Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. Jimbo

Yes, Nanch, you do have to agree with the jury. A person should be tried with a 12 member jury of his or her peers randomly selected from a cross section of society. This is justice. This whole jury manipulation and selection process is a travesty to our justice system. The legel system worked for Casy Anthony. The prossecution could not prove its case well enough to convince the jury. Period. Any jury will consist of flawed human beings just like us.
    None of us were there. None of us are omniscient nor are any of us omnipotent. REal justice is a fantasy because of this. We hope we got it right and most of the time when the facts and evidence are presented, the truth will rise to the surface and become clear. Sometimes the facts are too hazy and the evidence to ambiguous. When there isn't a high degree of certainty, the accused should go free. Karma or God will have to ultimately settle the matter. We have to accept the jurys decision. Nancy Grace is out to lunch and her opinion only adds to the errosion of our confidence in justice system.

July 7, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Another Chris

Well, it was Florida. I doubt they had to do much jury manipulation to find those 12 tards.

July 7, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. David

It's not just the drive for ratings: it's plain bad judgement, both on Grace's part and CNN for allowing this sort of yellow journalism. Grace is 0-for-two on high profile cases in which she got out early and championed for "victim's rights" does anyone at CNN remember her miserable performance in the Duke Lacrosse case? Now she is out there trying to defend herself and impugn the decision of 12 jurors. Grace needs to exercise some grace and bow quietly out, since she has disgraced herself and CNN. She has no credibility! If she doesn't go, CNN should let her go.

July 7, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. Scott

NG and the media are actually Satan and his demons who have taken the images of human beings. They are intent on destroying the U.S. with false-truths, lies, and deceipt. I think NG is Lucifer himself.

July 7, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  4. mickymo

I don't know which one I don't like more...Casey or Nancy. Although Casey is hot.

July 7, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. LAG

Glen Beck, Newt Gingritch, Nancy Grace, Carl Rove, Sarah Palin, Sharron Angle, Rush Limbaugh, Rupert Murdoch, and many more....

These are the people you listen to??? Pathetic.

July 7, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jules

Juror # 3 is saying that the jurors just could not find any evidence to get Casey for Murder. Well did they not read the countof aggravated CHILD ABUSE? That is just child abuse (which definately had evidence to prove) with a death. Yes the penalty is the same but the charge is much different that Murder 1. There was ample CHILD ABUSE and ended in death even if was an accident. DID THE JURORS NOT READ THAT CHARGE? THE EVIDENCE WAS DEFINATELY THERE FOR AGGRAVATED CHILD ABUSE no matter what those jurors say!!!

July 7, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. DMR

Nancy Grace is in part responsible for the lack of a conviction in this case. She forced the hand of the prosecution to go forward with a very weak case and evidence with many holes. Ms. Grace needs to be held accountable for her actions. Twice before the Georgia Supreme Court she was admonished for unprofessional conduct as a prosecutor. She never let a little thing like FACTS get between her desires for convictions at all costs, and the truth.

Ms. Grace is a symbol of what is wrong with the legal system, not what is right. Our law has been, since the founding of this nations, innocent until proven guilty. Ms Grace works by guilty until proven innocent. Her venom is intolerable and indicates a potential for some serious psycho-pathology on her part. She has on numerous occasions interfered with the investigation and prosecution process, especially in the Casey Anthony cases. It is clear the prosecution was pressured into going forward on a capital murder case with insufficient evidence. Much of that pressure was generated by Ms. Grace. At some point, likely very soon, the conduct of Ms. Grace will get to the point that a prosecutor will charge her with interference in the investigative and proprietorial process. At some point, again likely soon, Ms. Grace will slander someone to the point that she and CNN will face a considerable civil case, and not be on the winning side.

It is time for CNN and their parent company Time-Warner to cut all ties with Ms. Grace. She is a danger to the entire legal system of this country. Her automatic presumptions of guilt fly in the face of actual law, which is innocent until proven guilty.

July 7, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Jimbo

Well said DMR. Its good to read a cogent argument instead of a bunch of inflamatory accusations. Its good to know there are other intelligent, thinking people out there who understand the issues and how certain celebrities undermine our justice system and lead many others down the path of presuming someone is guilty without hearing all the facts or evidence. We can only restore the integrity of our justice system with people who understand that innocent until proven guilty is not an opinion, it is the basis of our legel system.

July 7, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  8. Don

NG Is inflaming weak people who may seek their own version of vigilante justice on Casey. What will NG say then? Will she sit back and applaud the murder of Casey if some hothead offs her? Or will she cover that person's trial for murdering Casey and support the murderer or support the prosecution.

July 7, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • FatSean

Indeed. Grace is a hideous evil woman with an evil heart. The best I can wish for her is that her death by cancer be swift and relatively painless.

July 7, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. hntrfmhades

could casey and/or her family members and others be charged under federal law(s) for violating the civil rights of Kaylee? Double jeopardy would not apply. It's been used in countless civil rights cases where the murder/manslaughter/etc ended up in not guity verdicts

July 7, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Screw trying her again, just set Dexter loose on her.

July 7, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  10. JustSayNoNow

Nancy is exactly right. All of you that disagree with her, need to 'learn' from her. Keep watching – you'll come around.

July 7, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Tanner Guthrie

JustSayNoNow: You are the kind of ignorant people that fuel CNN and the Nancy Grace show. She is unreasonable, retributive, and repulsive…much like a majority of the prosecutors in this country. The bottom line is that beyond a reasonable doubt is a high standard of proof for the state to overcome. They did not meet that burden, and the jury found her not guilty. We average 15,000+ murders a year in the USA…how many of those trials got media time? If Nancy wants to protect the innocent then maybe she should cover more than 1 murder out of the 45,000+ that have occurred in the last 3 years.

July 7, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  11. Charles in DSM,IA

Who cares what Nancy thinks, she is loud, repulsive, and a complete joke, too bad too, CNN used to do real talk news, now they do tabloid with people such as this. And yes, I came here just to post this, otherwise I would not read much less watch this obnoxious female.

July 7, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • pete theman

i agree absolutely with you ...... thats a compliment cos its pretty rare

she talks about casey profiting from this ..... tell me people who has profited most if not her

SHE HAS BEEN TRIED .....AND FOUND NOT GUILTY !!!!!!!!!!!!! GET OVER IT

BY THE WAY I PERSONALLY THINK SHE WAS GUILTY

July 7, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  12. LAG

She reminds me of the movie Scarface...

"Only you got a look on your face like you haven't been f@#$ed in months"

July 7, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. wondering

Totally agree. This journalist comes off as a person who is full of hate. Is that journalism ?

July 7, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  14. wondering

July 7, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. Ken

Whenever I click on any CNN news and Nancy Grace pops up as the commentator, I immediately abort the item. She is disgusting in the way she attacks anyone and everyone. She spent three years trying this case in the media. No one knows what happened to Caylee except her killer, and that person is unknown. There was clearly insufficient evidence for a conviction of Casey Anthony except in the mind of Nancy Grace. She should keep her mouth shut and stop trying to be judge and jury for everything that happens. She is not a journalist or commentator. She is a divisive and arrogant and is totally non-objective on anything. CNN should hand her a pink slip and hire someone who is sensible in her place.

July 7, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |