Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. musings

She's right to say that trials should always be public. Perish the thought that it should all happen behind closed doors. Our founding fathers lived in a world where there were killings too. This may have been a sensational trial, but the principles applied are the same as they would have been in past eras. In the late 19th century, Lizzie Borden was acquitted of murdering her parents, but the sense that she had actually been the murderer persisted in a jump-rope rhyme.

I think that some jurors may have believed that Casey killed her daughter in a fit of rage and covered it up. There were jurors themselves with a history of violence. Others may have bought the drowning story. Still others might have felt it had involved a stranger abduction. But when they got together, they saw the tender photos of mother and daughter and the demeanor of an attractive, distressed young woman. They decided to cut her a break. If you asked the jury about Lizzie Borden, you might find something similar – the idea that an otherwise decent young woman could not really be a murderess (even if she lapsed once – or twice).

Two juries separated by time and region, coming to what looks at a distance to have been an irrational decision.

July 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bourneblogger

God I hate NG... Like the juror's former DUI had anything to do with this case, why he said not guilty, and why every other juror said not guilty... She's such a hack...

July 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dan Gleason

Yes, you'd have to take a spelling test and learn how to spell Casey. Just not sure you could qualify under the triple-digit IQ rule.

July 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Larry O

No Fingerprints, NO DNA of Mrs. Anthony. You are a lawyer what did you expect!!!. No real evidence that she was the killer or in on a family secret!!!. You have just lost a fan Mrs. Disgrace!!!!

July 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. RC

Nancy Grace knows what she's talking about.. The case is absolutely clear to anyone who took in the evidence. The jurors were incompetent and swindled by the defense basically. They WANTED to believe Casey was innocent, but they weren't looking at the actual facts unfortunately – just a false alternative carefully crafted by the snake known as her lawyer.

July 6, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff h

The problem is that there were no facts that could prove anything, wake up!

July 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • carla

someone said "absolutely clear to anyone who took in the evidence" I do believe they took in the evidence more than we did. How do you know that ND is so correct? I hope I'm never in trouble for something and have to face someone such as you. You would rather believe a T.V personality than the verdict. We may not like the verdict or even agree with it but anyone other than those in the courtroom took in the evidence.

July 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeff h

Who watches Nancy Grace, does she even have a show anymore?
    Just curious.

I watched her for a few minutes a long time ago and could not stand her, she is kind of creepy.

July 6, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. paul

I'm not a fan of nancy grace's shtick personally, but she is right that the she can say whatever she wants thanks to freedom of speech. Where I have issue is CNN putting her on HLN for the verdict reading. If you want to have Nancy and that other nutjob lady rant and rave on their own shows, that's fine. But when you put Nancy and her admitedly biased views, in to cover real breaking news on HLN you are hurting the creditability of HLN's news crew. I thought CNN was supposed to be the last balanced cable news network?

Yes, HLN garnered high ratings for the verdict, but that's only because 90% of people switched over to watch Nancy's massive head explode afterwards.

July 6, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Name*Debbie baham

I believe in my heart that she killed her daughter and does not have a conscience and hope she is haunted the rest of her life!!!! I also believe they new she did it !!!

July 6, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ed Sr

The truth is coming out...........................if anyone should care to read it...............the REASON Nancy Grace came to CNN as a commentator on crime and is no longer a criminal prosecutor is BECAUSE she was SANCTIONED by the courts several times for OVER REACHING in cases she tried...............well Nancy...........the truth hurts but the truth is out.............you are a hanging prosecutor who never believed in justice...........just punishment regardless of the truth of the crime purportedly committed.

July 6, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • carla

Ed Sr. When is this "news" coming out? I do believe she is biased but I would think any defense or prosecuting attorneys are. I believe she went into law after her former fiance' was murdered. As horrible as that is, it definitely would explain ND's hostile remarks on about pretty much anything. If I was in trouble, I would was her as a defense attorney but would never want to meet her on the other side of the bench. yikes.

July 6, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. likeminded

Nancy, you go girl, I'm ticked at the verdict also. I believe America is aching because of the wrong verdict. People will immediately start looking for a dog (pet) when they discover it's missing. Posting fliers, stopping people and asking them have you seen a dog loose? Some people offer rewards. We have "Amber Alert" for missing children. We have "911" for emergencies (accidental pool drowing). Prison for murderers where the "TOT" murderer should be!!!

July 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uncle Ellroy

Huh?

July 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Burden of Proof

Nancy Grace is a former lawyer who stands firmly behind the principle of "GUILTY until proven innocent."

July 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. carla

ND has totally confused me. She says to respect the juries decision but somehow she "KNOWS" that "tot mom" is guilty. Was she seeing something we didn't see? Was she privy to evidence that we weren't? For one, I hope we never hear the term "tot mom" again. That was totally for ratings. I'm sure we all have our opinions about the verdict,. but it is what it is and it can't be undone. Kristen, you are so right about her interrupting her panel. She puts on experts and then degrades them on air. I'm sure they get their exposure but who would want that kind?

July 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lloyd Anstey

RE: Nancy Grace.....make her go away!!! She is a complete embarasment!!!!! My God what a tool!!!

July 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Wellthen

she doesn't have to agree, but we don't have to agree with her either. she seems to lose sight of that by chewing off the head of anyone who disagrees with her. Also, very poor taste for her to tear the jury apart the way she has been doing..bringing up their past, etc. Take this woman off TV already. Nancy Disgrace.

July 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

where does freedom of speech figure into your lame attack against Nancy – please – even a complete idiot knows she's guilty – my only hope is that Casey has a front row seat in hell !

July 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Alton

Nancy is pretty BUT mean as a snake. Her eyes and entire demeanor smacks with hostility; indeed, it even appoaches HATE for mankind. Its VERY easy to see how a courtroom setting, prosecuting in particular, would be HER thing. Her greatest thrill would be in watching the worm turn as she sticks him/her with a pin of WHAT SHE defines as justice.
    And yes, without ANY doubt, after she socks it to her victim – THAT would amount to her s. climax for the month. She does'nt need a husband or boyfriend.

July 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan Gleason

I agree with everying you say except "pretty." Are you wearing beer goggles???? I would just as soon snuggle up beside a sow.

July 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nyarlathotep

Agreed. Her contempt for due process and her belittling of the tough decisions the regular folks on the jury needed to make is disgusting. And, of course, she believes in an angry, vengeful version of god.

July 6, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOregon

"Nancy is pretty..."
      Each to their own I guess. I'm glad your standards aren't too high.

July 6, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |