Tuesday's live video events
July 12th, 2011
07:41 AM ET

Tuesday's live video events

The shuttle program reaches another milestone as the debt ceiling debate continues on Capitol Hill.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of these developing stories.

Today's programming highlights...

8:44 am ET - Astronauts perform spacewalk - Two astronauts aboard the international space station will conduct the sole spacewalk of the Atlantis mission.  It is the final spacewalk in the history of the shuttle program.

10:00 am ET - Senate debt ceiling debate - Senators resume debate on the possibility of raising the debt ceiling.

10:00 am ET - Future of Medicare hearing - HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius testifies before the House Budget Committee on what the future holds for the Medicare program.

12:30 pm ET - White House briefing - The debt ceiling debate will likely dominate today's briefing with the White House press corps.

2:00 pm ET - Medal of Honor ceremony - Sgt. First Class Leroy Arthur Petry is awarded the Medal of Honor for his courageous actions in Afghanistan in 2008.

5:00 pm ET - Betty Ford tribute - A national tribute service for former first lady Betty Ford takes place in Palm Desert, California.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Budget • Dollars & Sense • Economy • Shuttle • Space
soundoff (8 Responses)
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

    Medicare funds should never have been touched for any reason other than their original intention.

    July 12, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mad Hatter

    That is so true JIF.

    July 12, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |

    we owe,we owe, so it's off to work we go......

    July 12, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

    And Social Security investments should have never been "borrowed" to wage war either. About 80% of what we call our "defense budget" covers military kick-backs, and we're supposed to believe that The Pentagon wages war with the remaining 20%? For decades? No matter if it's (D) or (R) in control? Both party's leaders have always allowed the Pentagon to steal from SS. Our future has been squandered and there's no getting it back. It's gone. They spent it already.

    July 12, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. I've had with your stupidity !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Do u EVER SHUT THE HELL UP PHILIP !!!! JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    July 13, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Hey There! Retard! Calm Your Ignorant Self!

      I actually appreciated what PHILLIP had to say; so shut your stupid gaping hole!

      July 13, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  6. Catholic Priest

    Good im glad then ,u too can grab yourself a bedpost along side philip and i'm booty bump your sorry little a$$ too you worthless idiot , and after i have my way with u and your rearend u're still going to hell u piece of crap a$$ WHINER !!!!!! NOW GRAB A BED POST SPREAD'EM ! AND LIKE PHILIP GET READY TO SQUEEL LIKE A PIG U SINNER !!! NOW GET READY TO APPREICIATE ME INSIDE OF YOU SINNER !!!

    July 13, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |

    Yea ! And after the priest is done with your whining little a$$ im coming in for some sloppy seconds !!! I hope u can appreiciate that !!! Now get ready to open that gaping hole on your rear-end u retard !!!!!! And grab your ankles b***h !!!!!

    July 13, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |