Casey Anthony subpoenaed in nanny's defamation suit
July 6th, 2011

Casey Anthony subpoenaed in nanny's defamation suit

Casey Anthony was served papers in jail Tuesday night for her deposition in a defamation lawsuit filed by Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, an assistant to Gonzalez's attorney John Morgan said Wednesday.

When her daughter Caylee was missing, Casey Anthony said the 2-year-old was with a nanny by that name. Eventually confronted by her family, Casey Anthony maintained that Gonzalez had kidnapped Caylee.

Authorities never found the nanny. They found a woman named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, who denied ever meeting the Anthonys and later filed the defamation lawsuit.

Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony
  1. OVERRULED

DECENT people wont spend a dime on her book or support her movie KEYWORD decent and to all the pinellas county cowards there an autographed copy waiting for you

July 7, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. Patricia D

Just like OJ, if she is a bad seed she will trip herself up later down the road. No one has to do anything. Casey will make a bad bed and sleep in it all over again. Yes, indeed. Look where OJ is now.

July 7, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ToeKnee D

I would like to see a civil trial in which Lee Anthony sues his sister in civil court for killing his neice. George may be a part of the suit but Cindy just wants her friend Casey back so they can "hang out."
    Much like the Goldman family did with OJ. Only takes a preponderance of the evidence, not beyond reasonable doubt. Then any money she makes, Lee and George can take from her. That would make this all a little easier to swallow.

July 7, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cheryl Hrapowickic

i hope someone, anyone, will file a wrongful death lawsuit. i wonder if a group of citizens could do it???

July 7, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • HotinSun

I would like to see a Justice System where everyone is afforded the same level of defense. Lets start with equal Justice for all and then work on the Quality of the Justice system.

July 8, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
    • jasper

why dont you just move on with your life loser

July 8, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • cynthia wheeler

What about the woman that said her son may be Caylee"s father and he died ? If the woman is proven to be the grandmother she could file a wrongfull death case against Casey for the death of her granmother

July 8, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • cynthia wheeler

00ps sorry supose to say Granddaughter I have been praying that she is

July 8, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • TRUTHbeTOLD

Caylee needs justice. Whether it happens here or in after she passes away, caylee will get justice. God never sleeps.

July 13, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. CandyBee

OK, let's all try to let go of this whole thing, now. It hurts too much and it sends too much negative energy into the atmosphere. This "girl-woman" will get what is coming to her soon. It's really a law of nature. I have been personally addicted to the progress, finding missing Cayley, who took her, what happened to her, learning for certain that her mother is the person behind the mystery, watching the legal system work through it, watching the trial, waiting for the verdict, and then the disbelief and the depression. If there are other children still living who need help, let's help them and forget about Casey Anthony.

July 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. aaron crouse

um lets say prove to me zannie is this maid or she no her why wasnt the subpeona stuffed. this false accustation by the zannie which well is a crime and making money off a case is illegal. and why wasnt the judge disbarred because double jeopardy the innoncent is tied to conduct to.

July 7, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. C0LD S0UL

Casey Anthony did not kill her daughter.

July 8, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Ramon F. Herrera

Hey, we have none other than God him/herself in the audience!

Oh Supreme Being could you send me tomorrow winning lotto number to my private e-mail?

July 8, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
    • TRUTHbeTOLD

really? im guessing you think oj is innocent too..? LOOK AT THE FACTS IDIOT!

July 13, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Life

uneducated juors let this woman walk for murder! I am praying this lady wins and EVERY penny Casey makes from this case 50% of the royalty goes to Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez! Praying for Zenaida!

July 8, 2011 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
    • jasper

move on with your lives people

July 8, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Playjojo

Heard you the first time jasper, thank you. However, Zenaida deserves her innocence announced loud and clear. And too be compensated for all the libeled crap that Casey Anthoney flung at her.

July 8, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Life

Those jjuors were DUMB, they let this woman walk for murder! I am praying this lady wins and EVERY penny Casey makes from this case 50% of the royalty goes to Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez! Praying for Zenaida!

July 8, 2011 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Gasten

You're right. I believe that jurors should be required to have an IQ of no less than 140. I personally feel they all felt overwhelmed and confused by all the legal jargon/instructions Judge Perry read to them before sending them to deliberate. I think they felt too much weight on their shoulders, and frankly, couldn't connect the dots in the evidence, so decided the safe way out was "not guilty". An unintelligent jury can result in disastrous consequences.

July 11, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  9. Ruth Mattick

Hello Mommie, I am speaking to you from an urn. I'm nothing but ashes now. I hope you are happy. You sent me to a very nice place. They don't have duct tape here..Nobody is put into a bag and thrown on a trash pile. Nobody's shirt says "big trouble". He wants us to love and forgive. His heart is bigger than the one you put on me.. He loves me now and for always. I loved you mommie. Caylee.

July 8, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • jasper

you have problems serious problems

July 8, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gasten

Jasper, please leave this site. I think I can safely say noone wants to hear your sarcastic remarks.

July 11, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

I commend you on a well done performance. Can you do a JonBenét Ramsey act also?

July 12, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Reemo

All the best luck to Zaneida with this lawsuit. Too bad this is only a misdemeanor, so even if Casey's convicted, she'll get 1 year max, but probably less on good behavior.

July 8, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • L

It's not a misdemeanor. It's a defamation claim, which is a civil suit...you don't get jail time for that. The best this Zenaida person could hope to achieve is money damages, which is actually pretty unlikely for various reasons. I wish the general public would learn some basics about the law before condemning a jury who actually followed it!

July 9, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  11. Silverheels

John Morgan has an excellent reputation and has office firms practically everywhere in Florida. He is a tough nut to crack and knows how to crack Casey Anthony. Ms. Gonzales and her children didn't deserve to suffer with this mess which Casey created. She was a mother who was trying to earn a living who got sucked into Casey's vortex of lies. Ms Gonzales lost her home, her job, her reputation, and received death threats thru e mails and phone calls. She and her family lived through hell after the murderous liar mom dragged Zenaida's name into the muddy pond.

Zenaida Gonzales should follow with her defamation suit and teach Casey a lesson or two about not dragging people into her lies. It is high time Casey should be held accountable for her evil doings!

July 10, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Loretta

Yes, Casey Anthony is a very very evil seed, will trip up, or else someone else will get her. Casey is the REAL DAUGHTER OF SATAN and has every mean bone in her whole being!

July 10, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. inadaze2

She Will Offend Again I have accepted the verdict so I can move on ..
    I will turn my disapointment ....knowing that a murderer got off and turn it..into something Positive
    I just couldn't stand her giggly smiles and her Winks (WHAT WAS THAT)

I will watch Nancy Grace ~~~~~to all you Haters Aka defense team

Signed mom of 2 children that were Once "2 years OLD"

July 11, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

I can't stand Nancy Grace. She makes me want to pull my hair out with the bias BS she spews from her pie hole.

July 12, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. inadaze2

" L"

YOU ARE THE DENFENCE TEAM get off the blog

July 11, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  15. Cindy A. Hidalgo

Why isent the media covering this aspect of the travesty of Caseys lies? What is going on with the deposition? Will she Casey have to testify? Or will Baez get her out of that also. I too can only hope that if Casey makes one dime off of this, (if she does it will be our stupid dimes) Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez gets most of it. NO juror, or Anthony should be making any money off of this tragedy,We dont need to hear any interviews from any of the jury, we already heard their opinion! Who, What, Where, When, Why and How?????? The Anthonys? We have heard enough lies, enough lies where any one of us the public could write a book.

July 11, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |