UK lawmakers want to question Murdoch over phone hacking
Media magnate Rupert Murdoch is driven Tuesday to his London apartment, photographers in pursuit.
July 12th, 2011

UK lawmakers want to question Murdoch over phone hacking

British lawmakers investigating a phone hacking scandal Tuesday asked media baron Rupert Murdoch, his son James, and former News of the World editor Rebekah Brooks to testify before them, hours after former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown accused their newspaper group of illegally obtaining private information about him.

Parliament's Culture, Media and Sport Committee asked the three to appear next Tuesday, July 19, a representative told CNN.

"Senior executives" of Murdoch's British newspaper company "will cooperate," News International said in a statement, without specifying names.

If the Murdochs and Brooks do not answer the summons, parliament can compel them to do so, Labour lawmaker Chris Bryant - who believes he is a hacking victim - said on Twitter.

Brown Tuesday accused Murdoch's newspapers of having "links with criminals" as he spoke to the BBC about allegations the Sunday Times illegally obtained private information about him.

Brown accused the paper of getting his bank details, saying he was "genuinely shocked" by its methods.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Media
  1. Murdoch is....

.....the Hack Prince.

July 12, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

Focus on the Philip again. *footbalm*

July 12, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

And dig me up an copy/paste of one of your so called "extremely angry" episodes would you HRH? Try to avoid the overly-obvious trollings if you'd be so kind. Otherwise, shut your piehole about me and face my counter-point.

July 12, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

Philip doesn't hate Catholics. He hates the way Catholic leaders have lured peoples of various nations onto the battlefield of war, and for centuries. How many wars where Catholic kills Catholic in the name of God? With both sodes being told by Catholic priests that if they, they die for God&Country. Both sides they tell this. And I hate that a Catholic priest sprinkled 'holy water' and 'blessed' the bombs headed for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, with an Catholic nunnery located at ground zero. I guess it's their hypocricy that gets to me. It's so blatant and thumbs it's nose at all decency. Not to mention the gay priest's who raype boys and marry men. I don't hate them...i hate what they have been doing to young boys for cebturies and getting away with it. The authorities who would prosecute them, don't. Why? Because the Church churns out young men who are willing to die for whatever country they live in. As corporate armies become more affordable, this worldwide Church recruitment service won't be needed.

July 13, 2011 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  5. HRH banasy

Don't tell me to shut my piehole.
    Don't tell me to do *anything*.
    You don't like me to "counterpoint" anything; that's why you are perturbed at me in the first place.
    Because I *do* have an opinion, and it may sometimes differ from yours.
    So you go on the defensive and start with the "shut your pie-holes" and the "get a clue" baloney.
    All because I may disagree with you at times.
    It's not withing me to be anyone's "yes man".
    I don't agree with everything you say, and for me to do so would be disingenuous.

July 13, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. HRH banasy

And to think that peds only target boys is also delusional.
    Are boys the only ones you deem worthy of saving?

July 13, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |