July 7th, 2011

Police: Suspect in 7 Michigan slayings kills himself

A man who held several people hostage in Grand Rapids, Michigan, killed himself, Police Chief Kevin Belk said Thursday night.

The man, identified as Rodrick Dantzler, is suspected of killing seven people, including two children.

He ran into a home after a roughly 15-minute chase from the police and a standoff ensued, before he shot himself to death, police said.

FULL POST

Filed under: Crime • Michigan
  1. Mark9988

coward and murderer

July 8, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • william moore

I tried to leave a comment earlier that this dirtbab would be dead by morning, but couldn't get logged in then

July 8, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. jimzcarz

Prayers to the victims families.

July 8, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. cnnshouldcheckusgs

how does a man with that many felonies exist? Oh thats right, liberal states don't have three strikes laws... oh well, you reap what you sow...

July 8, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Fred

Actually, Michigan IS a 3-Strikes law state. Apparently the guy only had 1 or 2 felonies.

July 8, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Bananas

Whereas Texas simply goes and executes innocent men and women on an extremely regular basis........If we had tougher gun laws (like all those "liberal" states want) then maybe this doesn't happen, but no, we have redneck in the South & Midwest to keep the NRA strong.

July 8, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Brian

MI is a 3 strike state you ugly loser. End yourself.

July 8, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
    • jack

If judges lock these people up, they'd be out of a job. The judges need repeat offenders to continue repeat offending.

July 8, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
    • ABCD

Bananas, Felons arre not allowed to have guns, it is aginst he law. He got a gun anyways. This just goes to show that if gun control laws will only hurt the good people.

July 8, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Gee

Gee, I guess California isn't a "liberal state" then, right?

Idiot.

July 8, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
    • cnnshouldcheckusgs

actually, I can't find michigan on the three strikes list. seems to me liberals like brian are wrong again.

July 8, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Sean

Michigan is not a 3 strikes law state, contrary to what someone wrote.

July 8, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Texas Mom

Bananas it really sounds like you from a state like New York that requires permission for one to own a hand gun. I am proud to say that I have lived in Texas all my life and there is nothing red neck about me. I work hard for what I have and you better believe it I'm going to protect my family and stuff. So thank you Texas for letting me own hand guns to shot that idiot that tries to take my child or myself as a hostage. You know what's better then a successful women in 3" heels? A successful women in 3" heels with a CHL.

July 8, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
    • justsayin

how does a man with that many felonies get his hands on a gun? Oh thats right, idiots like you and the gun lobby make sure that ANYONE can get their hands on a gun...oh well, you reap what you sow...

(and btw- one of the flaws with the three strikes law is that someone getting arrested for their third felony has a higher probability of committing crimes against their arresting police. so...it's awesome that you're in favor of more violence against police.

July 8, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Bull

All Republicans should be put down like the dogs that they are. This has nothing to do with 3 strikes laws...go back to being poor and bagging my groceries at Walmart.

July 8, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Texas Mom

At least republicans work and don't expect Obama to fix everything. Look how far that has got us.

July 8, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jackie

Well, he saved the State of MI a lot of money. The only good thing he did today. What a coward

July 8, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  5. derek fikely

How was he not caught when he fled on foot?

July 8, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. rick

Cant we all just get along? I live in GR and this was big news here. Almost got in a fight at a concert last Friday.... had a guy smack my dog on lake Michigan on Monday and now this..... i love this town but what the @@@@ ?

July 8, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Hmmm... When all the stuff was happening in Oklahoma City, I looked up usgs.gov and found out that there were almost daily minor earthquakes there. Animals get agitated before earthquakes; why not humans?

July 8, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. jefffbo

He chimped out !

July 8, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. Dover

On his way back from a Tea Party convention. Look it up.

July 8, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Ha ha... the flea party strikes again.

July 8, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jeff Frank ( R-Ohio )

What...no lightning strikes near this one? No Nancy Grace witchcraft trials?
    Wait a few...the trolls will start filing in following this post!!!

July 8, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

I didn't think there were any Repubs left in Ohio (at least that would admit it).

July 8, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. OU812IC

What a coward
    I was hoping he came out firing so the Swat's could have some head shot practice
    practicing shooting all those pumpkins is just not the same

July 8, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  11. John Doe

40 million Americans medicated, once the meds finally destroy the brain, this is going to start happening a LOT more, you just wait. You have GSK, Roche, and Lilly to blame.

July 8, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

John Doe's toe tag fell off.

July 8, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ken Pasco

It's a shame that pukes like this one have access to guns. Their maladjusted brains have no business near any kind of weapon.

July 8, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  13. ladonna

Thanks to all involved in helping the idiot surrender. This was my sisters, boyfriends parents. Im so thankful everything turned out ok. In this situation. My thoughts and prayers to the other victims in this tradgery

July 8, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  14. DIVERSITY = DEATH

johndenugent.com

stormfront.org

wvwnews.net ( western voices world news )

July 8, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  15. Gee

Easy access to guns certainly made America safer today, eh?

July 8, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Drone Bee

Guns have always been around. It's our culture that's on the decline. Too much evil being peddled today.

July 8, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |