Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. joann

Dear Nancy,You are too great a judge.No,way are you trash like some people say. I,agree with you,that Caylee is in a better place now.Her,mom can not hurt her.Caylee is with the Lord. JoAnn Bartholomew

July 6, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed Sr

Jo Ann........the Lord doesn't like Nancy Grace.........sorry about that.

July 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • casey anthony

i'm in a better place too thanx to what i've wrought, thanx jury of incompetent morons

July 6, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. maggieb

While I'm no fan of Nancy, she's right in this particular situation. I believe that exhaustion overwhelmed the jury. They should never have been asked to sit through long, technical explanations for days on end while sequestered. Very few people have the ability to keep their focus through something like that. Plus I think just being isolated for such a long period may have somehow made them less objective – less distanced – from the arguments. Finally, I think the prosecutor was possibly too dismissive of defense counsel. Many of us knew that he was doing a poor job, didn't have the experience, was fumbling the ball, but all that was kept (quite properly) from the jury. So when the prosecutor laughed at him or made sarcastic comments, I think some members of the jury might have been offended. As a lawyer, I see that as does Nancy Grace, but sometimes we forget how much less an average person understands and how they may view confrontations/arguments/ridicule that occur between counsel. I am not a criminal attorney, so I say this only as someone who "gets" the law side of things. I would have chosen prosecutors who were more sympathetic – someone who could allow the defense to bury himself without attacking him – allow the jurors to conclude that he's incompetent rather than announcing it to the world. Even I was offended by the laughing/nose rubbing antics – just not professional. But they acquitted someone who is clearly guilty. No one may ever know why.

July 6, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • casey anthony

i agree

July 6, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pilgrim1

Let's not forget that little miss perfect Nancy Dis-Grace was twice reprimanded for poor ethics in her own practice of the law, and yet she still has her law license. What a failure of justice!

I suggest you all read about Nancy's overzealous past!

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen

Hey, if Orly Taitz still has her license, Nancy Grace should keep hers...in the drawer at home.

July 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • ktgrl

Did you just say "little miss perfect?" Yet, you took the time to correct my grammar when I was writing in a stream of consciousness mode. I don't support Grace, but I am quite confused at your logic. Kudos to your grammar. You must be really insecure.

July 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • ktgrl

Wait, I mean I am quite confused BY your logic. Damn my grammar. Guess I should go to the community college you attended. I'd have more time as a housewife to attend to my prepositions.

July 6, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rose

Nancy Grace show is the ENQUIRER of TV

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rose Is

right on!

July 6, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • casey anthony

if not for her i'd of had an easier job of getting off, but that biotch has made the rest of my life quite difficult, amen say some

July 6, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. pajuju

I am appalled that HLN is a sister company of CNN. She takes you, CNN from an A to a high D. She's had numerous ethical problems in the past. On Nightline last night she said that one of the jurors on the Anthony case has a DUI and another a drug conviction but claims to respect the judicial system. She and many of the other talking heads are trying desperately to blame anyone and anything else except for the simple fact.......The jury found her not guilty, the state did not prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, period.

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • iBod

Couldn't stop laughing last night when she kept going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on..........thinking her opinion was professionally said, and rightfully mattered...No. Just...no. LOL! 🙂

July 6, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • gconnelly

pajuju you are so very right. i'm annoyed with myself that i'm wasting my time writing about her only it feels good because she's such a pathetic crack pot that i can't believe a reputable news venue would give her a voice. hmmm maybe cnn isn't that reputable. it just feels good to gripe about her.

July 6, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Rick

Typical media ... Tried and condemed before hearing both sides. This lady is what makes me want to not watch news anymore. I am sorry but if duct tape is put on flesh and the flesh rots , does it still adhere to the bones ? I would think it would go with the flesh as it rots people

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • casey anthony

you're idiocy is too great to even comment upon, just know that i'm grateful to have jury rigged the jury such that i can now walk with impunity after having killed caylee to suit my own desires. thanks to pinheads like you, i'm free.

July 6, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jon Faulds

It is a testament to the criminal justice system, and the jury system in particular, that they were able to deliver a verdict without being influenced by the hysterical, hi-tech, lynching mentality displayed by commentators such as Ms. Grace. Her refusal to acknowledge what is evident to even the casual observer with some legal experience – that the case against Ms. Anthony was woefully weak - suggests an unacceptable level of personal investment and bias. Ms. Grace should also consider this. If, as she so vehemently believes, juries can get it wrong, then there are undoubtedly many persons in America's already overcrowded prisons put there because of jury errors the other way.

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • casey anthony

although i'm guilty, i agree with you that some uneducated jurors and profligates thereon were able to be so confused and incapable of critical thinking that i'm held unaccountable for my misdeeds, you're an idiot just like i wanted on the jury, thanx for your support pinhead

July 6, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dennis

Nancy Grace is only in it for herself – she is a clown – shame on CNN for given her a and Jane a voice!

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Name*brian

Good call statsbackbabe. Did I miss Nancy's apology to the duke lacross team?

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Germain

I've watched grace 2 or 3 times.
    Every time I see her on HLN I change the channel.
    I just don't like her.
    I too believe that Anthony was guilty, but I also have some doubts.

July 6, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • casey anthony

how many ways do i have to make it clear to you that i murdered my daughter? you're as dimwitted as this jury. the jury is a microchasm of the idiocy in America which my attorneys capitalized upon you moron.

July 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. unslient majority

people need to realize nancy is only doing her job, as a prosecutor. if you witness any of her cases you would understand so stop hating on her understand thats what a prosecutor does , great job nancy we love you keep up your awsome work and dont listen to these haters 🙂

July 6, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

She is just a media bounty hunter. There is more to this case than she will ever know

July 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Disgrace

You would be closer to the unslient (your spelling) minority.

July 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen

She was not a prosecutor on this case and should have kept her mouth shut!

July 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • gconnelly

speak for yourself unslient majority. whoever "we" is in your world isn't the same as mine.

July 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • drbasic

When you say "we", please do not include me. Thank You

July 7, 2011 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  12. Dcastell

Nancy Grace diminishes the value of CNN as a legitimate, reliable news organization. How can we take this network seriously?

July 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • casey anthony

i was rightly fearful of her vehemence since she knew what i had done, but thankfully pinheads like you exist to help set me free with impunity, thanx @ass

July 6, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Karen

She ought to know better than to sit in judgement on someone else's case. She has made herself irrelevant by being so outspoken a Madame Defarge.

July 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

Karen ... Thumbs up to you !!!!
      I guess if people do not like our legal system move to the middle east , and get your heads cut off instantly. No trial . just what people believe

July 6, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • casey anthony

amen! the legal system when jury rigged works very well, boy am i relieved and ready to party just as i was when my daughter was eliminated by my own selfish hands, thanx for your support pinhead

July 6, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Brian Boone

Nancy Grace refuses to give any credit to the defense. That's how incredibly biased she is. She can't help but look through her amazingly tinted glasses and she knows everything. To disagree just proves you are wrong, because the all knowing Nancy Grace never makes a mistake. I can't stand that self righteous POS.

July 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • casey anthony

only she knows what i've done

July 6, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Scott

You don't agree with the verdict? Simply because you tried her in the media, and now you look stupid?
    She may well be guilty of murder, but show one peice of evidence that proves it.....anyone?

July 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • casey anthony

I lied about her for weeks, I celebrated her absence, i discarded her near my home, i searched for ways to kill, i showed no grief or reaction to her loss, i lie about everything, i'm young and selfish, how's that pinhead?

July 6, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |