Tuesday's live video events
Sarah Palin is spending her Tuesday in Iowa
June 28th, 2011

Tuesday's live video events

The Casey Anthony trial continues in Florida, while the debate over Libya heats up on Capitol Hill.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of these developing stories.

Today's programming highlights...

8:30 am ET - Casey Anthony trial - Testimony resumes in the trial of the Florida woman accused of killing her young daughter.

10:00 am ET - DREAM Act hearing - A Senate judiciary subcommittee holds a hearing on the DREAM Act, which would give students in the U.S. illegally a chance to remain in the country.

10:00 am ET - Libya war powers hearing - The Senate Foreign Relations Committee holds a hearing on the controversy regarding U.S. involvement in the Libyan conflict.

2:05 pm ET - Obama pitches manufacturing sector - President Obama visits Bettendorf, Iowa, to discuss the role of the manufacturing sector in the U.S. economy.

8:30 pm ET - Sarah Palin in Iowa - Following the premiere of a movie about her political career, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin will address supporters and reporters in Pella, Iowa.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Casey Anthony • Crime • Immigration • Libya
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I hope that Obama will tell the folks of Bettendorf, Iowa, the truth about the role of unions in sending USA jobs to other countries.

June 28, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jazzzzzzzz

I know what you mean Joey.

June 28, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. zigzag

We need to build up our country. One thing that would help would be to keep jobs here in the USA. And any business sending jobs overseas should pay a hefty "export" of employment tax to make it cheaper for companies to keep employment here.

June 28, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

A manufacturer cannot make a profit if he is forced to pay his employees more than their work is worth.
    If one likes caviar, his aspiration for employment must be higher than tightening a bolt on an assembly line.

June 28, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. zigzag

You sound like a union rep. Joey.

June 28, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

The median salary of a GM car assembly worker is $80,000 plus benefits. I don't dispute that such employees work hard and need a fair compensation,but as I said earlier, a manufacturer cannot make a decent profit with high wages. One final point,yes the CEO's are over paid by millions per year. Another strike against having plants here in the states.

June 28, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  7. V for... Whatever..

June 28, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. V for... Whatever..

@Joey: You're facts are a bit off. My father was a senior designer at Chrysler and he was making $75k a year which was capped, so I highly doubt whichever source said someone on the line had a median salary of $80k before benefits. Unions have gone from about 40% of private sector jobs in 1950 to about 9% today. The head of the UAW makes $150k annually versus some CEO's that make ungodly figures with ungodly golden parachutes in case they drive the company and it's workers into the ground. Carhart which makes construction clothing used to be made here in the US, but now the headquarters are still in Dearborn, MI, while the clothing is made in Mexico. I seriously doubt anyone sewing clothes together was making $80k a year plus benefits, but I believe $30k a year. I can move a company to China, India, or Mexico and save on taxes, labor, financial regulations, and sell my product for the same price and my CEO compensation goes up along with the stock prices. For how brilliant you are you sure say some dumb stuff. If a greedy person can walk all over everyone while collecting tons of money doing it then they will do whatever the laws allow them to do. Have clothing or goods begun to cost less since we started making everything overseas? No, so your broken, flawed, Fox News regurgitated talking points defy common sense.

June 28, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  9. Linda Meyers

I think that Casey Anthony used cloroform as a babysitter when she wanted to go out. Then she made a mistake & gave her to much so that she died. She then made it look as though she was with the Nanny until she could figure out what to do. That's when she concocted the story of Caylee being kidnapped. The she went out & had her body buried. Making it look as though the kidnappers did it, & she would be home free to party & have a good time.

June 28, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bill589

Linda Meyers, I think you are right.
    --------
    Union guys, I’ve been in a union for over a decade now, and while we do get paid well, and especially lately I have learned to appreciate my good medical benefits, I don’t like the union bosses. IMHO, the union bosses are more corrupt than anybody else.
    --------
    Somebody commented about an “Ali – Frazier” boxing bout that I must be a little bit too young to remember. But they said the next bout to approach the enthusiasm of that one will be the debates between Sarah Palin and Barrack Obama. I never thought politics could get that exciting.

June 29, 2011 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
  11. Millie Rosencrans

What a shock. the evidence was overwhelming. Was the jury asleep when the prosecution presented its case? I guess they just had to be there when Casey did the dirty deed. But wait I guess they would have still found her not guilty on all counts.

July 6, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |