Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. Danny

I ASK THAT CNN FIRE NANCY GRACE. I FILED A COMPLAINT LAST NIGHT AND I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO ASK FOR HER RESIGNATION BASED ON HER DISPARAGING REMARKS ABOUT THE JURORS AND NEGATIVE COVERAGE OF THE VERDICT! SHE CROSSED THE LINE OF PROFESSIONALISM IN DISPARAGNG JURORS, COMMENTING ON THEIR INCLINATION TO AUTOMATICALLY ACQUIT AND CALLING INTO QUESTION SOME OF THE JURORS SUITABILITY TO SERVE.

HER INCOHERENT RESPONSE IS BELOW:

July 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • iBod

You know, I really did like Rick Sanchez...Good journalist, but didn't know when to keep his mouth shut....This cow just throws constant demeaning and stereotypical slurs all the time! It's insulting and embarrassing for CNN...Just toss her already!

July 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thinkingman

Nancy doesn't enjoy the same privilege of immunity for slander that a real prosecutor foes. Her unequivocal pronouncement of Anthony's guilt it outright slander, and I hope Anthony's lawyers persuade her to sue Nancy for every penny she has or will earn. The woman (Nancy) is a disgrace.

July 6, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brett Henthorn

I am willing to bet money that millions of people agree with Ms. Grace. However, no one is asking OUR opinions. Thank you Nancy for saying what you "Feel", you have many many in agreement with you. Sorry Caylee, your mother got away with killing you and your Grandparents helped her.

July 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shereallyiscrazy

I think the woman is unhinged. I used to think it was just her personal brand or media image, but I now truly think she has some sort of rage-induced mental illness. We have all been disgusted by the outcome of a trial or some type of perceived injustice, but every day this woman conducts herself like some Law & Order "rogue DA" character come to life. I really think she would murder Casey Anthony if given the chance, and it would be less about justice than her own narcissism.

July 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anne-Marie

I agree with you Danny. She should be fired, she has a social responsibility due to her fame and she has defamed and slandered Casey. She was acquitted by jurors who were not part of Nancy's followers and who were looking at the evidence presented by the prosecutors who failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Nancy would have been the sort of person to lead a witch hunt a few hundred years ago, that is why the trial system is secure against people like Nancy today

July 6, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Anthony S

It seems that Nancy "the blonde bimbo of justice" Grace could get a conviction in the court of public opinion but in the real world where most of us live the wheels of justice turned. You may not agree with the verdict and really doesn't make any difference. Ms Anthony had her day in court, the prosecution had their chance to bring about a conviction but the jury saw a different picture. The verdict was rendered case closed.

Yes John D.H. she is a lawyer and a prosecuting attorney former Atlanta D.A I believe. She left there and sold her soul to CNN for the almighty dollar. They gave her a stage where she can spew venom and most likely because she couldn't cut as a real D.A or a lawyer. She is a very sad person and needs to be removed from the airwaves. Do us a favor Nancy call Dr. "dud" Drew maybe he can help you with your anger issues, cause hon you got issues that you never got resolved from your past, and it's becoming irritating for the rest of us.

July 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thinkingman

Mike Nifong is an attorney and former prosecutor, too. He and Nancy must have gone to the same school. Both of them were shamelessly wrong in their relentless prosecution /persecution of the Duke lacrosse players. Only one of them lost their job. Why?

July 6, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Name*Rhonda stidham

Nancy you are so right. I'm still upset about the verdict. Why didn't they convict her of child neglect. I hope her parents give her "tough love" and not let her come home.

July 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. iBod

This is all I've heard in the past twenty-four hours: "Our justice system failed"..."Blame the jury"..."I lost faith in our justice system"...
    Yeah, well I lost faith in our Education System...I'll stand unbiased against or for Casey Anthony, but I will say, the Justice System worked in this trial the way it has done so for the past two centuries–No failure, No fault, No illegality. If you have a problem with the decision in this case, it's your own stupidity for getting so emotionally attached to it...If you are so emotionally attached that you are now protesting over this and/or agreeing with the nonsense-statements Nancy Grace is making, I recommend you call a psychiatrist as soon as possible. However, I will say, if anyone is to blame for the verdict in this case–plain and simple–it's the Prosecution for charging her with Murder, and then poorly delivering the evidence at trial.

July 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. J

If the court of law says that Casey is innocent as Nancy Grace is still calling her a murderer and saying she murdered her daughter, does that not count as defamation? Just curious.

July 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Chris Kringle

Headline News anchor says stay tuned for more prime time news. That news includes one story the Casey Anthony story 24-7. So how can you actually call your channel Headline News. It should be called the Rag Magazine Channel!

July 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. nemo

Nancy grace is an evil inbred...she should be sued by casey for slander....besides...I think nancy did it!!!!!!

July 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Donna Collier

We need to pass a law that jurors can not profit off interviews. This is crazy – no wonder those people wanted to be on the jury. What can we the people do to ensure jurors do not profit????????????

July 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jeff S

I'm not really sure Mrs. Grace understands our judicial system. She speaks as if "tot mom," as she calls her, is guilty. Even says she is guilty. And yet our judicial system bases itself on the tenet that to be guilty you have to be convicted in a court of law. I must have missed where this woman was convicted of killing her daughter in a court of law. I think its time to stop referring to this woman as guilty. I don't follow Mrs. Grace, dont watch tv much at all, but I'm pretty sure Mrs. Grace believed this woman was guilty before all the evidence was heard in court. That to me is enough to tell me Mrs. Grace doesn't really believe in the idea that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

July 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

Thank you I totally agree!

July 6, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Slooptb

If I hear "bombshell" one more time .....
    Nancy Grace manipulated the case to improve ratings on a one theme show. If she didn't realize the verdict to acquit was immanent then she thinks to highly of herself as an attorney. Bombshell..., Nancy Grace is a disgrace

July 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Nancy DISgrace

From the minute this story broke (a couple of years ago), Ms. Grace was hammering Casey Anthony before Casey even was arraigned. Ms. Grace gets an undereducated group of viewers and a bunch of blue haire retired gossipmongers to whip her nationally televised vigilante sqaud (to call it a show is like calling the 1933 Nurenburg Nazi Rally a sensible, rational political gathering). Furthermore, while Ms. Grace clings to the First Amendment, she needs to understand that it protects not only LAWYERS like herself but also folks like Larry Flynt, and other people Ms. Grace finds undesireable. CNN wishes to distance itself from FOX News, but with Ms. Grace, it is the "stove calling the kettle black".

July 6, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. John

What evidence that is irrefutable to prove that she murdered her daughter? Saying that she is guilty is an opinion. Saying she abused her late daughter is an opinion. When there is proven evidence, then you can state she is what you believe.

July 6, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. NewsRaider

Nancy Grace's show is not news; it's not a play-by-play of anything. She basically TELLS people they better agree with her while they are on the show. She is boisterous ... To say anything good about her. CNN certainly could find someone better. She is pathetically opinionated and biased against men. She has no value. Nancy Grace is dancing with the devil.

July 6, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. NancyBGone

Nancy is sure that "tot mom" killed Caylee but she doesn't say that Casey Anthony is tot mom. Nancy never mentions Casey by name in the interview. Maybe criminal tot mom is on the loose.

CNN please get rid of Nancy Disgrace as soon as today if possible.

July 6, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna brantham

u r insane! Nancy Grace is not in question. Nancy Grace did not kill her child. Tot Mom "CASEY MARIE ANTHONY" murdered her precious child and left her out to rot for 31DAYS.

July 6, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • SailorGary

You arte a horses ass if you think she had nothing to do with her daughters death.....while I believe she didnt intend to kill her daughter....I do believe she chloroformed her and duct taped her to keep her quiet in the trunk.....In the hopes that she could go party and that caylee would sleep through it all.....I believe caylee suffocated, and tot mom (Casey) then tried to cover the whole thing up and lied, and lied, and lied, and partied, and got tattooed "The Beautiful Life".....actions reveal character.....her actions clearly defined the type of person she was and is. I feel sorry for the family of this lying psychopath(CASEY)!

July 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tarea

Nancy Grace has the courage to speak her mind in a public forum. If you don't agree with her views don't watch or listen. Your reaction is extreme and putting Nancy Grace down is more a reflection of you not her. Whether you like it or not, Nancy is a brilliant woman who has dedicated her life to advocating for victims of crime via the justice system. What have you done lately that may compare...besides complain?

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. CnnDC

Nancy – It is amazing you have to go on on to show that you disagree with the jury and the verdict went against what you wanted and predicted. Are you blaming the jury? Is it possible you are biased? Is is possible you lost the edge to be on national television and provide unbiased opinion? Aren't you supposed to accept the verdict of the jury and move on?

July 6, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna brantham

the whole country is in an upheaval over Casey's actions...SHE MURDERED HER DAUGHTER. She would've been safer in jail than on the streets. oh...poor her.....maybe someone will find her remains with tape over her lying mouth.

July 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |