Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. Anthony

The trouble is this trial was played out on TV, it was treated in the same way as Pop Idol etc and Nancy Grace and othes turned from a trial to an entertainment , it became good for viewing numbers and she is trying to keep those numbers up.

TV turned a trial into a "whodunnit" Tv serial and when the result was unexpected people were angry.

My feeling is the whole family is is involved, not just Casey.

USA has the best system in the world for justice expect when the "other "side win.You are all bound by law to accept the result, regardless whether you like it or not.

Look at the lessons and protect the fu

Grieve for Calee , Look at the lessons and protect the future childrens whereever possible, now the world must move on .

July 9, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cliff

Nancy Disgrace. Only give her the time and attention to show her for the disgrace she is not only to the legal profession but to humanity as a whole. Of, course, this is only my opinion.

July 9, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • lotusjani

Yes! the whole family was involved in it. They got under the bus themselves to save the killer!

July 10, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. David W Fowler

At this point...NOTHING matters but the fact that this little girl is gone and her Murderer(s) are walking free...I only hope and Pray that one day They get EVERYTHING they deserve!!!!!!!

July 9, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony

I apologize for my bad spelling

July 9, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nicole

To David fowler!
      100% AGREE!
      Way to say it!

July 9, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Judith

Why isn't Nancy Grace still in the courtroom seeking the "instant gratification" (her words) she derived when (again her words) "I put someone behind bars or represented crime victims, I knew I had a done a good thing by speaking for people who couldn’t speak for themselves. I don’t get that immediate gratification from being on TV."

Perhaps not, but I imagine the $$$ is much better, the attention much greater, and the bully pulpit much louder and longer-lasting, eh Nancy? Just think how long you can milk aspects of this story and keep the public inflamed until you're ready to move on - dumb jurors, Tot Mom's life will be hell, will she profit monetarily, will she be stalked?

Much material here for you, Nancy. Not to mention the interviews with mainstream media sources like CNN that spread your venom even further. Oh yes, the freedom of speech you enjoy (without the attendant responsibilities) provides its own form of instant gratification.

July 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Harris

Apparently she was known to be a pretty lousy prosecutor (easily researched online). Likely would've gotten the same verdict, but anyway, yes, she's in the ghoul business now.

July 10, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. Nicole

I never once said that Casey Anthony is innocent in this! I believe with mt whole heart she's a sick liar who is to blame for her little Caylee's death! However I just have a hard time belieiving it wasn't an accident, which still doesn't make it right! Do not judge me or my opinions!
    I do not want to put all my energy into Casey!
    My energy and thoughts in this case are in little Caylee and her poor grandmother who has been put through hell!
    Some people need to stop giving all this attention to Casey and remember who is truely important here and that is Caylee!!

July 9, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. grp6264

I don't agree with the jury either. Even if they went with the defense theory that she had drowned, did she do CPR on her when she was found? Did she attempt to save her ? What medical background does she have to say her daughter was beyond saving? By not calling 911 she prevented Casey from getting the best care possible and not giving them a chance to save her. Wether her father found her or not she was there and as the primary caregiver she did not provide help for her daughter therefore aided in her death that's at least manslaughter.

July 9, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Stevereeno

Dear Nancy,

Love, I hate you!

Signed,

Sick of your face on TV

July 9, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. affableman

Nancy Grace is probably right on this but I'm sorry her voice is apt to give people seizures...

July 9, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. carolyn sumner

nancy grace eat your words i hope casy sues you for slander you and jane yall had that girl convicted befor she even went to court its wrong to judge read your bible look at her mom how maney times did you see her cry only 1 time that was on the stand she dident cry at the service or when thay found the body its like she was not surprised at all well good meeting your maker

July 9, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Plr

"it's wrong to judge"? Wasn't that what you were JUST doing in your comment ? silly hypocrites!!

July 10, 2011 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. mike

A former federal prosecutor.... and she now says the case is over as soon as the jury is picked. That is how little she thinks of evidence, proof of guilt or the judical system of the USA. I think she is the one that should be in jail.

July 9, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Name Not need

Tell me earlier why my post was deleted, or CNN will get a law suit for disrupting my freedom of speech. Nancy Grace...get a new job.

July 10, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  11. Michael Mallon

"The jury hamstrung the state." Yeah, sorry for bursting your "I don't even need an official cause of death before I accuse someone of murder." I think at the very least, we need to confirm Caylee was actually killed by someone before we potentially put a needle in their arm. I don't know if Casey killed her daughter, or why. I don't know if ANYbody killed her daughter. But I know what the prosecution failed to prove, and that's murder.

July 10, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. Mary

Wow loved this interview. Agreed. If Casey wants to redeem herself she should admit she's guilty and go to jail. Whooo Hoo!
    Spot on! And yes Caylee IS where her mother can't hurt her anymore. Those two comments did my heart good.

July 10, 2011 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  13. Plr

Looks like Nancy Grace wins... you keep watching her on tv and reading about her...its not going to matter if you hate her guts lol. You silly people are giving her awesome ratings and that's the reason she's making bank.

Also, I completely agree with her.

July 10, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. Mary

Casey was happy that Caylee was dead. She was happy.

July 10, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  15. Gary Garrison

Ms Grace, You are, in my opinion, a disgrace to the broadcasting profession along with your HLN associates who used just about every negative adjective in reporting in a most biased way the Anthony trial. Please be reminded Ms Grace that this is America, and 12 jurors found Ms Anthony NOT GUILTY. Therefore whether you agree or not you and everyone else should accept the verdict and stop the negative blabbering that is based on your bloody opinions which really do not matter one whit. So do the world and Ms Anthony a favor and get off your high horse and move on to badgering and demeaning someone else.

Respectfully,