Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. Kendra

All these people talking about Nancy Grace well i am pretty sure you people watched her, you were the reason her ratings were so high! everybody has an opinion and there right to speak it! just as well as you don't like her, she sitting making money getting her name bigger because good or bad your still talking about her putting her in the media! It is not like her opinion is going to sway a judge there! so get over it!

July 7, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. annie

Nancy said: "The jury is the sole judge of facts, evidence and the law."

This is exactly what this jury did. This is in a nutshell exactly why they found her 'not guilty'. This was a case in which these jurors knew they were potentially sending this woman to her death with a guilty verdict. I don't know about anyone else, and I don't know what evidence Nancy Grace thinks she saw but had I been on that jury – no WAY could I have said beyond reasonable doubt that she was the one who murdered and disposed of that child. That she's a crazy, disturbed person seems quite clear. That she didn't display what we consider 'normal' grieving behavior at the loss of the daughter is absolutely troubling. Is she innocent? I really don't know – but I know for certain there simply wasn't enough to link her beyond reasonable doubt to this murder. Nancy Grace does no favors to the justice system in her baying for Anthony's blood. It's disgusting.

July 7, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. LADY

how about the defense team? laughing, and drinking champayne while Caylee death goes unvindicated. We all know the defense team knows she did it, but, the prosecution team did not prove it.

July 7, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Penis Buffet

@ Lady

Yea and had the persecution won they wouldve been drinking and celebrating. SO...What your point you OLD HAG!!!

July 7, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  4. olive

Casey looked very pretty in court this morning. Her hair down looking like the beaufiful princess she is. I would love to go down on her.

July 7, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mike from Calgary

Nancy Disgrace does agree, she is just DISAGREEABLE. She is an mean spirited petty old woman who has no respect for the law. She is truly a DISGRACE.
    Keeping this young woman in jail while George "pass me the duct tape" Anthony is free lets you know why American Justice and the American Economy is in tatters. Keeping her in jail just keeps the tab mounting for the taxpayer. In view of the mob mentality (reminds me of Tehran in '79) stoked by CNN & HLN, maybe those extra correction of public safety expenses are necessary.

July 7, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. Paul

NANCY IS FOUL, AN ANGRY-MOUTHED LEACH

July 7, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Darth Tater

I bet she also has heart worms.

July 7, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  7. Douglas John Bowen

Ms. Grace may have it backwards. The jury does not have to agree with her.

July 7, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joe

Nancy Grace needs to be taken off the air......

July 7, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. ezg

Why couldn't the jury convict Ms. Anthony on one of the lesser counts of Murder? The child was in her care, custody and control and her skeletal remains were found. Child endangerment, negligence, manslaughter, 2nd degree murder, there were so many other possibilities. Why were those not chosen?

July 7, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • ken

There was no proof that the child was with her mother last. Blame was put on the grandparents also in this case, so there was doubt that Casey was last to see her alive. MUCH DOUBT to the prosecution's case they presented. Sad verdict though.

July 7, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Because the state did not give the option for a lesser charge!!!!!!! They swung for the fence and never touched the ball.

July 7, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • SLH

Because she wasn't charged with lesser counts of murder. You can't be found guilty of something that you have been charged with.

July 7, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • SLH

Ooops...meant you can't be found guilty of something you have NOT been charged with.

July 7, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  10. Vera Breeding

My great fear has been not whether Casey Anthony was guilty or not but that CNN Headline News would be the agency to decide guilt or innocence – sure, get those ratings up and go to hell Nancy Grace.

July 7, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  11. CoreyD

"Juries have been watching too much "CSI" – they want murder weapon, DNA, fingerprints." Yeah, that stuff is called 'evidence,' and believe it or not, the concept of 'evidence' has existed before the show CSI came on the air. Convicting people without evidence makes absolutely no sense...NG is seriously nuts

July 7, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • David

That is true "CoreyD" but I think Grace is saying that folks in this country live vicariously through TV and the media so much today, that this is the only information that they get. So in turn, their personalities are manipulated by fantasy and they think CSI is reality. Think of how we would be if we had no TV or radio such as it was 200 years ago? People were people; plain and simple. No hype, no NG. People like her would have been tarred and feathered, not idolized. There is a large percentage of the American population that watches TV 24/7 and this is their "schooling". Sad but true.

July 7, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • nellage

you not only not understand what evidence is but probably also do not realize that this was a mother who killed her daughter with her own hands – most what could be used as evidence if a stranger committed a crime with a weapon was not applicable here. have you ever heard of babies shaken to death by their parents? where is the evidence and the murder weapon here – yet would you not find a person who does this guilty of murder??

July 7, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill Kilpatrick

Nancy Grace needs to get a life. If she wants to try cases, let her go back to prosecuting. If she wants to be a journalist, let her learn some objectivity. If I never again hear the words "tot mom," it'll be too soon. HLN has become the Fox News equivalent of Court TV, with overblown rhetoric and an editorial page that dwarfs the actual news. Lots of people were stunned by the verdict but only people like Nancy Grace refuse to thank or understand the 12 jurors who put their lives on hold to sift through the evidence and follow the jury instructions.

July 7, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. Zipperhead1968

For those ppl saying "she was found not guilty. Get over it!" May you never have a loved one taken from you, have heinous acts done to them and killed w/the guilty brought to trial and then found NOT guilty for which they are being accused of doing to your loved one, I say to you WE DO NOT WANT TO HEAR FROM YOUR SORRY ASSES ABOUT THE INJUSTICE, WE DO NOT WANT TO HEAR YOUR WHINING & WANTING COMFORT. GET OVER IT! When you, the Anthony Supporters, and you the jurors, need justice may you NOT receive it & may you drown in your sorrow, pain, and tears

July 7, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill Kilpatrick

Being a victim does not give you special rights, including the right to ignore the rules and invent your own version of justice. It's frustrating that someone would lie to those trying to help her find her child, only to lead them on a wild goose chase, while she – or someone near her – dumped the child in a nearby swamp. Casey Anthony deserves four years for that – three of which she has already served. But there were enough gaps in the evidence for a jury to stop short of a guilty verdict for murder. The state swung for the fences and lost. This is not about you and your unhealed issues. If you want to make the world a better place, support better laws.

July 7, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  13. Doug

I don't know how she keeps her job with CNN. There's obviously more people who dislike her than otherwise. I don't think the people who work with her like her.

July 7, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill Kilpatrick

CNN has been flanked by Fox News, which cares less about objectivity than about ratings. Nancy Grace is just Rush Limbaugh in drag. She cares more bout ratings than about journalistic standards.

July 7, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  14. John N Florida

Nancy Grace is the Poster Child for Prosecutorial Misconduct. You don't have to trust Wiki. Each case can be looked up from the links. I've done it.
    The First Amendment gives Ms. Grace the Right to Speak.
    Nothing in that Amendment requires us to be stupid enough to listen.

July 7, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  15. MAX

although nancy grace i believe is right she's a hack a pig a disgusting redneck beeatch living off other peoples misery

July 7, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |