Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. Gloria

Motor Mouth: No more "TOT MOM". Enough already.

July 7, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • HotinSun

So many rocks thrown from glass houses. Anyone posting, including Nancy Grace would seek the help of a defense attorney if accused of a crime. My discouragement with Nancy Grace is that she seems to have forgotten that the rights of the accused to a defense is just as important as the right of the state to prosecute a criminal in good faith.

Nancy Grace needs to stop playing the 13th Juror. It undermines and does not serve Justice.

July 8, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sorry4TheLittleGirl

I'd pay money to watch Nancy Grace do Karate on Ms. Anthony!

July 7, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Nomi

I am appalled at the verdict in this case. The Prosecution, in my opinion did an excellent job. All things(eivdence, etc)pointed to noone but Casey Anthony. I think the entire group of Prosecutors did an excellent job all around. AND coming from me, that is a compliment...I am not keen on Prosectutors per se, because my sister was convicted in a tragic family event, on much less than they had on Casey. She was never considered innocent, from day one. Unfortunately, she had a judge who is known to be pro-prosecutor, and a state appointed attorney, who was a mouse, compared to the spitfire female D.A. In fact the state I'm in is pro-prosecutor. I have read about, and heard a lot of trials, I thought the defense was a batch of confusion, that made no sense at all. I thought the lawyers did everything they could to confuse people, and apparently, they succeeded with the 12 who decided this case. I think its a discredit to the Judicial System that this happened. I think that may have been a factor in this weird verdict. There has been no justice for that precious little girl...however her Mom got her wish...now she can be a party girl, with no little Caylee to cramp her style. Ever since my sister's unfair conviction, I have had very little confidence in the "justice" system. This "circus" allowed to go on by the defense lawyers in this case, has not elevate my opinion, any, at all. What a shame for that adorable little girl. I see this as a travesty, and this precious child was by no means a "winner" in it.

July 7, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • HotinSun

I understand your frustration but your depiction of the defense in this case is not exactly objective. As cooler heads prevail it becomes clear that the verdict is not reflective of the performance of the prosecution. It is simply a matter of insufficient EVIDENCE to support the charges.

July 8, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ann Malec

Casey was known as a party girl. Do you think on June 16, 2008 she may have been under the influence of drugs or alcohol that impaired her judgement and something bad happened?

July 7, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Katherine

I enjoyed today's interview of Nancy Grace in John King. Nancy was straight and brilliant with her comments and answers specially when asked about negative opinions from the public and others towards her. Nancy, we admire you and follow you anywhere because you care and you say it like it is!

July 7, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. lindsey bales

casey anthony got away with murder! she killed her little girl. then when she got the verdict back she cried for herself. you never seen her cry over her baby girl being dead. she is sick, but that is not a reason to kill your little girl. i am sick this whole country is sick over this. but you know it doesn't matter that the jury didn't do the right thing. she will one day have to answer to God for what she has done. and when that happens i sure am going to be glad i'm not casey anthony having to answer to God for killing my own child. but then again if i was casey anthony i wouldn't have drugged duck taped and threw my baby girl in the mud and diry and then go lay up with my boyfriend and not think again about it. one things for sure there is no justice in this world. well at least not for caylee anthony,

July 7, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • HotinSun

I agree that this case is tragic and perhaps in civil court she may be found liable. But please do not continue to accuse and defame someone that exercised their rights to face their accuser and confront the evidence against them. The jurors did not feel that the evidence supported and accusation of murder, even if there was a cover-up of a terrible accident. Manslaughter and Murder are two different things "just saying"

July 8, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. doug

though i do think casey had something to do with her daughters death, the jury did a great job in the verdict because there was no concrete evidence. And nancy grace scares me, she was naming off the jurors on her show after the verdict like some hit list.

July 7, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. FOCUS ~ GUILTY PARENTING

Is Casey responsible for the rearing of Caylee especially the care, love, and guidance given by a parent....Neglect must have taken place some time before the thirty or so days took place... what's up with that.

July 7, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. mollie massa

There should be a law about not reporting your child missing for 30 something days. The punishment should be as much as murder of a child.

July 7, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • JNAP

Mollie – Perfectly said. End of story right there.

July 7, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. nadia

Nancy,
    I'm sick, there is a village missing their 12 idiots! juror 3 who stated she could not understand how the chloroform got from one place to the other so that made it an "accident" really??? you never took notes, or Meticulously go over the Evidence and take the time to understand what really happened, last time i checked with common sense finding a triple bagged body in a wooded area never equated to an accident!! it was clear they wanted to get this over with so 11 short hours later they sucker punched us.
    I hope everyone who can, will pull a "Goldman" on her, OJ might have gotten away with murder but the Goldmans made sure he went through a revolving door of the justice system and pay.... I hope Casey does not gain a cent off of this so I hope the state hits her so hard with a bill she won't have a lifetime to ever pay it off and the Grunds, Zenaida and anyone else who got sucked in take a number and collect.

July 7, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • HotinSun

the greatest Justice System in the world only works when you agree with the verdict. Really?

July 8, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  11. Sad example of a real journalist !

Just another bad reality show host, making the most of fanning the flames instead of reporting the news. HLN the garbarge jump of bad journalism and Nancy Grace host.

July 7, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mark

Trials should not be a public display. that is why they have court rooms and jurors. Nancy Grace is performing a witch hunt, and Nancy Grace is the witch.

July 7, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. yvonne thompson

i just want to let you know nancy you are great for what you are doing for caylee. I have been watching this trial from the start and i can not see why the jurors came up with what they did they did not look at the whole picture. I know myself i am not a person that cares about the prosecutions side just because of personal reasons but on this case they proved that she was quilty i just think that they were done and did not want to be there anymore cause the one juror got on tv and said she did not know who would be considered caylee caregiver hello she left with caylee that day and was the last person to see her alive did they not hear that part, i do not know if i would say she should have been put to death but she sure should have spent the rest of her life in prison, but i think now it is in gods hand and carma is a bad thing to mess with. And the way she acted towards her brother there is something more going on there that no one is talking about that is why the defensive team did not go after him like they did the rest of the family keep up a good job nancy

July 7, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jeannie

Sounds like the jurors were picked from the dregs of society. I doubt there is one brain cell among the 12 of them. God Bless Nancy Grace!

July 8, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  15. Linda2148

Please Nancy, you need to leave your show and just take care of your kids. You are too invested in this case and have let ratings and your opinions influence your behavior. You have spewed anger, hatred and prejudice on air until your viewers have worked themselves into a frenzy. Please leave. Please!!

July 8, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |