Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. James

People have been convicted and sentenced to death on less evidence (Scott Peterson) and sometimes even WITHOUT A BODY! I would have loved to have Casey innocent–not believe a mother could do that to her child–but there is enough evidence to find her guilty.

July 7, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. david

Many times the police arrest crime victims and the prosecutor refuses to believe it and prosecutes the innoncent person. I know I was one of those innocemt persons prosecuted and wrongfully convicted. The prosecutor wasn't there to witness the crime so who is she to say what happened?

July 7, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  3. Casey Anthony will write a book and become a millionaire

Casey will hopefully be released today. She has suffered enough. She will hopefully sue the PERsecution.

July 7, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. bbm

"Grace" in her name is an irony!

July 7, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. Spaceman

she is one angry looking lady

July 7, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. S.M.

My opinion. Fair is Foul.

IN FLORIDA, in the case of Casey Anthony, credit or blame goes to Judge Belvin Perry for the verdict of NOT GUILTY of the murder of Caylee Anthony, her toddler daughter.

Three reasons for this are:

(1) It was Judge Belvin Perry who selected the venue from which the jurors were selected. He had full control and was the one who made certain the jurors that would sit on this case came from a community that would be sympathetic to the kind of lifestyle Casey Anthony favoured: late nights, overnights, tattoos, partying, sleeping around, stealing, disrespecting her parents and lying.
    (2) It was Judge Belvin Perry who refused the prosecution’s attempts to exclude certain potential, unsuitable jurors from the panel, suggesting racial bias on the part of the prosecution.
    (3) It was Judge Belvin Perry who behaved unprofessionally and showed preferential bias toward the defence on countless occasions during the multiple sidebar discussions demonstrating a lack of decorum by joking, giggling, laughing and hee-hawing with the defence attorneys like good buddies having a beer together while in open court and before the jury.

If the verdict was not enough of a miscarriage of justice to digest, the turncoat media added insult to injury by becoming defenders of the faith. It was painful to watch the talking heads squirm into new suits. All those media spinners who spent the last 3 years acknowledging the case against Casey Anthony was to be tried and true, that the manner of death was homicide and that Casey Anthony was guilty, jumped ship, like rats running from a burning vessel. Now they climbed on board another train, praising Jose Baez, one whom they had recently nullified as a human being, as a great lawyer, and devising excuses why the defence was just and justified and declaring how they always said the jury is the arbiter of the case and other self-serving pronouncements.

Ms. Anthony avoided the death penalty. But the penalty was another story, apart from guilt. What goes around comes around. The justice system can temporarily wipe their hands of her, but Justice will prevail. Foul.

July 7, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
    • kathy

You are so right!

July 7, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Larry Merrill

The Judge did his job in the court. He is there to make sure the rules are followed to the law. His hands are basiclly tied. If he sways in his rulings he can lose on appeal. It's the rules of law that need ajusting. Even the U.S. Supreme court realizes that they cannot get a 100% vote from their own. That's why they allow majority rule. They are the ones to make they adjustments necessary or it WILL happen again and again. Start from the top down.

July 7, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Doodee Rustler

The PERSECUTION got their aces handed to them and have no one to blame butt themselves. LMAO!! HA HA HA. I love seeing these persecutors take it up the ass!!!

July 7, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
    • KL

Hey s.m. maybe your rant would be credible if you could spell the word defense!!!

July 7, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. JoJo

Noone knows the truth about what happened to Caylee, except Nancy Grace, of course. A parasite on television. Bored housewife tabloid crapola. You people should be ashamed for supporting such trash, but sheep will be sheep. Stay glued to your television, it's where you belong.

July 7, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Magda

right? Nancy is CRAZY. As a "former" prosecuter (she certainly sees nothing wrong with continuing to prosecute from the TV), she ought to respect that the JURY made a decision and some of the jurors have already STATED why (so why Nancy is still saying "I would ask them why they did what they did. I’d like to know why," i'm not sure, other than to fuel her own distorted nutso-ness .

I'm not saying I agree with the verdict, but saying, I’m trying to apply logic to people who were illogical in their jury deliberations, "is reprehensible. She apparently thinks that "Jury of 12 peers" means "lynch mob". Her statements are absolutely disrespectful and disgusting. Who imagines that the jurors felt good about letting Casey go on those three charges?

July 7, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joe BS

Nancy Grace – Friends Im here with you tonight to persecute everyone possible, they gave me my own TV show so I am judge jury and executioner friends (tears roll up in her eyes) Friends this is serious (evil glare into camera), friends this poor (woman, man, child) (cue more tears) was at the fate of this (evil, wretched, guilty) person (Angry face)... Gimme a break this lady seriously needs to go have a few drinks or something shes rolled up tighter then a wet towel.

July 7, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  9. kehinde oluremi sunday

In the best interest of nature,I believe one day the true story and role played by casey and caylee that amount to this gross misfortune will unfold itself,its just a function of time.
    In the interest of the justice system,we should all respect the jury's decisions,as a matter of fact before any one needs to be convicted someone should explain the real cause of caylee's death and lets take it up from there.
    For Nancy,we cannot always have it our way all the time as we are not part of the jury,they know why their decision is right,you cannot work on public opinion to determine who is right or wrong rather you would be unfair to a particular party in the matter.
    It started well and all end well but the truth to me remains in the air,waiting to be unravelled.

July 7, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  10. Kevin B

Dear CNN, please tally up all the comments for and against Nancy Grace. If 75% or more of the comments here criticize her work at CNN then please fire her.

July 7, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Weezy

The sooner the better.

July 7, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  11. RJ

God lets thousands of babies die every day and we worship Him. I don't get this double standard.

July 7, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
    • rj lover

i totally agree

July 7, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. Eaton Butts

The FL prosecution behaved in a typical fashion. Prosecutors get paid on number of convictions and NOT number of correct convictions. They attempted to play on emotion and it backfired BIG TIME!

HA HA HA!!!

July 7, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  13. Kevin B

Come on CNN, most people hate Nancy Grace. Please, fire her.

July 7, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Takin a Deuce

Yes please...she has worms.

July 7, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  14. Dave

no....you don't have to agree with the jury. but then again, I don't have to watch you either. How did your lawsuit come out from when you railed against some poor women who had lost a child and then she committed suicide? Last I heard Grace was being sued. What a dirtbag.

July 7, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
    • ted

Good...she needs to be tossed on TV and hopefully the lawsuit is a RAGING SUCCESS!!

July 7, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sam

nancy might lose her show now, good,don't let the door hit your old butt on the way out. LOL

July 7, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Canine Humper

We can only hope and pray.

July 7, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
    • phan

ummm... are you an idiot? do you know how much money nancy grace pumped into her station, cnn, newspapers, ect... she's gonna get a raise, not fired. were you on the jury?>.... because that is the 2nd dumbest thing ive heard since 'not guilty'

July 7, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |