Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. anthony gaston

Ms. Grace quite often touts her record as a prosecutor. That is pitiful support for her positions. Msl Grace was a political appointee in Atlanta. She was not a career prosecutor, but served not justice, but her elected district attorney. If he filed a case, her job was to make it stick, guilty or not.

As a result, three times the Georgia Supreme Court cited her for unethical courtroom behavior. She was once cited for putting forth false testimony, and knowingly so. I wonder how the people at CNN sleep nights knowing that they have let loose upon the world, a bigoted, "convict at any cost" lawyer loose upon the world. I have no doubt that if it came to pass that a defendant was in Rome conversing with the Pope at the time of the murder, Grace would call the Pope a liar.

Grace has no respect for our system of laws. Every time a jury disagrees with her, she defames the jurors. They are stupid, they are liars, they are tantamount to traitors to our way of life.
    Thank god the jury was sequestered and did not have to be exposed to the sadistic diatribe of a Nancy Grace.

July 7, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Mr. Gaston is absolutely correct about Nancy Grace.

Ms. Grace is merely a blond " mouth piece" who rants and rages with misinformation and accusation, often her own totally made up inuendo and hearsay in her " little universe" solely for one reason alone which is to deliver CNN's ratings and $$$$.

Once that stops, and she looses her CNN gig, she would be back in the Atlanta, Georgia bowling ally serving drinks where she started before she went to law school.

Wake up America.

July 7, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • hamburger steak

Not only is grace a lying swathy lunatic but also just butt ugly. Look at those eyes jutting out the side of her head like a hammerhead shark. She also appears to have a less noticable form of downs syndrome but its there.

MY GOD why did you curse us with such a creature???

If I had a dog as ugly as Nancy Grace I would cut off its tail and make it walk backwards.

July 7, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. brian

nancy grace is a joke. anyone who takes her seriously is an even bigger joke. did anyone forget that this poor excuse of a journalist made an innocent woman commit suicide? or when she almost made Elizabeth smart cry? you people make me sick

July 7, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dennis

Perhaps we should replace the jury with a national popularity contest? I served on a jury (as an alternate) that sent a man to prison for 25 to life on no real evidence, just based on his character! If I am ever a defendant I want the jury to evaluate the evidence, not what they personally think about me as is required by law!

July 7, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. VT_Citizen

Thank whatever god you believe in that she isn't a judge.

July 7, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Chris

First of all....do not blame Nancy Grace for peoples' emotions about this case. I did not watch any of her shows and still have a great amount of anger and dismay over the verdict. Nancy was not the only one to cover it and as long as the courts allow cameras and audiences in the courtroom you are going to have journalists and analysts covering trials. It is a sensational case because any normal parent out there or any human being with compassion would be upset about this. Even if her death was accidental no normal parent would bury their child for the animals to feed on. Please do not pretend to believe Casey is innocent. I feel the biggest mistake was going for the death penalty. If they had tried her for manslaughter I would hope for a different outcome. They just did not have the courage to convict her. And based on some of the people on the jury it is not a real surprise they would let her off. Some of them also had bad behavior. Rest in Peace little girl and let's hope her poor excuse for a mother does not get to make millions. Any television station, magazine, publishing company or newspaper that would pay her for her story are as sleazy her.

July 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Work

No, moron, they didn't convict her because the evidence was just not good enough. I can understand you not comprehending this, but when "such an amazing prosecutor" who has watched and commented on every moment of this case such as Nancy Grace can't understand the "not guilty" verdict is where all I can do is laugh.

July 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judge Charles Lynch

Blame Nancy Grace? Of course. Tot mom, tot mom, tot mom. She went after that woman the way Hitler went after the Jews.

July 7, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. reasonable thought

I heart Nancy Grace. Thank you, Nancy, for your indepth reporting. Keep it coming.

July 7, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Axelrod

Fortunately, Nancy Grace is celebrity for simply being celebrity. If she had any worth as a prosecutor, she would decry the lack of evidence and poor prosecution of the case. The short deliberation shows that there were likely 9 jurors who decided on acquittal as they began those deliberations. She a Neil Boortz in drag.

July 7, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. graphophone

Regarding the First Amendment and the right to free speech, would it not be incautious to assert publicly, as Nancy Grace has so evinced in this article, that Casey Anthony "murdered her daughter," Caylee? Ms. Anthony has been adjudged by a jury of her peers to be not guilty of committing any crime, especially one of murder, against Caylee. Consequently, could accusing one of such an action, as Ms. Grace has done to Ms. Anthony in this article, be considered slanderous behavior?

July 7, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. MEHATEYOU

Nancy Grace is a piece of trash! She was wrong and can't handle it. Her and the media didn't get their way and now all the trivial B.S. is coming out of the woodworks by Nancy herself. Nancy, you started this storm and the tornado hit your house, take your licks and move on. Show a little "GRACE" pun intended, and admit you are wrong. The jury has spoken and I wish the networks would too and cancel your pathetic show!

July 7, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Work

I would love for some piece of DNA evidence to somehow be discovered in a few years down the road which completely proves Casey's innocence just to make Nancy Grace shut upppp... I never heard her take back all the horrible things she said about the Duke lax team, but this case is she's been 100x more vocal.

July 7, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. NancyGraceSucks

Melinda Duckett Suicide After Nancy Grace Interview: 2006

Duckett's family members disputed any suggestion that she hurt her son. They said that the strain of her son's disappearance pushed her to the brink, and the media sent her over the edge.

"Nancy Grace and the others, they just bashed her to the end," Duckett's grandfather Bill Eubank told the Associate Press Tuesday.

Some media analysts agree, saying Grace's interview went too far.

"How is that questioning doing anything but making a person in a desperate situation feeling even more desperate?" said Hub Brown, a professor at Syracuse University's Newhouse School of Communications.

July 7, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judge Charles Lynch

We'll never know if the child could have been found alive, because the investigation began to focus on Melinda herself and the search stopped.

July 7, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. NancyGraceSucks

Nancy – resign now before CNN fires you...it will look better on your resume! LOL!

July 7, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. somuchfor

This is actually the first reasonable public statement and account from Nancy Grace. Take away away the emotional form of speech and put it in text and what she says makes sense. Personally I can't stand watching her on video/broadcast but this is a good interview.

July 7, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kat

NO ONE should give these jurors any airtime.

July 7, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Charlie

Dear CNN, "Lord" should be written with a capital "L". Show some respect.

July 7, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |