Gotta Watch: Mythical creatures
Does this amateur photo show the real Bigfoot?
July 12th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Mythical creatures

Is that really Bigfoot? Has someone finally tracked down the elusive chupacabra? Can you ever really, truly know if these creatures really exist? It’s the subject of our blog today. You’ve gotta watch these encounters with mysterious creatures.

Legend of the chupacabra – A Texas man spots what looks like a chupacabra. But is it? He doesn’t think so, but now it’s your turn to be the judge.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/07/12/tx.chupacabra.sighting.ktrk"%5D

Bigfoot – What would you do if you saw Bigfoot on your lawn? One North Carolina man chased him away with a large stick and called 911.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/06/15/dnt.bigfoot.in.north.carolina.WCNC"%5D

Unidentifiable object – It looks like an alien, but no one was quite sure what it was. Maybe you can figure it out.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/09/18/sot.panama.mystery.creature.cnn"%5D

Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony • Gotta Watch
  1. JustThinkinOutloud

I wrote about this stuff in college. And I did it better.

July 12, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Amelie

The thing in the last video looked like a turtle.

July 12, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kudango

actually the creature in panama, according to zoologist they identified it as an abnormal sloth or something, but not sure though. Old story though it shocked people throughout panama but it was two years ago.

July 12, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. JB

@CS

lmao..good call

July 12, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Aurora

the last one is a baby otter....

July 12, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. rtbrno65

The Cupacabra= a coyote

The Bigfoot= guy is lying

The Mystery Creaturel= a partially decomposed sloth

July 12, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Fiona

The chupacabra is obviously a coyote with mange. The ears are a dead giveaway. I feel very sorry for the suffering animal

The "alien" is a fetal goat, or similar animal, that aborted. It's swollen with decomposition. The kids lied about killin it with rocks (do you see any sign of that?). They found a dead animal that looked creepy, and concocted the story.

July 12, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. save_yourselves

back to the original subject. Def. a coyote with mange....I see them all the time. Its pretty nasty when they have a bad case of it such as this one.

July 12, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justin

its nice to hear from a veterinarian... oh wait your not one? then shut up 🙂

July 12, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ellen

Well said! Also, there is a difference between something and some things. I get SO tired of seeing 'I and Billy Bob took somethings to tha store'. Yes, I get tired of people using 'I' when they should be using 'ME' also. And don't forget the other 'there' which means someplace. We went there.

July 12, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@ellen: i die a little bit inside when people say they're going to 'walmarts'. Not sure why..

July 12, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

@lee-do not get me started about Walmart. Boycott Walmart.

July 13, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Unbeliever

There's also a recent use of then when they mean than. Such as, "I like you more then I like her."

July 12, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • High Horse

I rarely ever correct forums as I'm also guilty of the typos, but as this seems to have turned into a grammar police soundboard, I'll throw in my two cents. I may have read your comment incorrectly, but it sounds like you have two complaints in your example sentence (somethings and I instead of me). The "I" in your sentence is a subject, and "me" is only used in the objects of sentences, never in the subject. So technically your sentence is grammatically correct (besides the somethings), even though it would be more acceptable to say, "Billy Bob and I took some things to the store." In order to use "me", it would have to read, "Some things were taken to the store by Billy Bob and me / me and Billy Bob."

July 13, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. CSnSC

Hello YRH

July 12, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. OneMadMarine

Can I join your discussion? I have never done this before! 😉

July 12, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. annsrum

Did it ever occur to you that most of the misspellings are in fact typos? Not to mention that typically in a forum the important part of the comment is generally the content and meaning and not so much the spelling. Also, people generally try to use shorthand when they are tapping the comment out on a little keyboard of their phone. I am generally very good at spelling, but even I get tired of tapping out messages longhand. Not to mention if you are in the heat of a discussion you might press the button before spell checking.

July 12, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. KKDenver

That one looks like the eraser head baby!!!!!!

July 12, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. NoodleHat

Notice how often many of these stories seem to come inbred rednecks with hillbilly hick accents thick as cottage cheese?

July 12, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Another Mystical Creature

God.

July 12, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • G A W D

As you wish... 🙂 Your game is tiresome and stale. If it's not important then why bring it up at all?

July 12, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |