Cop tracks down presidential limo's seal
Magnetism is the only thing that keeps the presidential seal on the president's limousine.
July 2nd, 2011

Cop tracks down presidential limo's seal

The round, gold-trimmed presidential seal is an impressive symbol affixed to the door of the limousine known as "The Beast."

It appears to be a permanent part of the limo. But in reality, it's a magnetic seal that comes on and off, vulnerable to wind and elements just like anything we'd put on our own cars.

And Thursday night, the seal came off during President Obama's motorcade to the airport after his fundraising visit to Philadelphia, ending up alongside Interstate 76.

Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan said agents and Philadelphia police returned to the area off the freeway that night and looked for it, but were unable to find it in the dark.

But the next day, a Philadelphia police officer found it on the side of the road. The Philadelphia Daily News reports the officer had been part of the motorcade the night before and was helping a disabled car when he spotted it.

It was brought to the Secret Service field office and is being returned to Washington.

"It happens periodically," Donovan said. "They're only magnetic. They're not put on any special way."

Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama • Pennsylvania • Politics
  1. STEWART RAYMOND WEAVER "HIGH ELF COMMANDER"

my friend seen that the left hand turn signal was out on the limo.. a signal that means obama has become a right wing thug... cause he can only turn right..

July 2, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Ahkmed the Terror Guy

@banasy. "JIHAD" grrrrrrrrrr. Every once in a while for me to be take off illegal immigrant disguise and dawn regular garb. Librarian's are wayyy more afraidings of Ahkmed than be for Ahkmuerte'. I go into library one time and act sceary like that. Libary lady eyes get big and she turning of the white and not know what to do look on face. Then her eye's light up she get idea. Then she yell "Fire". Everyoine began running to Ahkmed then can see I am Terrorist and run other way but lady yelling Fire and scare them back to Ahkmed. Back and forth and back and forth. Ahkmed have bad bad nausea. Maybe go to home eating the cottage cheese.

July 2, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Marion the Librarian

@Ahkmed:
    Hello.
    What is sceary?
    Is that Fudd-speak?
    And why is your accent so *bad*?

Come in anytime, I'm not afraid...
    We can call nine-one-one if there is and emergency.
    I also know how to use and *throw* a fire*extinguisher.
    I won't make you run back and forth, either; cottage-cheese barf is *nasty*!

I need to get my car windows tinted; I hope my GTG is available.

Happy 4th.
    Don't let our American fireworks take you back in time....

July 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ajd041

Amazing props to the cop and that limo costs more than a bugatti 16.4 and they can't paint a seal on the side of it? And how is this news it said it happened many times before I've never heard of it

July 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ahkmed the Terror Guy

Ahkmed has been banasyished from to be discussing of cause such as 'you aren't afraid after all'. Want to come over and play lawn darts?

July 2, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Marion the Librarian

"Not if I'm the target." Marion said dryly.

July 2, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

10 Things You Didn't Know About J.I.F:
    1. No matter how much I shower I constantly smell like peanut butter.
    2. I like to be called "Captain Slappy" in bed.
    3. I have sh !t my pants in public three times in my adult life.
    4. I lost most of my genitals to a lobster while scuba diving. Hedwig isn't the only one with an "angry inch".
    5. After watching "Water World" I tried to distill my urine with a coffee maker. It still tasted like pee.
    6. I cry myself to sleep every night.
    7. About once a year I start lactating for reasons unknown. I can produce about a quart.
    8. I have a toenail collection. They aren't my toenails.
    9. I have a butterfly tattoo on my lower back.
    10. I own three different busts of myself that I like to "make pretty" with wigs and make up.

July 2, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy

@JIF Lite:

Hilarious!!

It's always lovely to find out what trolls do in their down time.

July 2, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ahkmed

Ahkmed was to be have fetch them for me. We are not to be allowing women to drive, and you to think is ok woman throw lawn dart?

July 2, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Marion

Sure.
    We have great aim.

July 2, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Ahkmed

If aim so good why you squat?

July 2, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Marion

So as not to pee on the wall.

July 2, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ahkmed

Big deal. We can do that by accident, and often do. You see, we are fordidden from using the hand that holds and wipes for the rest of the day. (muddy butt touch-up even counts) What man like Ahkmed do is just let dangle/no hands so ez to miss if still swinging.

July 2, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. real fernace

Akhmed & JIFfy-troll, y'all gotta quit, you are having me to pee inside pant! Enjoying Marion the Librarian, too! This story turned out pretty entertaining after all, thanks to all you crazy, funnee posters! thanks for the LOL!!

July 2, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Trollie McTrollenstein

Ahkmed, I cant believe you wouldnt pee on your own balls if tried to whiz standing up.

July 2, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |