Bachmann announces White House 2012 bid
Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann announced her White House bid in Iowa Monday.
June 27th, 2011

Bachmann announces White House 2012 bid

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann formally announced her candidacy for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination Monday during an appearance in Waterloo, Iowa, a city where she was born. Stay tuned for developments in this breaking story.

The announcement comes a day after Fox anchor Chris Wallace apologized to her for asking Bachmann whether she is a "flake" on Fox News Sunday.

Who is Michele Bachmann?

Wallace wrote on his website: "A lot of you were more than perturbed, you were upset and felt that I had been rude to her. And since in the end it's really all about the answers and not about the questions, I messed up, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any disrespect."

When asked on ABC about the newsman's apology, Bachmann said it is "insulting to insinuate that a candidate for president is less than serious."

Post by: ,
Filed under: Politics
  1. echo

*facepalm*

June 27, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Vodka, huh?

June 27, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. RagingSemi

This is why intelligent people need to do the world a favor and start having more children. This country has reverse natural selection going on and it needs to be stopped before its nothing but bottom feeders.

June 27, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@ragingsemi: i've done my part. I think along your lines in that regard. Good parents must have kids if we are to survive. 'cuz the bad ones ain't stoppin

June 27, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Tell me: with which of the Williams sisters would Michele Bachmann prefer to play singles tennis next weekend?

June 27, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ RagingSemi:
    Intelligent people have fewer children because they expect to feed and educate them.

June 27, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. RagingSemi

@Joey: No kidding. But it doesnt change the fact that intelligence is being out bred by stupidity. And that people are actually paying and voting for it to be that way. It angers me. So my plea for more children from intelligent people still stands. Its amazing what you can do on a good budget, please have more children, educate them, and try to pass on some dmn common sense and a good work ethic to as many offspring as possible.

June 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. RagingSemi

Now, you may ask, "What makes you think you and your children are smart, half the crap you post is extremely stupid?". My answer? I have a literate two year old and a phrase speaking, question answering 11 month old so far, so I must be doing something right.

June 27, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

That means nothing lol. Geniuses (geniusi?) can be evil, too. My daughter's very intelligent. Since she's graduating next year, my knew goal will be to keep her off the pole and my new hope is that she doesn't start eating people..

June 27, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

DOH! new..

June 27, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. RagingSemi

And they sure as hll arent going to be taught that things like cuts in education and public health funding are ok.

June 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

I didn't think the words 'cut' and 'education' even went together in a sentence..

June 27, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jj

you people are too funny. obomba has bombed as a president and elmer fudd could probably beat him in 2012. dont let another pretty girl scare you again! LMAO!

June 27, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@jj: are you comparing obama to bush or who? And elmer fudd probably could beat him.. Too bad the republicans can't get *him*. Wonder if libertarians could..

June 27, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RagingSemi

@lee: Youre right about the evil thing. Good point. And good luck. My youngest is already too calm and calculating for me.

June 27, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. leeintulsa

It's scary sometimes ;). Enjoy the ride

June 27, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. fernace

@ Raging Semi, you are sooo right& congrats on your little Einsteins. As a nanny I see it like this, kids are born geniuses, but their unintelligent parents dumb them down, & don't expect an appolgy for that statement! Michelle Bachman stated a few weeks ago that she wanted intelligent design taught in public school, to give students both sides of the "scientific theories"! Either she doesn't realize I.D. is not a scientific theory, or hopes voters dont. I think that says it all!!

June 27, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. RagingSemi

@fernace: Thanks! The voters shes fishing for either dont, or agree. Both scare me.

June 27, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jj

not compairing. looking at the obvious the guy has done nothing. ok he got asama. impressive resume....'

June 27, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. pmk1953

With all the stupid things she says, I think that the only thing her head is good for is to keep her ears separated.

June 28, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |