Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. sneakypete

News is entertainment, it always has been, it's in the, selling itself, business and always has been.
    People don't understand why I'm happy about my being 70 years old, I won't have to watch disfunctional growups on an ever worsening basis. This jury of adults is stupid, something you can't actually fix!

July 6, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. TheDevilHasManyForms

Nancy says it is not unethical to say someone is guilty before their day in court, Rather, it is her right by the first amendment to say what she wants, both as a lawyer and TV commentator. This lady needs an ethics lesson. Just because something is legal does not mean it is ethical. By comparison, is it legal for a doctor to sleep with a patient? Yes. Is it completely unethical? Yes, and the doctor would lose his or her job. I am done with CNN as long as this asinine lady is still on the air. I regret clicking this link.

July 6, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. garwin1

Nancy Grace was a no account attorney. Now she's a no account blowhard.

July 6, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joe citizen abroad

Nancy Grace has appointed herself judge, jury, and executioner. She doesn't have to agree with the verdict, but she has to accept it. That's the law. What she is doing is the media equivalent of inciting a lynching. It's illegal. It's irresponsible. It's disrespectful to the jurors and the system. She consistently fosters a vigilante mentality that places the burden of proof upon the accused. CNN should ask for her resignation.

July 6, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tom

Nancy Grace is just another loudmouth idiot with a degree….if she had any creditability as a legal annalist she would certainly honor “innocent until proven Guilty”

July 6, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. miek p

Nancy Grace is a world class pig. What a slob.

July 6, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna brantham

nice. And did YOU receive a BA from an accredited university?? I think not.

July 6, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jayson

Nancy Grace,
    I followed the intire Casey Anthony trial and your program. You and the other commentators were on target with your guilty opinion. In fact, the world was with you on Casey's guilt. From watching juror #13 give his opinion, I can say that there is something missing in our justice system. We need to send all jurors to "juror school" to teach them what the meaning of "reasonable doubt" is, what "common sense" means and all the different forms that evidence can be. It may help to give each prospective juror an IQ test. Juror #13 wasn't with reasonable doubt. He was confused about the whole case.

July 6, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • R A

Just because you don't like the decision, doesn't mean it's wrong. I am still waiting for ONE piece of evidence that CONCLUSIVELY proves she did it.

July 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • SailorGary

I hear you about Jury school........"REASONABLE" is it reasonable to assume that Casey had nothing to do with the death of her daughter...........HEll NO!

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jacksonfram

Nancy Grace is trying to change our justice system.
    Innocent until proven guilty and tried by a jury of your peers based on facts presented in court.
    Time for Nancy to follow Glenn Beck and go bye bye

July 6, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ctm

If something ever happens to a member of my family, I'd want Nancy to prosecute.

July 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron

Really??? If she prosecuted the case in the same manner as she "reports" legal news she would alienate the jury so much that there probably would be a quick unanimous verdict of not guilty.

July 6, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lisa

Shut up. Who cares what you think about Nancy Grace as long as you are watching her is all that matters. I can tell that YOU ALL are watching her since you are expressing such strong comments. She is RIGHT and I agree with her. Toy Mom is a murderer. She killed her daughter. The jury is STUPID and so is the justice system. What idiots. Justice for Caylee, NOT IN FLORIDA.

July 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Paul http://www.youtube.com/ny007ny

She is such a disgusting person. Anyone that exploits dead children for a living is trash to me.

July 6, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jenni T.

It truly saddens me to hear what people are saying about Nancy Grace. Yes, she can be difficult and a bit unbearable at times, but she is a huge victims advocate. She lost someone she loved to a violent crime and instead of giving up she has risen up out of despair to defend victim's rights the best way she can......powerfully. I don't understand why people are being so hard on Nancy for voicing her opinion regarding Casey Anthony's guilt, but when Nancy says that Joran Van Der Sloot is guilty, everyone is fine with that. Even though he was originally released of any charges in Natalee Holloway's murder. I am not trying to offend anyone and I respect your opinions but I'm telling you that if someone murdered someone you love I think your opinion on what Nancy Grace says and does would be different.

July 6, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • NancyBGone

@Jenni. If something bad happens to a member of my family, I don't want Nancy Grace making money out of it.

July 6, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greg

we are being hard on her because she is not an advocate for anything but herself. What you see as an advocate for others is actually her boosting her rating and bank account by creating false and basis tabloid gossip

July 7, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  13. maggie

nacy what is it about casey. you dont know her never met her or did you? you were not ther when her baby died were you or maybe you were . you seem to know every thing about it. it must be nice to know it all. i petty your kidds hope they never do any thing that you dont like. nacy get over it casey was acquitted and your just a wast move on to your next poor sol or maybe its time to get off the tv i wont miss you

July 6, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • SailorGary

Maggie, I dont know if you are a mother, but speaking as a father of five and grandfather of three......NO ONE INNOCENT DOES WHAT SHE DID DURING THE 31 DAYS AFTER CAYLEE WAS LAST SEEN! and then when it all hits the fan continues to LIE, AND LIE, AND OBSTRUCT JUSTICE AND LIE!

July 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. hctib

Notice she never says "Casey Anthony"...she just says tot mom. THAT'S how she gets out of defamation suits-with a moronic catch phrase!

July 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikep

Nancy Grace has the most punchable face.

July 6, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • bernice

This jury should have been unseated when they asked for a piece of evidence. That was an admission of prior discussion. Caylee lost

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jason

Nancy Grace is an embarassment to lawyers and journalists alike. CNN ought to be ashamed to consider news rather than anything but a demagogue.

July 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • katter47

Hard to understand why any defense lawyer would appear on her show. She interrupts them with sarcasm, disdain and personal insults. Guess it plays well with her "hang 'em high" audience.

July 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ann

Agree. Add Jane velez Mitchell to that to. She's a crazed troublemaker.

July 6, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • bernice

Nancy Grace has more knowledge in her little finger than your excuse for a brain you p-nut.

July 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe citizen abroad

Katter...because they want to be a recurring character in the Nancy Grace Show.

July 7, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |