Gotta Watch: Mythical creatures
Does this amateur photo show the real Bigfoot?
July 12th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Mythical creatures

Is that really Bigfoot? Has someone finally tracked down the elusive chupacabra? Can you ever really, truly know if these creatures really exist? It’s the subject of our blog today. You’ve gotta watch these encounters with mysterious creatures.

Legend of the chupacabra – A Texas man spots what looks like a chupacabra. But is it? He doesn’t think so, but now it’s your turn to be the judge.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/07/12/tx.chupacabra.sighting.ktrk"%5D

Bigfoot – What would you do if you saw Bigfoot on your lawn? One North Carolina man chased him away with a large stick and called 911.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/06/15/dnt.bigfoot.in.north.carolina.WCNC"%5D

Unidentifiable object – It looks like an alien, but no one was quite sure what it was. Maybe you can figure it out.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/09/18/sot.panama.mystery.creature.cnn"%5D

Post by:
Filed under: Casey Anthony • Gotta Watch
  1. Fish

The guy that saw Bigfoot... It's Larry the Cable Guy's brother!!!!

July 12, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Wufei

I'm tired of seeing all these BS chupacabra headlines anytime anyone sees a canine with the mange. This is a COMMON sight in 3rd world countries. I've seen dogs that look way uglier and more monstrous than that thing in southeast Asia. I thought CNN was in the NEWS business... guess I didn't realize it was the Weekly World News business.

July 12, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justin

if you were at all intelligent which you are not.. you would see this is not news.. .its a blog... moron 😀 lmao

July 12, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Another Chris

Anyone else think that "unidentified creature" from Panama is Roger from American Dad?

July 12, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • sparti

YES!!! I thought the same thing

July 12, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. S

The "chupacabra" looks like an awful lot like a Xolo or "Mexican hairless dog."

July 12, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • gunther

its either a dog or coyote with mange, it has lost all its hair...man ppl are so stupid....

July 12, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Paul

Ok, please tell me I'm not the only one who saw that mythical-creature's picture and immediately thought "huh, they're drawing Jesus".

July 12, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. twistedpuppet

The chupacabra pics are just an emaciated dog. Animal control needs to go find the dog and feed it, or put it down if necessary.

Bigfoot is a myth. Someone's crappy drawing of that they claim they saw in their backyard doesn't change that. In fact, it looks like he saw a really tall and hairy homeless guy. Go give the man a sammich and offer to drive him to a shelter.

The unidentified animal was interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on that story.

July 12, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jack

Seriously CNN? Chupacabra? It's sooooo obviously a coyote with mange. How did this make the front page of CNN.com! This is ridiculous.

July 12, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. newguy

The last video was on the history channel a couple of weeks ago. It turned out to be a sloth with no hair. It is an old video.

July 12, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Melissa

I don't know why, but I find that first photo (the drawing) and its caption to be hilarious.

July 12, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dawn

@Melissa It is pretty hilarious!

July 12, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Roy

First ones a Coyote with Mange
    Second is a grown man drawing a hairy man
    3rd is a dead hairless sloth. In the picture you can see it's claws.

July 12, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jay Horn

@CNN: Stop deleting the comments.

July 12, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. wwsd

The chupacabra sure doess look like a coyote with mange. Sure wish the video was closer.

July 12, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Burbank

That creature in that last video is obviously a tree sloth without hair.

July 12, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. BUD in NC

OK now for the truth. I am a big foot. The real thing. Here is how I changed so people will not notice. I jumped off school buses and landed on my feet. This compressed my vertabrae so I shrunk from nine feet tall to five foot six. Using electrolisis, I had most of the hair removed from my body. Left a little on my head and chin.
    I learned to speak english, but can still speak Bigfootish when I meet another big foot. I secretely meet them from time to time. They are annoyed that people are trying to harm them. So be carefull you could get hurt.

Bigfoot in Disguise