Nike re-signs Michael Vick
Star quarterback Michael Vick lost his endorsement deals when he was sent to federal prison.
July 1st, 2011

Nike re-signs Michael Vick

Michael Vick, the star National Football League quarterback whose career was interrupted by a dogfighting conviction, has reached an endorsement agreement with athletic equipment maker Nike.

"We have re-signed Michael Vick as a Nike athlete," Megan Saalfeld, a Nike spokeswoman, said in an e-mail to CNN.

See rare photos of Michael Vick

Vick, currently on the roster of the Philadelphia Eagles, served 20 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to bankrolling a dogfighting operation. He has since emerged as a spokesman against dogfighting.

"Michael acknowledges his past mistakes," Saalfeld said. "We do not condone those actions, but we support the positive changes he has made to better himself off the field. "

Post by:
Filed under: Michael Vick • Pro football • Sports
  1. Inspector Vaqas

Were going down in history.

July 1, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. troll baba loo

Too bad they didn't get him too!

July 1, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Go Vick

That is great...Glad to see Vick back on top......................Some of you haters need to get over it...Acting like he killed your dog, your mom or something....

July 1, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. troll baba loo

Ok that last comment was just to get your goat, fact is though that any FBI agent whose studied serial killers will tell you I am indeed correct.

July 1, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Vick is Back

For those that are on here talking about you dont care or how much you hate Vick.....If that is the case, why you are you on here wasting your time complaining and posting?...clowns...LOL

July 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bob Barker

C'mon guys, he was just doing his part in controlling the animal population!

July 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Glenn

Brian Jones is gay

July 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ed Sr

Hopefully 5 tsunamis will hit the orient all at the same time and allow all dogs to swim to safety while all the dog eaters drown and that Michael Vick is visiting the China coast at that time!

July 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lenore

@arewethereyet...I am a pitbull owner, so make no mistake I have ZERO sympathy for Vick and think he should not have been able to play again for the NFL, but you should research your facts a bit more, when he was convicted part of his sentence was to set up funding to help with the costs of housing and rehabiliting the dogs that were taken from his property. Again, make no mistake I do not believe he has changed all that much.

July 1, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. rod

hahahahaha.......get that money vick. everyone else get a life

July 1, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Pastor Evans

I don't like what Michael Vick did either, but he went to jail and served his time, what more do you want? It seems as if some of you want this man dead over some dogs? We can clearly see how much evil and hatred is the heart of so many Americans!!!

July 1, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lanfear

LOL @ the guy who said "Karma will catch up with him"

Looks like Karma already caught up with him. He got caught, humiliated, lost a crap load of fans and respect. But look, he got his career back and now has endorsement from Nike. People are forgiving him. Yeah, Karma will catch up with him alright.

Maybe you're just stuck in the past?

July 1, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vicks Cool, Love NIkes

Exactly! Karma did catch up to him. I guess these holy people wanted him to be hung, castrated, and killed in public..................Then they call themselves god fearing Christians.

July 1, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. AS n AK

Very sorry to hear this. I've always been a huge Nike fan, but I will NEVER again buy their products. There are second chances then there are just BAD business decisions. As far as I'm concerned Nike no longer exist nor needs my money. This is a true shame, as they were my favorite sports apparel company. This is one energetic middle aged white woman (description given so any Nike associate will know exactly which demographic I'm in) who will spend her hard earned money on other labels and encourage as many as she can to do the same. The thought that this is someone Nike wants to glorify as a role model is both nauseating and down right ridiculous...again a true shame.

July 1, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. DCR

HEY, I ran over a cat a few months ago going down the road. It ran out in front of my truck, it died instantly. I AM A ANIMAL KILLER. Should I lose my job, go to jail, be hated for life? I know your going to say its different because it was a accident and he was getting enjoyment out of it or whatever. So what about the meats you buy at the grocery stores. Those animals are abused and you seem to still eat that stuff. I am not saying they are all abused because they ARENT but alot of them are and living conditions arent good for them. I dont care they are super tasty and I love it. When they are sent to the butcher they pack them so tight on trucks that they usually put a few extras because they lose some on the way since that are so tight. Is this cruelty? Do you still eat them? I believe so, so thanks alot Jack A#$s. Im glad you all are hypocrits and support animal cruelty. You should lose your jobs, lose your life. O and wait yall havent served a "RIDICULOUS SENTENCE" in jail for supporting them yet. I think thats all of my rant, I know some useless idiot that sits all there butt all day and replys to everyone about how the world is ending and america isnt america will reply to this but its pointless I probally wont read it again but just remember. PETA WAS CAUGHT KILLING DOGS AND DUMPING THEM IN DUMPSTERS LETS NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THEM THOUGH because this is about a fmaous athlete with all the rich and fame that you want! Lets not mention either that he is traveling the country doing camps for little kids, talking to them about his mistakes trying to prevent others from doing the same, donated to several amazing charities including abused dog shelters, but who cares he isnt doing any good hes still useless. GO MIKE VICK, congrads man, keep it up and hope he gets SEVERAL more sponsors and becomes the highest paid NFL player ever. and GOOD LUCK to Nike because without all you idiots that are going to prove a point to them by not supporting them might make them go out of business. NOT again. HAH LOSERS

July 1, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buddha

U MAD BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

July 1, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • DCR

No not really mad just tired of every news site you go to, seeing idiots post stuff that they think will make a difference when it wont. They complain about how america and going down because of the people when its really people like them causing all the problems LOL, Owell though life is good. O yea and before someone says about how mean pitbulls are I guess I should post I have a pitbulll, she is the best dog I have ever had and yes she plays with all the neighborhood kids and loves them all, BEST, NICEST dog ever. just thought I would throw that out there since anytime dog fighting is brought up pit bulls end up getting bashed. LOL have a good 4th man, be safe DONT GET BEAT OR ABUSED lol

July 1, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Buddha

Only on planet earth do criminals make out better than the average hard working man. Stupid humans, y u no intelligent?

July 1, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |