Casey Anthony subpoenaed in nanny's defamation suit
July 6th, 2011

Casey Anthony subpoenaed in nanny's defamation suit

Casey Anthony was served papers in jail Tuesday night for her deposition in a defamation lawsuit filed by Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, an assistant to Gonzalez's attorney John Morgan said Wednesday.

When her daughter Caylee was missing, Casey Anthony said the 2-year-old was with a nanny by that name. Eventually confronted by her family, Casey Anthony maintained that Gonzalez had kidnapped Caylee.

Authorities never found the nanny. They found a woman named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, who denied ever meeting the Anthonys and later filed the defamation lawsuit.

Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony
  1. DARLENE M. HILL

THIS IS SO SAD!

******DARLENE M. HILL RELEASES BOKS ABOUT FEDERAL PRISON CAMPS: “WHITE COLLAR CAMPERS & MODERN DAY BANK ROBBERS” AVAILABLE AT AMAZON.COM)**********

July 6, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cat

Guilty. She will never live the good life because this will haunt her all the days of her life. If you so strongly believe how fantastic Casey is; let her have your baby, or baby sit your children. She is not wanted in Florida.

July 6, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ajd041

My cousin posted something like this on facebook: To all murderers and psychopaths if your going to commit murder just tell a bunch of lies to everybody so they can't convict you. I thot tht was really funny

July 6, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ella Marie Garduno Poucher

How do you know that Casey was talking about you? You sure do not fit the description Casey gave Of the nanny she talked about.Don`t you think the person Casey talked about could have been a figment of her mind? I agree you have an unusual name but where did Casey get the name from? Ella Marie

July 6, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angel B.

Well, actually Casey got the name out of a log. This made up "nanny"...does exist, but not in the way Casey describes. She remembers seeing this woman's name in a log book of potential renters for an apartment. Casey went to put her own name on the list, and I guess the unusual name stuck with her, and she used it as part of her scheme.

July 6, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steph

They say that she was addicted to zanax (xanax) and that's where the name Zanny the nanny came from.

July 7, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jon

John Morgan? orlando ambulance chaser with his "for the people" ads.. what a farce! this whole casey anthony trial has been about money for the media and the lawyers...

July 6, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Linda Berke

I know! C.A. can do mud wrestling like Tanya Harding! Truck pulls? I'm wondering when she'll collect funds to open the 800 line to find the REAL killer.

The nursing student said it all. It's not that she's not guilty, we just didn't want to be responsible for the penalty. The jury wanted to go home and write their books just as I posted yesterday.

Cheney is dumb like a fox. Ramble on Jose, you win either way. You will either get an appeal due to ineffectiveness of counsel OR the jury will be so overwhelmed, tired, and disgusted that they will acquit rather than risk being stuck for a penalty phase.

A small mention of the Menendez defense of molestation. I saw that one coming. AND Scott Peterson was convicted with FAR less evidence. As you can tell, I'm from California. I am loving that Casey might live in TX, that dog don't hunt there. Remember when Scott P went to live with his long lost sister? She figured out he was lying and wrote a book about it.

Nobody should worry. Like with OJ, he is a pariah and so is his jury.

Thanks, Linda from Santa Cruz

July 6, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. joann

I,say only God knows,for sure who really killed Caylee.No,I'm not saying her mother Casey is innocent by No means. JoAnn Bartholomew

July 6, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Wanda

When a tragedy happens like what happened to Caylee, I have to sit down and have a heart to heart with the Lord. The only way I can get through the injustice is to believe Caylee's life ended prematurely because maybe later in life she would have had a terrible life and met with a more horrifying death. RIP sweet angel. You are with the angels now. You will not be forgotten. WD-V

July 6, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • eeniemeanie

"Vengeance is mine saith the Lord". She can avoid that by repenting and becoming born again, though.

July 7, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  9. carmen

Well i think if my child was missing for 31 days would i be shopping he__ no i would be looking for my baby from minute one futher more my child would not be missing. killing your own child or killing anyone thats crazy the only judge she gotta worry about is god .the defense what ever.the proscacuter bad job .she get to go home and the baby is gone give her one f____ing week and she will be just as before no tears .guys dont have kids with woman cause she dont want kids.for the rest of the world keep your babies close do a back ground check on your babysitters please

July 6, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. C0LD S0UL

I don't get why people still want this girl's head? She was tried and aquitted. This has all just been a witch hunt. I didn't even think they had enough for an arrest much less a conviction.

July 7, 2011 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
    • vicki

July 7, 2011 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
    • SL

Wow, you are a cold soul to think that way.

July 7, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
    • NoMoneyForCasey

Good, now she has you to add to the 15 other people across the land who will spend one dime for her stinking book that is inevitable.

July 7, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. hay

this is soo wrong, justice was not served. i hope some looney does vigilante justice on her as@!

July 7, 2011 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
    • SL

Yup, now your talking! Karma time!

July 7, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Gasten

Just hope he/she gets away with it , though. Would hate to see that person sit in prison for the crime Casey should have paid for.

July 11, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. SL

GOOD!!!! She has to pay some way!!! Take her to the cleaners!

July 7, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  13. mother

When one defends that is ok for a mother not to know where her baby is, clearly they have a lot in common.
    Zenaida was named with ALL her names by Cindy, Casey, if there is a civil trial, the lawyers can ask where and how she lost her daughter.
    I hope than anybody that had her/his name used by Casey to lie, sues her.
    Lets not forget that WE paid for Baez.and all the lawyers, I want my money back, to be used for really indigents people.

July 7, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  14. PJ

I understand there is a real Zenaida and she has almost lost everything she has – her job, her savings, her home – because Casey who has lied all her life and got away with it chose her name. GO ZENAIDA GO – sue her to the fullest extent. Hope she has to work the rest of her life (or go back to jail) to pay Zenaida back. She didn't make up the name she pulled it from a prospective rent list so she knew it was a real person she was "playing games" with. Get her and get her good.

July 7, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  15. OVERRULED

SAD IF this girl was black most people could have cared less she would have tried and sentenced to death 3 years ago once again being white pretty and young saves the day-

July 7, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |