues concerning America. She should be voted out of office this next term and get a serious person into office that will not damage our nation.

June 27, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. gung hoe

Hey u turn obama certainly doesnt belong anywheres in a place of prominence except maybe in the black panthers here kitty kitty

June 27, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  9. gung hoe

Has anybody besides me noticed sarah palin has dropped off the map i think its becauase she dont want to steal the thunder from who shes going to be running with go bachman palin in 2012

June 27, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  10. RuffNutt

Good post Joey Isotta-Fraschina,thank you.

June 27, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat2u

I want to see a one on one debate between Palin and Bachman. Man, talk about a cat fight. Claws would be out for maximum blood letting..

June 27, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

WHOA! Ha ha!
    I did not post that MIC bit at 11:07!
    Funny, troll!

June 27, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I do not support Michele Bachmann.
    I'm the real JIF, and I approve this message.

June 27, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • scottish Mama

I thought you had lost your mind there for a second.

June 28, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  14. chui

The nit wit two bit hypocrite Sunday Christian evangelical opportunist is more then a fake, she along with that other mata hari Palin is a flak. The ding bat kind. Just that she was able to manipulate a few MN Yahoo's from her all white, conservative republican like minded enclave to elect her to the US Congress full of self interest, self righteous, second best to child molester SOBs , it does not mean that the rest of this nation is going fall for her hog wash idiocy and lunacy. There is a reason why over 85% of the people in this nation has no confidence in the US Congress. Bachmann as a member of the house has done absolute;y nothing other then mooch around for her reelection and self importance.

June 27, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy

@chui:
    Tell us how you REALLY feel....

June 27, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |