Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. Trollie McTrollenstein

She-Troll.

July 6, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • FriLL Sally

Nancy defines hate.....

July 6, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • coleen DoT

Nancy, misguided, ... GraceLESS

July 6, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • William

As an attorney she should know that it is not what you know. It's what you can prove in court. Anyone ever heard of having a little cooth?

July 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Dude, stop talking about your mom. It's mean.

July 7, 2011 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  2. Raven

This case reminds me so much of the JonBenet Ramsey case. In both situations, you have two underage (not even school age) children that are gone. Ultimately both were the sole responsibility of their parents to care for their well being and all their needs. And in both cases, no one will be convicted of their death and the case will go "unsolved" although, I am sure Casey knows what happened to Caylee, whether she was directly or indirectly involved

July 6, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Geral

Perry certainly could have disagreed but it was a jury where she was put in front of her peers and found not guilty.

it's ironic reading nancy grace say "There’s no way to explain their verdict, no logical way. Maybe that’s the problem. I’m trying to apply logic to people who were illogical in their jury deliberations." SHE's the one being illogical, blood thirsty to see this woman die. At the end of the case, nobody won. The child is dead either way, and her killer will have to live with that guilt for the rest of their life.

July 6, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenae

I don't understand how a mother who is responsible for the care and custody of their child who ends up dead is not convicted of something! Whether she did it or not why did the prosecution not press the issue that she was responsible for her death?? Maybe she did not do it but she was careless enough to allow others to.

July 6, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Travis Williamson

@Jenae She was convicted of of something, she was convicted of lying to police in a missing person's investigation. She could face up to four years. She has been in jail for a long time don't forget, for something the State couldn't convict her of.

July 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Travis Williamson

@Raven After the verdict was read, the judge called Casey and her attorneys to the stand.... and he went through each count and gave the courts verdict. Could Judge Perry have disagreed with the jurors decision? By disagree, do you mean could he have overruled them and found her guilty? The answer is no. The jury's verdict is final, a Judge cannot overrule a verdict of a jury, even if he or she personally disagrees with it. It is over, she can never be tried for these same offenses again.

July 6, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • elle

In some cases a judge can set aside a verdict, but not in an acquittal-I beleive.
      And he wouldn't. this case failed for a reason, even though i beleive Casey guilty.

July 7, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Carmen Williams

I agree Raven, why are these parents not being held responsible?

July 7, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Lone

Because Carmen, that isn't how the justice system works. You can't punish someone just because you 'think' they're guilty of a crime. And she has been in prison for nearly 4 years. That is a fair sight more than many that are highly suspect (such as the given example).

July 7, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Judge Charles Lynch

Jenae, it's the 'charges.' The jury can only respond to the actual charges. Since the time, place, cause of death, and murderer could not be named, the charge of capital murder could not be supported by evidence. If the charge had been 'failing to prevent a child's death,' BOOM! Guilty. If it had been 'being a silly chickenhead' or 'having a disgusting lifestyle,' BOOM! Guilty.

July 7, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kentuckian

DNA was found on Jon Benets dead body. It did not match anyone in the Ramsey family. Raven, is your last name "Mad"?

July 8, 2011 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
    • fayse

Jon Benet Ramsey's parents were cleared but, only after the death of her mother.

July 8, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike from Calgary

Great comparison ... the police targeted on the mother without any basis! Police and Prosecutor and Nancy must have been disappointed when Jon Benet's mom died of cancer before they could extract their POUND OF FLESH!

July 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristal

she should know u moron this is fact tape over your nose and mouth will kill u y because it blocks of air 2 your lungs and that shuts down your vital organs then your dead no 1 can live through that cause of Death suffocation u dummies

July 8, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • JIm

Thank you for having common sense. I think Nancy still thinks she is a prosecutor... or god. None of us know for SURE that she killed her daughter so who do we think we are to be her judge, jury and executioner? She obviously did something terrible but to what extent or what motive no one will ever know. She will pay the price on her own. Nancy Grace is just full of hate and anger... as evidenced in most of her text above. She answers almost every question with angry sarcasm.

July 12, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  3. CKARMST

FROM HOUSTON TEXAS: Casey Anthony….Stay Away! This is the home of Texas Equusearch…remember, the thousands of volunteers who searched for your daughter? We will lasso you and then brand you with a different “Bella Vita”. We do NOT want you in our city.

Go to Clearwater and live with one of the jurors who acquitted you.

DON’T MESS WITH TEXAS!!

July 6, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOSEPH

Hey do you realize that your I.P. address is tracked and if it comes out that this woman is harmed by your organization they can track you from this post and what sort responsible citizen are you...Reminds me of the Lynch Mobs!!

July 6, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lindamercedes07

This sounds like a threat, do we not live in America? and ,what organization are you speaking of? and, whom will harm "this woman", do you mean Casey, if so, she harmed herself. What goes around, comes around, sooner or later, pay the devil now or pay him later, but one will pay if in fact they were deviant and caused a deviant act.

July 7, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Carmen Williams

This agree with not sure what the other person is talking about harming someone or in this instance Casey because we are just stating opinions here. Maybe he came to the wrong place by mistake. I am very educated as I am sure we all are. No vigilantes here. But I have to agree. I don't agree with the verdict. But I know she will have a higher authority to answer to when the time comes. She might of beat the law but I don't think she can get past him.

July 7, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
    • starsgrl7

No offense, but someone very educated would know that it's she might have, not might of, that doesn't even make sense.

July 7, 2011 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
    • JudyB

I have seen and have known quite a few intellegent people who are bloody stupid and have no common sense. That I believe is the type of jury they had for Caylee, useless, no commen sense, and certainly did not listen after they made up their minds. They chose not to listen carefuly to all the evidence. An how many on the jury were just followers? Lets not forget one person on the jury was in a rush to go on holidays!

July 8, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristal

deayh is 2 good 4 that slivering piece of human trash i will dance the day that piece of crap meets her demise

July 8, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Emily

Amen.

July 9, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
    • JakeC

Hey...you DO REALIZE that your comment from more the 6 hours ago SOMEHOW manages to be on the NEWEST POST while newer posts are often LOST. BTW, no one care NANCY er, Joseph...LOL

July 7, 2011 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
    • jmac

Not accurate, we are not quite there yet.

July 7, 2011 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
    • humtake

Actually, we are all safe now from any online searching or activity. This case has set a precedent that will ruin other cases in the future. Online activity does not prove anything now. You can google "how to blow up Casey Anthony" and never have to worry about being blamed for it if it happens.

July 7, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Real News Please

People can google "How to be smart" but there's no proof they ever were or will be.

July 7, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Real News Please

Someone can google "how to be smart" but that doesn't mean they ever were, are or will be. That was the whole problem with the case. Coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't mean dida for Casey and the prosecution.

July 7, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Literal Truth

Things are not always what they might seem and investigating other possibilities should always be done before coming to decisions in anything. I could google "how to be smart" but that would not mean that I was, are or ever had any hope of becoming so. I google sports all the time but doubt I'll ever be a million dollar athlete or that it will motivate me to be one, or if I became one that googling it alone without doing the necessary follow up work alone would make me one.

There is so much wrong with the half thought out emotional conclusions we see before, during and after this trial that its a bit scary to be surrounded by so many who use so little of their thought processes and know so little about our American government including the justice system.

July 7, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • True

That's actually true. Now can you understand why? That's where the problem is.

July 7, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • no justice for caylee

i love you, nancy. so glad you have stood up and said you didn't agree with this jury, but from some of the remarks i have seen on here, there are so many blind people, who still believe in her innocence. what do they need, the actual body in the trunk. does anyone know what evidence is? what about scott peterson? they didn't have a cause of death for his wife and baby, but he still got the death penalty. casey didn't even get a slap on the hand for not even call 911 and tell them her baby was missing for 31 days and constantly lied about it. what do these "people" think about this and the fact she partied for the whole time she was gone and decomposing on the side of the road. what kind of justice is this. i am sick to my stomach that these 'people" can defend her. not even child neglect. shame on you all.

July 7, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • just sayin!

I have read so many of these post, that I have come to the conclusion that these people on here that feel justice was served, have no regard for the fact that an innocent child has been murdered, they are the same godless spawns of satan that fight to keep seperation of church and state, keep prayer out of our childrens schools and that abortion is an acceptable means of birth control, I have nothing more then pity on your foolish souls for when judgement day comes the wrath of an almighty justice will have been served upon them.

July 7, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

~You do realize that the majority of the people DO NOT believe she is innocent. BUT the rational people here see the evidence presented and based on the facts alone, believe the jury made the logical conclusion. Not Guilty does not mean Innocent.
      ~If you paid attention to the Scott Peterson Case, the biggest difference with that case was that he told his mistress 2 weeks before she disappeared that he was a widower. That was the nail in his coffin. Otherwise, from an evidence standpoint, the cases are pretty similar.
      ~The fact that she was out partying is extremely disturbing, but not evidence that she murdered anyone. I can't say I agree with her choice to go partying, but under the law, nothing says that she was required to inform the authorities that her daughter was missing. So yes, her partying was weird, but not illegal...
      ~Again, as a parent I'd have been on the phone within minutes of my child going missing. BUT I also understand that there is nothing that legally says I have to. And it's hard to prove neglect when EVERY witness that was put on the stand said that she was a wonderful loving mother. Between the witnesses and lack of a broken law of neglect, how could anyone convict her of it based on the evidence presented?

July 8, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Anita

The duct tape, blanket, and duffel bag came from the Anthony's home. The fact that she backed her car into the garage and borrowed a shovel, that her car smelled like a dead body, and the car seat & Caylee's favorite doll were still in HER car is enough evidence for me. She had the motive. Her tattoo was not to celebrate her good life, it was a memorial to Caylee's life and it was done before Caylee's remains were even found. Like you said, they convicted Scott P on much less. Someday she'll follow in OJ's footsteps and go to prison for her next crime.

July 8, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa Marie

We can only hope.

July 8, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christian

It is almost laughable reading all these opinions from the couch potatoes like Anita living on welfare regurgitating sound bites from Grace, Velez and the others on HLN (who are milking this for every ratings point they can get). And we all know that these under-educated, lazy people know better than our Judicial system does on who is guilty and who isn't. Most of you won't be happy until a lynch mob takes her and hangs her.

In this case, the state ‘failed’ to establish (1) How Caylee Anthony died (2) No DNA on the duct tape that was supposedly used to suffocate her (3) Prosecution never proved that the smell in the car was from human decomposition and (4) it was never quite clear why chloroform was so important. Emotions do not belong in the court of law. Let it go. Oh and people, did you know that George and Cindy Anthony, have applied for a trademark on the name ‘Caylee Anthony,’ and the phrase, ‘Justice for Caylee’ ? Everyone – the media, the grandparents, the attorneys – people open your eyes, it’s about the money, the ratings and the 2 minutes of fame. And the latest is that this woman (Cindy) is writing a book on George’s infidelity.

July 10, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

Totally agree.

July 10, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

I don't see my comments other than agreeing with Christian...wow, CNN!!

July 11, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

Christian...I salute you 🙂

July 11, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Anita

The duct tape, blanket, and duffel bag came from the Anthony's home. The fact that she backed her car into the garage and borrowed a shovel, that her car smelled like a dead body, and the car seat & Caylee's favorite doll were still in HER car, and Timer55 were enough evidence for me. She had the motive. Her tattoo was not to celebrate her good life, it was a memorial to Caylee's life and it was done before Caylee's remains were even found. Like you said, they convicted Scott P on much less.

July 8, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike from Calgary

July 8, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

DID YOU JUST WAKE UP FROM A FANTASY DREAM-SURELY YOU ARE NOT THAT DUMB-MAYBE PRONE TO THE MANIPULATION OF PSYCHOPATHS? : YOU HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY CONTAMINATED!

July 9, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Mike from Calgary

"A timely autopsy would have disclosed semen from Caylee's molester ... and George had the garbage bags and the duct tape handy. He just had to continue to threaten Casey to cover his story or else he was going to ...... I would think Cindy was out of the loop , but she enabled George."

How utterly foul! Excuse me but if George was abusing Caylee I would think Casey would accuse him of that at trial. Did you know that the judge would not allow the defense team to use molestation in the closing arguments because there was NO evidence of it at all! Did you know that it was the same for drowing because there was no evidence she drowned?

The way Casey twists things in her twisted mind it is more likely that she attemped to seduce George and Lee than the other way around.

July 10, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
    • totmomtotmomtotmom24/7

yu were expecting something better from Disgrace?

July 10, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • vjk

July 7, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • JIm

Oh no worries... some overly emotional woman who somehow passed a bar exam AND got her own show will prosecute and judge you for said search. She will stir up so much controversy that even if it can't be proved that you did anything wrong, pitch fork mobs will try to lynch you anyways. So yeah I guess you are rigth.

July 12, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Lea

Lol You've got that right, humtake! Casey's trial has given ALL of us the ultimate Get Out of Jail Free Card!

July 15, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • sara

Not unless you get your mom to lie for you and say she was on the computer at the time.

July 7, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • aj

just proves that Mcarthyism is still alive and well in this day and age

July 7, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Terry

Soooooo true. McCarthy lynch mobs!!

July 13, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tcaud

Nancy I can't wait to hear that Casey has sued your ass for labeling her "tot mom". Soon you can join Glenn Beck amongst the ranks of those who overreached and fell from fame.

July 7, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Are you serious? lol Funny how all of a sudden this sociopath of a mother is a saint and people who call it like it is are the evil ones. wow.

July 8, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jane

She is GUILITY! What a lousy jury. Never asked a question. I don't think they understood what resonably doubt is.

July 9, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christian

Why don't you explain that to us...and no Wiki.

July 10, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.E.Becker

I do not think you know what reasonable doubt is. The jurors who were interviwed post-trial made it very clear why they found Casey Anthony Not Guilty. Remember the burden of proof lies with the prosecutor. The prosecution has to prove its case. The defense just has to defend and counter.The prosecutionn could not show cause of death. The prosecution could not prove a murder had actually occurred. The prosecution could show no motive. The prosection has no pphysical evidence to tie Casey Anthony to the murder. No blood, tissue, fingerprints, DNA, etc...That jury made it very clear that without those core elements they had no other option but to find her not guilty. The jurors were very forthcoming with the reasons why they unanimously found her not guilty. They were not going to sentence a woman to death when there was such obvious reasonable doubt.

July 20, 2011 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Nicole

Have you lost your mind??? Just curious??

July 8, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nicole

Good for you Nancy is all I'm going to say! Good for you! I love your show!
      I have watched this case from the very beginning, ( I live in Canada ) this has become such a world wide case, today I just want to remember Caylee!
      I have had a hard time believing that Casey purposely killed caylee, I find myself asking "was it an accident"? Did she panic and dump her daughter in the moment of panic? Did she chloroform her to put her to sleep ( which is still sick) and find her and dump her body out of panic and never spoke up because she knew that chloroforming her child was still going to get her jail time? Did she drown in the pool and Casey dumped her body because she came from a home where her family thought very little of her and out of panic dumped her body? Then took off for 31 days??? I don't know what happened, but I respect your opinions Nancy and will continue to watch your show!

July 8, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • masterchief

Agree. Guess Nancy doesn't have children and doesn't plan on having any. Guess what. YOU WOULD THEN BE A " TOT MOM"

July 8, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • fayse

Nancy Grace has three year old twins whom, she pimps out often on her show to make her appear to have a heart.

July 10, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Junior Jimenez

True. She's A child Abuser...

July 10, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

Nothing wrong with "tot mom" Casey's other labels, by the media/investigators-law enforcement officials/general public (of which I'm one of) will follow Casey always, and so well deserved! not that she cares: everything is someone else's fault. Here is another one "PSYCHOPATH"

July 9, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Kim

I could not agree more and cannot wait!!!!

July 9, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • astonished

Joseph, are we a little paranoid? Lets bring it into the 21st century. We need to let go of the past, and come into reality.

July 7, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • N in Orlando

I'm not worried. I am in a internet cafe located in Bangkok.........hahahahahaha

July 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judge Charles Lynch

Please sir, I beg you not to besmirch my good name by comparing me to that sheister Nancy Grace. I was at least concerned with seeing justice done, and not with enriching my purse.

July 7, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • VT_Citizen

Perhaps you need to adjust your tinfoil hat.

July 7, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jake

Just posting the possibility of reprisals does not mean anyone is planning anything. Here's MY post...Disgusting. A child is dead and her body dumped like so much trash and even if you go with the defense's version, Casey Anthony and possibly her father conspired to cover it all up and she does not even get convicted of child neglect, negligent homicide or ANYTHING except 'lying' to officers?! Yes, I know, it's our system. Well I'm here to say that that system sucks! When people cannot depend on justice from their government to provide even basic protection, then they resort to their OWN justice, which leads to vigilantes and things like 'Death Squads' that we see in so many other less developed countries. We are heading in that direction which also causes many innocents to die. All for a bunch of slimy 'lawyers' to build their reps and get rich on. Sleep well Amerika.

July 7, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • RXW

The reason she didn't get a charge of child neglect or negligence from 'the system' is because the prosecution didn't ask for it. They asked for Murder 1. A jury, or judge, cannot change the charges on the fly to fit what they want. They can only hear and decide on the charges brought. The system worked. The people (supposedly professionals) using the system failed.

July 8, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • balls

Wrong..child neglect was one of the 7 charges files against her

July 9, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony

Wrong, it was child abuse, completely different from neglect.

July 9, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stephanie Davis

OPINONS ARE NOT DANGEROUS....HOWEVER IF THREATS ARE MADE IT IS MORE THAN LIKELY FROM AN IGNORANT PESON..I AM AS UPSET AS MOST OF AMERICA BUT WOULD NEVER TAKE THE LAW IN MY OWN HANDS OTHER THAN TO DEFEND MY SELF IF DANGER IS IMPOSED..YES casey IS VERY GUILTY AND PEOPLE ARE SO OUTRAGED BECAUSE THIS IS A LITTLE GIRL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE..THE DEFENSE TEAM CONDUCTED THIS TRIAL LIKE A GAME OF WHO CAN WIN...........OK SOMETIME WRONG PREVAILS FOR A WHILE..
      DONT WORRY THE DEVILS ARE DANCING NOW..BUT BELIEVE ME THIS IS NOT THE END OF casey....WE WILL SEE HER IN THE PUBLIC AGAIN....IN TROUBLE IN COURT AGAIN...BETCHA

July 8, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • fayse

Please turn off the CAPS key. Do you not know that is in very poor taste?

July 8, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

You remember that if anything happens to any member of the Anthony family Stephanie Davis. Ms. Grace herself was calling for people to go to the jail upon Ms. Anthony's release. Why would anyone with 3 million devoted viewers who believe someone is guilty and got away with murder direct someone to a jail upon somone's release?

July 10, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brande

i agree with you, Casey made a deal with the devil and its ok for now, she won't dance forever.... the media will be right there,

July 14, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Tracey

No one's that stupid Joseph, we know IP's can be tracked. But honestly, does anyone think they'd get in trouble for ridding the world of this evil wh*re??? It would be worth it to be questioned......

July 8, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

just dont report it for 30 days and you'd be fine.

July 9, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Oh stop. There's no lynch mob. Geesh! Exaggerate much??

July 10, 2011 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Dee

Lynch mob = Nancy Grace. She is a mob.

July 11, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Connie Kuest

Who else needed their space and this talking baby has no place to go but down!!

July 12, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
    • stacy

Please....she is just speaking the truth. There is no way you can look at the evidence and not believe that Casey killed Caylee.

July 14, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thor

I would only hope that she would.

July 11, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • diane

Sounds like you are in love Joe. Plenty of sickos like you like women who kill their kids. Just because there was no admission doesn't mean she didn't do it. Normal for you is party time when the kid is gone. you didn't see the jailhouse visits? She sort of acted different then didn't she? Amazing.

July 11, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • diane

I think old Joe is in love. Lots of men like women who kill. It is not so unusual.

July 11, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shannon

"Don't Mess with Texas?" So you don't want her throwing trash on the ground? Learn what the saying means before you throw it out there.

July 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

wut

July 7, 2011 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Rose

WOW Vigilante much! That is exactly what Nancy Grace wants go you!

July 6, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • agnes nettleton Horray fior

anHorray for Nancy Grace I think they should throw Casey Anthony in a brown bag and throw her in the woods like she did to her child also the jury must have been paid something to get her aquitted They also have to live with the knowlidge that they did not do there job for poor little Cayla cy

July 10, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Trollie McTrollenstein

@Nancy Tapeworm: Dont break any of that off, it will multiply! Hurry up and flush it!

July 6, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristal

u know whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ? your sooooooooooooo lowwwwwwwwwwww that u can play handball against a curb u uneducated idiot

July 8, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Julie

Nancy you rock your the best.....

July 6, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary m

Nancy tells it like it is. She is great advocate for all the missing children. God bless her.

July 6, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna brantham

absolutely!!!!! these people that are hateful and aweful with their comments, well....to heck with'em. They've forgotten or don't care about justice for Caylee, a TODDLER WITH NO DEFENSE,. SHE WAS TOSSED AWAY 1/4 MILE FROM CASEY'S HOME. REALLY???

July 6, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Travis Williamson

@MaryM Tells it like it is? Why wasn't she saying how difficult of a case this was for the prosecution? All of her defense lawyer guests were trying to but she just cuts them off. Now, people like you, come away with the impression that it was someone's fault there is no conviction, like the State or the Jury (according to Nancy), instead of understanding that sometimes under out system there is simply not enough evidence.

July 6, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • LAG

Pathetic bible thumpers.

July 7, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Kentuckian

Julie: I suggest you Quit worshiping at your Nance Grace shrine.

July 8, 2011 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike from Calgary

Nancy is a DISGRACE!

July 8, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike from Calgary

Ask Nancy Disgrace about haranguing Medinda Duckett to death in 2006! Has the bitter biddy not learned anything!

July 8, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristal

any1 that believes Nancy is 4 justice rocks i commend You

July 8, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

Julie and Mary are two of the group of people I was referring to earlier. Feeble minded. Let the talking head GRACEless one do all their thinking and burbling for them.

July 11, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Dee

AND....the GRACEless one may as well have held a gun to Melinda Duckett's head. She ABSOULTELY killed that girtl!

July 11, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Connie Kuest

Nancy Grace is right on! She can spot a fraud! A beautiful child is dead and someone needs to pay..The mom thinks she is above doing any wrong! She is guilty and she holds her head like it is ok! Ugh!!.

July 12, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mary m

This jury had to be either on drugs or were bought out. The way she abused this child is unforgivable. SHAME on this jury. Hope Judge gives her the extra year and she spends it the general population. Afer all she was only charged with misdemenors I hope they get to her. May Caylee rest in peace. She better not come to NY cause she is not welcomed here.

July 6, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iamgr82day

This is why so many people are angry and irrational about the verdict. What evidence you do have that she ever abused the child? They was never any evidence that she ever abused this child. People, irrational people, like you begin to see the boogey man everywhere. Stick to the facts. You can believe she did it or did not do it, but stop making stuff up.

July 6, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judge Dredd

@Iamgr8: Umm so children missing for 31 days is normal in your family? The heart on the duct tape also indicates that she was buried by someone who knew her. Bare minimum of evidence suggests child neglect even if you can't convict on murder.

July 6, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iamgr82day

What do you think judge dredd??? Were you just born dim? I said in my life not in my family... though I have seen odd behavior in my family too. I see people do all sort of things I do not understand. At the end of the day, doing strange things is not evidence of murder by itself. It does not matter what you think or what I think about the action itself. What she did is consistent with the actions of someone that committed murder, but it is also someone who was trying to cover up an accident.... especially if they thought that they might get into trouble for it. My point is that odd behavior by itself is not evidence of murder and not enought to convict someone of capital murder.

July 6, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judge Dredd

@Iamgr8: Covering up an accidental death is still a felony I believe. It seems you're dim too. I never said the jury had enough to convict on capital murder, but they surely had plenty to convict on the lesser charges. There's a difference between odd and covering up the death of your child.

July 6, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna brantham

Where is common sense, people?? You can't have every shred of evidence (i.e: DNA, witness, etc) in every case. But, if you know someone is guilty and then say the state didn't prove it beyond a REASONABLE (not every) doubt, are you gonna let this child-bearing age woman out to go kill again??????? What the hell is going on these days???

July 6, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • elle

That's a dumb thing to say just because you are outraged. There was key elements of the case missing and in some cases the prosecution can show the jury where to overlook that, and some case they can't. Lots of people agree with that who still think Casey is guilty and that the situation is terrible. Its the price to pay for having a "beyond reasonable doubt" system. Some people walk away but the hope is that there are no wrong convictions, which is worse

July 7, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Judge Charles Lynch

The prosecutors implied, by charging her with murder, that they could show Casey killed her child at a specified place and time by a certain method. They expected CSI to hand them this case, and it didn't happen. Don't blame the jury for that. They could have nailed her on lesser charges and locked her up until she was pushing forty if they had been given the right charge. And I understand how you feel, but when a court is available you must abide by its decision and not try to take justice into your own hands.

July 7, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kentuckian

Wow! The jury was kept drugged for 6 weeks? They were Paid to vote not guilty? A typical Nancy follower> Insane!

July 8, 2011 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
    • fayse

Mary m. first of all whom do you suppose had enough money to buy off the Jury? If all of you want to be mad at someone and place blame take a good look at the Prosecution. They simply did not have enough evidence for the Jury to convict. And because you are wishing harm on another human being, that makes you just as bad as the person you hate.

July 8, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

Mary, stop talking like an idiot! What real proof do you have to throw something as damning as this at anyone? SHAME ON YOU WOMAN!

July 11, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. Misty Canterbury

She may have gotten away, this time! She will have a judgement day

July 6, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna brantham

I believe our Father will deal with her in His court. I'd hate to be her.

July 6, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott

NG apparently does not understand the false-witnessing is a grave sin and abomination against the Lord and one day, she'll have to explain herself.

July 7, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • fayse

And it is for God to pass judgement, not any of us.

July 8, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Craig

Fire this insane woman. Biased media and this psychopath has endangered a human life in Casey Anthony. Working the masses up into a frenzy, I'm surprised no one has rioted. I guess the riots are for sentencing tomorrow. Nancy Grace disgusts me.

July 6, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judge Dredd

I actually agree with the fact that Casey should have been convicted on child abuse even if there was not enough evidence to convict on murder. Something stinks in the Anthony household that's for sure. I just don't like people who profit off of other's misfortunes while pretending to care about the children. It's disingenuous at best.

July 6, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOSEPH

You are so right Craig..She is a lynch mob leader and has no business being on television....She is down right dangerous and God help her for endangering people lives for her own benefit...Evil

July 6, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

Thank you.... I'm not the only one who hates her!

July 6, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Travis Williamson

@Judge Dred I just don't like people who profit off of other's misfortunes while pretending to care about the children. It's disingenuous at best. Kind of like what Nancy Grace does right? At least for the last 3 years. Now who is she going to try and go out and convict before they have their day in court. Nancy Grace, a defense lawyer's best friend.

July 6, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobz

I agree HLN and alot of other shows are pumping the hate/riot machine.Look I think she did it also personally but I wasn't on that jury and think isn't enough to send someone to death.The prosecution rather than charging her with something lesser where chances are she would have been behind bars til she was a old lady forced the jury into making touch choices and they didn't believe the evidence was there.

Again I think she probly did it but I do not support lynch mob justice nor do I think it is right to attack the very jury who got voted into the job and task they had.If you wanna do something for Caylee's memory go hug a child who needs it there are plenty in the world who could use some kind words and a hug.

July 6, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judge Dredd

@Travis: My point exactly. If Nancy Grace was really a humanitarian then she would do her job for free, or she would focus on doing things to stop this stuff from happening in society, so often. There are people worse than the criminals and they are the ones who allow young people to be exposed to drugs, abuse and violence which makes the problems worse. As long as it gives them a job then who cares right?

July 6, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judge Dredd

@bobz: They charged her with 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child, and 4-5 lesser counts of lying to police. I was thinking tampering with evidence and child neglect would be perfect for this case.

July 6, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • fayse

Craig, please send your feedback to cnn.com/feedback/hdlns/

July 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mmmmm

Caylee was not an adult with liberties to go here or there. As a 2 year old child whose whereabouts and movements are restrictive and one continuous chain of custody: from one adult to another adult, it is a travesty, that Caylee's custodians were not held accountable for her untimely absence, harm
    and murder.

July 6, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Judge Dredd

I am the law! She's not going to San Quentin for a misdemeanor conviction. There aren't many shankings in county jail work release. She will be judged again though. You can't outrun that one, even if you outrun the human authorities.

July 6, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Speakinghonest

Personally I think after 3 yrs in prison she should be hot for some personal interrogation from my truth rod.

July 6, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. James

Nancy Grace doesn't agree with ANY verdict that doesn't go her way. She's a disgrace and should be pulled from TV.

July 6, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOSEPH

So True

July 6, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldman57

I agree Nancy Grace is a disgrace and should be pulled from TV.

July 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Travis Williamson

Guilty!! Nancy is for sure guilty of that, you have my vote.

July 6, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

I had no dog in the fight but I think the jury made a huge mistake also. I don't agree with how they perceived the evidence. They also said that they couldn't put Casey to death. What the hell? They aren't supposed to even consider the punished that will be doled out but they did and took that into consideration in their decision. And you guys think that is o.k?

Total miscarriage of justice.

July 8, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Trollie McTrollenstein

Can we move on to the next overly publicized media frenzy yet? This sh.t is getting repetetive. Weve got to be pushing the boundaries of the American attention span, right?

July 6, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Analytic

You are right. Full support for you.

July 7, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
    • malasangre

i would like to see some similar outrage directed at the 5 policemen on trail for murder in New Orleans. think it will happen? yea, me neither.

July 7, 2011 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  13. JOSEPH

Yeah Nice Job Nancy...you seem to ignore the basic tenets of our legal system... I hope you get sued for defamation of character and you will reap what you are sowing...Lord help you

July 6, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • mrright

Joseph-you're an idiot>

July 7, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
    • drbasic

no he is not...he is correct

July 7, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
    • malasangre

it would be fun to see her sued BUT in a civil case she probably could convince the jury she did muder the girl and so what she said was true. different rules. see OJ

July 7, 2011 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jim Dominic

Making reporters and news commentators the focus of a news story is not journalism as I understand the term.

July 6, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOSEPH

So true..what sort of investigative journalism is that...More like shock journalism...sleeze balls that put people's lives endanger..

July 6, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bob

I cant stand nancy

July 6, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • swtpea

I am so glad that i am not the only one...i wonder who/or what designated her judge and jury....cant wait till she is GONE from HLN

July 6, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shecky Serious

...nobody does bob, nobody does

July 6, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • deh5773

Why?

July 6, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • timmeh

I cant stand her either!!

July 6, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cindy

You don't have to like her, but she is still right in her assessment. 12 stupid people let a murderer go free. Hope you don't live near Orlando – there's a murderer on the loose.
      I

July 6, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nancy Is A Harpy

What he said

July 6, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • kennith

then change the channel or read a book.

July 6, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lone

No Cindy, the jury is not stupid. You would know that if you'd ever been on one. We are all (and that includes Nancy Grace) outsiders looking in and minimal detail is making its way to us. Appearances, spin, and what you feel the outcome should have been mean nothing when it comes to burden of proof.

July 7, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |