Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury
July 6th, 2011

Nancy Grace: I don't have to agree with Casey Anthony jury

CNN: What was the biggest weakness in the state’s forensic evidence, if any?

CNN: If you had access to the jurors, what would you ask them?

soundoff (2,650 Responses)
  1. Ted

Nancy Grace is an incompetent fool. If you watch her show you are a mindless idiot. Our jury system worked because there was a lack of evidence. The prosecutors should have to pay all of the costs for wasting everyones time. Get over it folks, it doesn't affect you, it's only a spectacle that vultures like Nancy make money off of.

July 14, 2011 at 6:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. Brande

I am not sure that is will be all that easy for Casey once she gets out, ya know" you can run but you can't hide" i beleive God has bigger plans for her, let nature take its course, i say..... Casey has made a deal with the devil, remember the court video where she didn't think she was on Camera, the look that came over her... i knew then the devil has her soul, she has gotten away with Murder all her life, i think the people that know her are afraid of her. just listen to they way her parents talk to her,and how she always wants her brother. being not guilty doesn't mean she is inocent....let her out so we dont have to pay for her anymore....let her out into the world so the higher Judge can sentence her to what she justy deserves..... Rest in peace Caylee, you won't be forgotten..

July 14, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  3. Mike Duffy

Heard that Don King is trying to arrange a boxing match between Nancy Grace and the tot mom. As an alternate for Nancy – Tonya Harding is being considered.

July 14, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carolee Wood

This really close to obscene and not funny.

If you have not known or worked with victims of child abuse by the parent, you haven't a clue. As a teacher/counselor,
      I have gained experience. In my extended family, I have witnessed the behavior of abusers and the abused. First step is to discredit the victim by calling her or him a liar. Establish that you have a defective child who lies. Then abuse.

We are not a vigilante society. We don't and ask questions later. HLN has used this story to increase audience. I am disappointed in Nancy Grace's rigid declaration of guilt.

Luckily, the jury watched and listened to George Anthony. What sort of a father repeatedly defends himself while pointing
      at his daughter? The answer is: a pedophile.

July 15, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frenchy

Carolee–
      so– if a parent who hasn't molested their child and knows his child is a liar, and believes his child committed murder, you believe that they would not accuse their child of lying and stand behind their child's supposed innocence and do everything they could to not have their child face the punishment? –Because, at first, George Anthony DID maintain Casey's innocence in the disappearance of her daughter Caylee.
      Are you also saying that Casey did not lie to the police about where she worked, who she left the child with and who her child's playmates were?
      Yeah, abusers will call their victims liars, for sure, but in this case, Casey proved she was a liar all by herself, without Daddy having to call her out in public first. She lied to the police, she lied to her parents, she lied to her friends.

I believe George Anthony suffers from something you may have heard about in your dealings with abused people: it's called "survivor guilt". George knew Casey was a crappy mother from the start– not even admitting to family members about her obvious pregnancy. He knew Casey was party girl who did drugs and hung out with a bad crowd and asked her parents to babysit for her so she could go out and party, and she probably never returned home on time, and left Caylee in their care for a few days at a time so she could be with her boyfriends. George had always hoped that Casey would "come around" and become a responsible parent but with enabler-mom Cindy, he probably could only put his foot down so far before being castigated by his wife. And when Caylee went missing, he started to, as a former law enforcement agent, piece together the little clues that had been left behind– the odor of death in the car, why he and his wife were not allowed to speak with their granddaughter on the phone during that time she was supposedly with "the nanny", and realized his own child had more than likely killed her own daughter, his granddaughter who had brought so much love and light to him and his wife.

July 21, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
    • cdgfla

That was awesome Duffy. LOL!!!!!! I would pay to see that for sure. Go Casey!!!

July 26, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. David Ivancheck

Imagine this: casey anthony getting into a car, drunk as a skunk, and getting behind the wheel of a car and then going through a read light and T-BONING Baez and Mason. When you have to use something as weak a the father and the brother molesting casey, and then the mother possible leaving the latter up on the pool, you expose your client for who she really was...it's just a shame the jury didn't clearly see her for who she was. Beaz blamed everyone but Nancy Grace for the untimely death a Cailey, why would you have to do that for someone you know is NOT GUILTY?

July 14, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carolee Wood

You just do not get it.

No rational jury can convict a person of first degree murder if they do not know the cause of death, the time of death.

Every credible witness said a) there was no body in Casey's car; b) the chloraform evidence was non-existant; c) the tape alleged to be on Caylee's face was probably on the plastic bag. Arpage Vass, the prosecution's witness had no
      credibility with forensic scientist that testified. In fact, he was never a forensic scientist. He was a lab tech who conducted sloppy research that could not be repeated. Other that the prosecution's theory's, there was no evidence of a murder. No sane jury could have convicted with only disproven theories.

July 15, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carolee Wood

You just do not get it.

July 15, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carolee Wood

You just do not get it.

Every credible witness said a) there was no body in Casey's car; b) the chloraform evidence was non-existant; c) the tape alleged to be on Caylee's face was probably on placed on the plastic bag.

July 15, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Patti

The Casey Anthony juror's were stupid and did not follow proper instructions.Caylee died on her mothers watch.With the evidence presented Casey should have gotten manslaughter at the very least. Casey did not report her daughter missing after 31 days, her mother did. And I am appalled by any juror profiting money from the death of a beautiful innocent child.

July 15, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Kalos

The lazy, can't put a puzzle together 12, do not understand instructions, did not understand their responsibility (especially for a case that took 3 years to prepare for) and may I remind you, they did like Jose! He had them so confused, they decided to go with confusion, if it doesn't make sense, it must be right. They didn't even take time, or had enough sense to ask the judge for clarification on charges? Duh, maybe they could have figured out how to get one of the first three charges, knowing that she was guilty???? Shame, Shame on the jury.

July 15, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. janie

why has any ONE not mentioned the fact that GEORGE AND CIINDY ARE THE ONES THAT( CLEANED) OUT THE CAR THAT THE SMEEL OF DEATH WAS IN?

July 15, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • wini

cindy not george sprayed the car w/febreze but still could not get the smell out. I think both of them knew something bad had happened, but did not want to admit it. I do believe that Callie was put in the trunk by Casey and that she and she along killed her baby. So that she could go out and party and Casey did not want Cindy to have Callie, because Callie adored her grandmother.

July 16, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lea

I am so sick of hearing IDIOTS say that "a jury cannot convict if they don't know cause or time of death." BULL! Are you then saying the jury for Scott Peterson was wrong?? So just because a murderer wasn't witnessed and they covered their tracks well and the evidence decomposed with the body, that gives them the right to be acquitted?! If that's the law of our country and judicial system then I know a few people I would love to rid the world of and I should do it since our system will let me go anyway. I'm moving to Europe!

July 15, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. julie

I am watching the video of Casey talking to her parents. These people are so weird. They did a really good job of creating this monster. She will be manipulating them for the rest of their lives.

July 15, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. RICHARD BREITHAUPT

CASEY IS RESPONCEABEL FOR HER CHILD NO MATTER WHAT SHE KNOWS WHAT HAPPEND TO HER CHILD THE STATE DID A GRAT JOB ON PROVING THAT SHE DID IT EVEN THOW NO ONE SEEN HER DO IT THE EVADENCE POINTS TO HER NOW SHE IS NOWEN AS A BABY KILLER EVEN THOW THE JURY FOUND HER NOT GUILTY I BLOVE THERE WERE WRONG SHE IS GOING TO BE LOOKING OVER HER SHOLDER THE REST OF HER LIFE NO ONE SEEN SCOTT PETERSON KILL HES WIFE AND UNBORN CHILD THERE WAS VERY LITTLE EVADENCE TO PROVE THAT HE DID IT NAW HE SITES ON DITH ROW WHER IS THE JUSTIS WHEN ONE PERSON GOTS OFF FOR MUDER AND SOME ONE ELSE IS ON DETH ROW

July 16, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Tim

A few items on the talks today on the news
    1. The news asked if Casey Anthony she should be protected after release. I believe yes due to the way the news has ensured that she will not be able to go out on her own and NOT be in danger.

2. The so called look alike in OK, I have seen the picture and she does not look anything like her, I believe she is just trying to use that for what ever happened to her and get what she can. And again as per looking alike I do not see it.

3. Casey Anthony will be in danger when released due to the fact the news is making it that way by insisting she should have been found guilty and not congratulating her defense team, that did a good job and she is going free.

July 16, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. vfr3000

Nancy Grace is a Dis-Grace to the legal profession.
    A spiteful vendictive person who used this sad story to forfill her own ends.......RATINGS.

Mutton dressed as Lamb with about the same IQ.

July 18, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  12. Linda

I will never forget the look's on casey's face while her mother was on the stand, she did not care that this was killing her mother and her father! She wanted her FREEDOM! More than she cared about CAYLEE MOM ARE DAD! You could see it in her FACE! She HATED CAYLEE HER MOM AND HER DAD! Do you think it hurt her to say those's thing's about her dad knowing it untrue! NO IT DID NOT, ALL SHE CARED ABOUT WAS HER FREEDOM! THAT'S WHERE IT START'S AND END'S! HER FREEDOM, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, THAT FREEDOM IS GOING TO GET HER IN THE END!!!!!

July 18, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  13. Casey = Murderer

Casey murdered Caylee. Period.

July 22, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  14. Lilly

Carolee
    I am a victim of child abuse. What really makes me mad is the nerve Casey had to allow her attorneys to say she was abused by her father and have people like you so quick to believe her when there was never any proof. No former teachers or nurses or even friends ever said that Casey ever came across as being abused or had make believe chidhood friends. I am one of those victimes that is a happy mom with two beautiful children and would kill anyone who tried to hurt them. Casey, did the opposite!!!

July 25, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  15. melanie

Nancy is 100 percent right in every answer!! I REALLY ADMIRE NANCY GRACE....I Just LOVE her!!!!!!!!

July 27, 2011 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |