International Criminal Court issues Gadhafi arrest warrant
The International Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for Libyan leader Moammer Gadhafi.
June 27th, 2011

International Criminal Court issues Gadhafi arrest warrant

The International Criminal Court has issued arrest warrants for Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi and two of his relatives.

ICC Judge Sanji Mmasenono Monageng read the decision Monday to issue warrants for Gadhafi, his son Saif al-Islam and brother-in-law Abdullah al-Sanussi. Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo has said he has evidence linking the three men to crimes against humanity in their attempt to put down a months-long revolt. Libya does not recognize the court's authority.

Stay with CNN.com's This Just In for developments in this story today. Read the latest from the country in turmoil.

Post by:
Filed under: Libya
  1. banasy

Good post RuffNutt,thank you.

June 27, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bill

That would still be a violation of our Const-itu-tion Joey.

June 27, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bill

You people are retarded, yes we went into Iraq for the wrong reason, but that doesn't make it the wrong thing to do. Saddam butchered a thousand fold more people than Ghaddafi ever did the world community had an obligation to do something about it, it's just too bad only a few Countries did. Shame on the rest of the world community for not stepping in and helping to free Iraq from genocide.

June 27, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bill

I take that back, that's an insult to people who, by no fault of their own, are born retarded. You all have no such excuse.

June 27, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Cricket:
    Thanks, and check out your itty-bitty keyboard.

June 27, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ bill:
    I answered you twice, but neither offering made the cut.
    I only said that it could be done.

June 27, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bill

@winemaster2: allow me to straighten out a few of your facts. When Bush took office in 2001 the debt was 5.7 trillion when he left office the debt was at 9.98 trillion. Under Obama's first two years the debt has risen to 13.7 trillion, nearly a 4 trillion dollar rise in 2 years. This doesn't shine a very good light on either one. I won't get in an argument with you about who's to blame because both major parties are at fault. The Republicans won't consider small tax increases and budget cuts to the military and the Democrats won't consider cuts to social programs and pork barrel projects so it's a wash on who's to blame.

June 27, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bill

Could be done, yes. But any President giving the order to so blatantly violate the Const-itu-tion(ridiculous that word is censored) would face Impeachment. Killing Ghaddafi in a missile attack as Reagan tried to do is somewhat different because the claim can be made that he just happened to be in the wrong place. Another way to take care of it would be to do what we did in Italy and just look the other way and let the natives do it after Ghaddafi is out of power, essentially the same thing we did in Iraq.

June 27, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy

Good grief Joey-Isotta Fraschini! You said it all. Those unGodly drones are killing machines and the right-wing thugs in Washington plan no end in sight. Those thugs have to go. It's as simple as that!

June 27, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RuffNutt

Good post banasy,thank you.

June 27, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ TROLL:
    "You lie."
    In my name.
    I love the drones.
    I "love the bomb," as Dr. Strangelove taught me.
    I support Obama for 2012.
    I send him tacos and guacamole every day.

June 27, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  12. kevin

I love the "Bomb" too, let's use it and send all those two bit backwards countries back to the stone age. Yeah that's the ticket.

June 27, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy

@Troll:
    “You lie.”
    In my name.
    I love the drones.
    I “love the bomb,” as Dr. Strangelove taught me.
    I support Obama for 2012.
    I send him pierogi and Chicken Paprikash every day.

***A cut-and-paste nod to JIF***

June 27, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cricket

@JIF:

My fingers grew overnight.

June 27, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy

Good grief, Trolls! You have no place here on these blogs. You thugs must go. It's as simple as that!

June 27, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |