Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. katter47

Nancy does a lot of good things, like keeping the memory of victims fresh. However, what she did in this case made a mockery of the concept of "innocent until proven guilty". This idea is the very foundation of our personal rights and the cornerstone of our whole jurisprudence system. She does our nation and her viewers a disservice when she refuses to honor that foundational concept. It is simply wrong to promote a lynch mob mentality, whether you think the accused is guilty or not.

July 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • criterion29

well under the instuction of the jury you can not return a verdict like little bit pregnant

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian Boone

I totally agree, and I'll add to it by saying that Nancy Grace is the worst person I can think of on tv for giving opinions. She's incredibly biased. Never looks at it from the other point of view. She is always right. She always knows the truth despite a lack of evidence. She believes herself to be this all knowing person and anyone who disagrees is wrong. I can't stand her self righteous behavior and would love to see someone punch her in her big stupid face!

July 6, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • bernice

this jury was absolutely stupid. Mason will rue the day he lets her into his house to steal..

July 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe citizen abroad

Brian...yes, and I don't think we're alone in being sick-and-tired of so-called journalists forcing their opinions down the throats of the public. Let's get back to journalists who report the facts...and let's get back to thinking for ourselves.

July 7, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. Questioning Journalism

Isn't the (or at least one) distinquishing characteristic between journalism and flaming the ability to report the story without becoming the story? I think Casey Anthony is guilty of a crime related to her daughter's death – but not capital murder. BUT FOR Nancy Grace, perhaps Casey Anthony would have been charged and convicted of the crime she is actually guilty of.

July 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • katter47

Good point. Monday morning quarterbacking, I know, but I suspect a manslaughter (negligent homicide) conviction would have been a lot easier to prove and would have been highly consistent with the evidence. Did Nancy fanning the flames on national TV every night influence the decision to go for Murder 1? A more balanced approach might have resulting in Casey doing significant time instead of walking free.

July 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • iBod

I second your statement Katter 🙂

July 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Questioning Journalism

I watched parts of the OJ trial, and regardless of the outcome, I remember how distorted even the more "balanced" "objective" journalism was on that case. I'd see a few unedited segments of the trial, and then later saw the report of those segments on the news. It was as though the reporter was in a different courtroom!! Nancy Grace is like those reporters on steroids!! No wonder everyone is shocked by the verdict – to listen to Nancy Grace, you'd think that Casey Anthony was John Wayne Gacy with a smoking gun and dozens of bodies buried under her house.

July 6, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Spider hater

Good job, Nancy! I know that if something happened to my child, I would want you giving your all so that justice is served.

July 6, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • NotTellinYou

If your child died, like the hundreds of others that do every year, Nancy Grace would do NOTHING unless it was a sensational case that could give her ratings and make money! So I guess the lesson here is if your kid dies make sure it's in a way that's movie like, oh, and make sure it's a girl, that she is white, and preferably blonde.

July 6, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • R A

If your child died, this pig would be calling you guilty from Day One, calling you a killer and making all sorts of other innuendo, then when you were found not guilty she'd still be calling you a killer on TV. Is that what you want?

July 6, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Acaraho

Sadly, NG would only give her all if she knew there were ratings and money to be made.

July 6, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bud Graham

Nancy Grace is a dumpy frumpy over weight blonde pompous gas bag. The way she acts you gotta figure she is wearing an adult diaper cause there is no doubt she is full of it.

There is something wrong with people that aspire to be prosecuters under our legal system. Justice is not their concern, merely stacking up convictions one after the other. We should try and figure out a way to separate the job from the ego trip as far to many innocent people in this country are placed in prison because of these fanatics.

The evidence just was not there to convict Casey although she certainly is an odd duck. I do not think she is a murderer.

July 6, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Acaraho

I love your portrayal of NG – right on!

July 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Drew

Nancy Grace is disgusting. She's a slimeball lawyer who exploits children every bit as much as the people she believes harms them. Missing and murdered children have made her a rich woman. Think about it.

July 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • texasmike

Correct. Also missing blonde, blue eyed WHITE children. That's telling, too.

July 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. PrettyOldGuy

Nancy, you're irrelevant. Go away. Please.

July 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. texasmike

Nancy Grace is a video vigilante, proposing scenarios and "evidence" she knows would never see the inside of a courtroom. I dispute ANY experience she claims she has, as her mouthfoaming aggression is a clear indication that she is unqualified to be an attorney. She is a disgrace to rational discourse and creates a net negative in America's respect for justice in this country.

July 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Doc M

Declaring someone guilty of murder with a background and platform such as hers is defamatory, not free speech.

July 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. NotTellinYou

PLEASE get this woman off the air!

For the last three years she has used poor Caylee's death to build her ratings and make money! I don't care what she thinks anymore than I cared about the trial overall! There are HUNDREDS of children murdered each year that aren't sensational as this and in Nancy's eyes I guess don't deserve a voice because they won't make her any $$$.

At least I can look at myself in the mirror happy I NEVER watch this woman and NEVER will.

July 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sharon K., Miami, Florida

This woman is quite full of herself. If she had her chance, she would find way to degrade, harass and step on each juror's head. This is the Mother of all of the Talking Heads. After a few minutes of her screaming in your face, you run for the Excedrin Migraine Extra Strength tabs. Then if the remote is not close enough, have someone toss it to you and TURN HER OFF. Maybe crappy ratings will humble this former lawyer and hopefully former, talk show host.

July 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tommy Jonq

she misses the courtroom so much she can't stop going on TV and talking about how much she misses it.

July 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. greg

Quite frankly, its people like her that we see so many innocent people being released years after being convicted. She has a one track mind and thinks shes so smart that whatever she says has to be correct. She didnt know this family, still doesnt know this family and has no idea what happened to that child.

July 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Pete

When will someone do a Jon Stewart and shame CNN into axing this blowhard? Like Hardball, shows like Grace's do more harm than good, undermining due process. A prosecutor who a Court of Appeals claimed "played fast and loose" with her ethical duties, is responsible for such one-sided diatribes that she has no place at a major news network. People like her belong on Talk Radio or Faux News where all the other loud mouths who love the sound of their own voices end up.

July 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • vicki

totally agree

July 6, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Acaraho

I fault Larry King for giving her the access she needed to jump start her career. It's been all downhill for NG since.

July 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Acaraho

Has SNL ever done a NG sketch? I'm sure it would be spot on.

July 6, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Ned

How that Swift Justice working out for you, oh thats right your not doing it anymore. If I hear tot mom one more time I think I'll puke. Nancy Graceless complains about the very system that MADE HER A FORTUNE what a hypocrite.She wants to say how bad a mother Casey Anthony is well who raising your twins must "Zanny the Nanny" cause your face is so firmly planted in the studio I have to wonder who your kids are bonding with,LEAVE THE AIR AND GO BE A MOTHER

July 6, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dennis

I only see your show if channel surfing, but I can't even stand you that long Gracie

July 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lily

I agree with Nancy. A child is dead and this family knows how it happened. They are sinners and liars.

July 6, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

And you are all knowing and wise.......right!

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Polly

give it a rest. You don't know anything for certain.

July 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |