Gotta Watch: Judging Casey Anthony case
Casey Anthony is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony, in the summer of 2008.
July 4th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Judging Casey Anthony case

It's the capital murder case that's held our attention this summer. But has the prosecution proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey Anthony intentionally murdered her daughter? The jury is beginning their deliberations today, and now it's your chance to weigh in. You've gotta watch the most pivotal moments from the defense and prosecution and judge for yourself whether Casey Anthony is guilty or innocent.

Prosecuting Casey Anthony – The state of Florida contends Casey Anthony cared more about partying and having a fun life than being a mother. It's her motive for murder, according to prosecutors. They paint her as a liar trying to live the good life at the expense of her daughter.
[cnn-video url=" http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2011/07/02/natpkg.anthony.prosecution.wrap.cnn "]

Defending Casey Anthony – The defense brought molestation allegations against Casey Anthony's father and brother during the trial. It pointed to George Anthony as the real culprit behind the toddler's death and cover-up. Most importantly, Casey Anthony's defense team relied upon the fact that Caylee Anthony's cause of death is undetermined. It believes that's the real reason there's not enough evidence to convict the Florida mother of murder.
[cnn-video url=" http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2011/07/02/nat.anthony.defense.wrap.cnn"%5D

Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony • Courts • Crime • Death Penalty • Florida • Gotta Watch • Justice
soundoff (2,539 Responses)
  1. The Dude

She should get life for being a liar.

July 4, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • RT

i like where youre going with this

July 4, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jennifer

i thank the daddy did it all a long tim he know a about it

July 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Michael

I feel bad for her parents because I believe deep down they know she is guilty of the crime of murdering her own daughter.
    They just don't want to lose another child I bet they blame themselves for letting this occur however it is not their fault and they truth is that Casey made a violent choice to end her daughter's life. Yes She Is Guilty

July 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Name*pinkey

She will needed protection in jail,

July 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Carla

I think she's guilty of killin that baby. She's psychotic! She's emotionless and what has been displayed is clearly fake, her dad showed real emotion. Regardless if she actually did it on purpose or not, I think it would've happened eventually with her. She killed that little girl and covered it up. Point blank. Its obvious...I have two daughters and if either of my little ones just falls and bumps a knee I'm running to their every need. So it ridiculous that she could go clubbing and whatever while her daughter is missing...I mean accidentally drowned...I mean, whatever other execuses she came up with during that time. My girls can be at grandma's staying the night and I'm texting over their and calling to see what they are doing! Any real mom couldn't have moved on with life like that and I have been a mother since I was 22years old. So knowing that my four year old and seven month old was either dead or missing would have me torn slam up. I personally would feel as if life were just over...without them, what's left? Unless you are a mother who simply doesn't care and think too highly of yourself. Regardless of how it turns out, she knows what she did and she'll have to face God one day!

I think it will be amazing if she's found not guilty! Too much points to her and she made herself look like fool with all her lies. And in regards to her having a better plan formed, I doubt it. She couldn't even keep a lie straight, she doesn't appear to be intelligent enough to conjure a plan. I think she was frustrated one day because parents know that terrible twos can begin before two years of age and last through the third year, and she killed her. Then she covered it up and finally felt free. God bless the rest of that baby's family, I couldn't imagine going through such an event and turmoil!

July 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • RT

i hope you feel better about yourself after that. that was the point, no? and i understand the irony that this post gives me a bit of pleasure too, but at least im aware of it

July 4, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carla

In regards to RT, I could careless how you feel! Everyone up here is giving their opinions and that's mine...like it or love it...its real! I felt like posting and did so. Apparently what I said was well enough it caught your attention, so I must've done something right...My point is simply that her age has nothing to deal with whether or not she could've been a good mother. It's the fact that she chose this path and I think she's is guilty in the events that took place in her daughter's murder and she should face the consequences to such actions. Feeling good about myself and making myself feel better isn't relied upon making post on the internet...I have so much better in my life that makes me feel good, like the fact that I do try to be the best mother I can be for my girls, I work hard, and I attend school, so reaching my goals makes me feel good as well! This is just simply a moment I took to see if the jury had made a decision and I came across this little "blog" of individuals posting their opinions and felt inspired to do so myself...So please feel free to post additional, irrelevant messages to me...Have a BLESSED DAY!

July 4, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. AntiObama

Guilty..That was easy.

July 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Vicki

a death sentence would be too kind–she needs to die the way she killed that poor unfortunate child. The only thing Caylee did wrong, was to be born to such an animal like Casey. She's not a mother, she's a monster. I hope and pray justice prevails.

July 4, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Indy

GUILTY! She wanted to party. She drugged her daughter and put duct tape to quiet her while she partied. After partying Casey fopind her daughter dead and started lying to cover up her Actions. Sad, immature and stupid she must pay the price.

July 4, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. josh

she did it we all know she did they should do the same to her that she did to there poor lil girl

July 4, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Vicki

GOD ONLY KNOWS AND HE WON'T TELL!!

July 4, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniela

God and poor little Kaylee..

July 4, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Daniel

While the defense has not provided a decent picture to the Anthony trial, the prosecution has not proved anything with this case. I would love to say that she is guilty and deserves everything that she has coming to her for what happened to her daughter... But I can't because there is absolutely no evidence proving that she is guilty...

July 4, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cilla

I hope you never get called for jury duty.

July 4, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • B.T.

What more do you need? A video of the crime?

July 4, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Terrie

There is no proof-She should be found not guilty!

July 4, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samuraishonan(at)blogspot.com

I have watched it 100% over the past two days. The girl is guilty in my opinion.

July 4, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • VAFred

So her child found dead with duct tape over her mouth is not proof? A mother whose child is missing but not reported missing by the mother is not proof? A woman changing her version of a story numerous times is not proof? Your comment is SO ridiculous it is not funny. She IS guilty!

July 4, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • VAFred

The only thing they didn't prove is HOW she killed her! Only Casey AND Caylee!

July 4, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • VAFred

The only thing they didn't prove is HOW she killed her! Only Casey AND Caylee know that!

July 4, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Suzen

Do I think she is guilty...yes but I have questions,

Was she ever reported for Child abuse if they grandparents loved her so much why did they not take this child away from her. Obviously Casey led this kind of life since she was old enough to drive

Cause of death will tell you a whole lot just like witnessess but their is neither.

Why did the dad try to kill himself unless he was afraid that something would come out.

If she was partying all along where was the child?

If she was a terrible mother why did no one report it.?

Why did everyone wait 31 days before reporting it?

July 4, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • kyle

Dd you even watch the trial at all?

July 4, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • ellaba

If you ever had a child that died you would not inquire why George why he considered suicide. I know and hope you never do

July 4, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. andrew

Gotta treat it like the oj case, not enough evidence

July 4, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barbara Chaddick

From all the evidence I've heard, she's guilty as sin! I just don't know why people keep letting these child murderers go! It makes me sick to think about the poor little children who totally trust their moms to go through the terror of being murdered in cold blood by the one person they love most! Please put all these child murderers in prison in solitary confinement, with no TV or perks and without the possibility of parole for the rest of their evil lives!!

July 4, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Alex

If she was black this wouldn't be headline news. Just gonna leave it at that.

July 4, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94