Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. dogger

Nancy Grace is an arrogant moron. She is stupid. She could not care less about the facts. She just wants to spout her nonsense. I cannot believe she made it through law school.

July 7, 2011 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  2. mkeck

People who post on here are so ignorant. You watch and listen to the news and peoples opinions. So quick to spit out your own opinions that do not mean crap. Everyone of you who say that the jury failed have no clue or better no understanding of what a jurors job is. They cannot take their own ideas of what may or may not have happened to reach a conclusion. They must take only the facts and what has been presented to them, not what we see and hear in the news, to reach a decision on whether that person is guilty or only then have they failed our country. I commend and praise these jurors for their heroic work. You cannot convict someone on conclusions. You must have facts, the evidence must be there. It is better that 1000 murderers go free than one innocent person be convicted of a crime they did not commit. While most of us probably believe she was guilty, the evidence (and I mean the actual physical evidence) was not there to convict this person. You are ignorant and uneducated to say it was. I, personally, want to thank these jurors for doing their job correctly even if the outcome was not what we as a nation hoped for. And for those who disagree, take a step back and understand that you don't know everything and most likely you just are that type of person who wants to disagree for the sake of arguing.

July 7, 2011 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
    • barbara brown

finally someone who understands our judicial system. I personally believe she did it from what I have seen on tv...however if you are under jury orders the evidence is all you can go by...I can at least rest knowing that 12 people in this country did what our judicial system was designed to have happen.

July 7, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
    • mkeck

Also, I do admit that there are grammatical errors in what I had just typed. This is from a phone and is very difficult to proofread and correct. I am a college graduate and know how to structure a sentence and admit I see spelling and grammar errors in what I just typed. I survived a haboob last night.

July 7, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. Fried Spinach

Right, Nancy. It's all about you.

July 7, 2011 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. EndMathAbuseNow

I lost any respect for Nancy when her blog featured a piece on a boy who was burned with alcohol by his peers. The piece talked about the "good old days" when kids used their fists to settle disputes.
    Can one get worse than this?

July 7, 2011 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  5. Carla

DRAMA QUEEN NANCY NEVER HAD CANCER. SHE HAD A NON-CANCEROUS MASS REMOVED.

July 7, 2011 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
    • pronced

Carla...Anger management.

July 7, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • totmomtotmomtotmom24/7

shame

July 10, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MSK 4NYHI

Nancy Grace quantifies and 'perfects' the concept of idiocy. She was horrible as a prosecutor, and operates on all the hormonal stereotypes of the ding bat woman who makes decisions on emotion, instead of reason. In her attempt to media influence the outcome of the case, her actions had the opposite result. Women lawyers are and should be ashamed at such an ignorant rabble rousing idiot. She is on the air, solely because she generates reaction, and thats good for CNN's bottom line. However, most of the reaction (even when her position is sympathetic), is to hate/dislike or detest Nancy Grace. The person we love to hate. Your on the bully pulpit. Stop pretending to be a lawyer; you are a scab scratching pin headed dope, but you are likely better at this then you were at putting criminals away. Maybe that's something to be greatful, that you are no longer free criminals due to your legal missteps as a prosecutor.

July 7, 2011 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Justice for caley

First of all Nancy has never lost a case. Second, Quit blaming an advocate for caley. third go sugn up on
      face book for Justice for caley. To make a new law for federal offense for not reporting her or a future missing children
      within so many days or hours it should be. Leave an angel a note. The little baby is all that matters.
      FACT JURY REJECTED THE EVIDENCE!

July 7, 2011 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
    • MSK 4NYHI

Justice, you are clueless. "Wanting" something, doesn't make it exist from the emotional context of the desire. Fact: Corner could not say cause of death; corner could not say time of death. That equals reasonable doubt. Your passion for Caylee should be commended. The problem is, when it comes as the sacrifice of justice, this presents some other real problems. While you "may" like Nancy "Clueless" for championing your emotional beliefs, she should be held to a higher standard. As both a journalist and a lawyer, she should cage her emotional rage and focus on the evidence. I know this post will have no affect on your blather, as you seek to justify your belief system. Look up Nancy "Clueless" and see what a stellar prosecutor she was. She sucked pretty bad, and thats why she segwayed to a camera. But as Forrest Gump said, " Stupid is as stupid does," and thats the essence of your troll love. But everyone needs to love someone, so good luck.

July 7, 2011 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sheila

Nancy Grace (and the other clueless media talking heads) are not the puppet masters they think they are. The state's case was weaker than a house of cards and Jose Baez and his legal team exposed it for the fraud it was. There will be no mob rule chasing Casey Anthony down with torches over the rantings of this self righteous moron.

July 7, 2011 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
    • fayse

Nancy Grace will end up losing her job just like Jenny Jones. I can't wait for her show to be canceled. From most of the comments here, Nancy is hated almost as much as Casey Anthony.

July 8, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. windrider2

Yeah yeah, Nancy, the jury is entirely to blame, blah blah blah. No you don't have to agree with the verdict, but you have no choice but to accept it as a done deal. Your opinion doesn't count in a court of law; the jury's decision is ALL that matters in this case, not what you think, not what you believe, not what you say, not what you conclude. You are not the center of the legal universe in this case and that's what REALLY bugs you, isn't it? And of course you can probably parlay your anger and rage and accusations into several more months of attacks that will make you and CNN a few more million dollars. Your motive is money and power and attention, nothing more important than that.

July 7, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  9. scott

nancy gracy is a moron......plain n simple. give it up, lady. a jury, found her innocent. not just any jury, a jury from the 2nd most blood thirsty conservative state, after texas. so shut up. hey nancy, dont go away mad, just go away. take greta van soustren with you, too, please!!!!

July 7, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. ld

PLEASE STOP COMPARING THIS TO THE OJ TRIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was a child....funny how we work so hard on abortion laws and yet let evidence slip through the system in actual cases!

July 7, 2011 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
    • JakeC

There WAS no evidence dope!

July 7, 2011 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  11. Rich

What a bunch of idiots in the jury and posting here defending that baby killer! Those jurors were hand picked sub humans with low IQ's who couldn't grasp the law. I hope they never sleep at night again. The jurors and you bunch of bleeding heart jerks who agree with them, should come into contact with your own personal OJs, Caseys and Jorans. I wonder if you would be as ignorant and forgiving to someone who commits a criminal act against you or your family members.

July 7, 2011 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. wasonajury

I served on jury for a week and let me say, I was appalled by some of the fellow jurors. One juror during deliberation was adamant that the defendant was not guilty. We were going around in a circle and when we went over with her the statements made by the witnesses and injured party, she asked us when during the trial was that information stated! We all had it in our notes. Needless to say we were incredulous knowing that this person spent a week not listening to facts and undisputed testimony! When it was pointed out, she started whining that she felt everyone else was making her feel inferior. Another juror wanted to deliberate a few more hours after we came to a verdict because he wanted to get a free lunch! Nancy called it right. It boils down to members in the jury.

July 7, 2011 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. avenger2616

I remember when HLN was an actual NEWS network-remember "Around the world in 30 minutes"? This has bothered me for quite some time, seeing "news" stories that are weeks old or longer as bumpers for promos for opinion shows disguised as news. This case has pretty well sealed HLN's credibility gap in my mind...

July 7, 2011 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
    • fayse

HLN has become the tabloid cable network. Look what has happened to Rupert Murdock's London tabloid rag. I hope that is an indication that his empire is about to collapse. Careful HLN, You trying to compete with Fox and most of us know what a skummy network is.

July 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Raj

Nancy grace is the reason i stopped listening/watching CNN. In my mind, CNN lost all credibility after encouraging this sick public prejudgement of casee anthony.

July 7, 2011 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
  15. Joe in Seattle

Nancy Grace's fame has been made cheaply exploiting murder victims for the sake of ratings. She'd be doing society a much bigger favor if she were back in the courtroom prosecuting criminals.

But, of course, screeching, "Guilty, Guilty, Guilty" on TV makes more money for her than actually making a difference.

We'll see you at the next "attractive white lady involved in a crime" story, Nancy.

July 7, 2011 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |