President Obama to address budget discussions
July 14th, 2011

President Obama to address budget discussions

President Barack Obama will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. on Friday on efforts to reach a deal on the debt ceiling and budget cuts, according to a senior administration official.

Fifth day of talks ends without deal
Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama • Budget • Economy • Politics
  1. Mmmmm

Yep, Obama time to pull out the REGULATOR.

July 14, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. HRH banasy

Okaaaay...

July 14, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. SPENDMO

He might be preparing us for a worst case scenario.

July 14, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jay Horn

Cant wait until this idiot is kicked out of the White House.

July 14, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Neither can I but the problem is that the Republicans have nobody( except for Ron Paul) who has anything better to offer us. We need a moderate who is willing to just say no to the MIC(military-industrial-complex) and get us out of all these useless wars overseas.

July 14, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Jay Bush and Cheney are gone.

July 14, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jewells

Whick idiot?

July 14, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. malclave

Now, remember, CNN, as representatives of the Press you are not to shout questions. You are to curtsey and avert your eyes, and if the One deigns to allow you to ask a question, you will begin with "la kajira" before reading it from the card you are given by the White House.

July 14, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sheila

The only idiots are people like you and those in congress unwillingly to have a actual negotiation with the President. During the pervious administration idiots like yourself remained on mute while the idiot who was on office at the time repeatedly disgraced the nation.

July 14, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • malclave

Sheila, you might have a point if yu had any facts on your side.

July 14, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Sheila -Bush- Wars, Pharma, 7x debt raiser, 19x tried to raise debt, housing bubble, deregulation of insuance companies, Alot of strategery, TArP, Libby took the fall for the outing of the Valerie Plame(spy)(Because her husband said there were no weapons of mass destruction), and if you need more I may be able to name a few off the top of my head.

July 14, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Angry (Insert Color or ethnicity) (Insert Gender)

He's going to announce he's going to start taxing American companies that outsource while requiring foreign companies to manufacture goods here that they intend to sell here... ZZzzz.. zzzz.. huh? Oh.. I just had a dream.. Back to reality.

July 14, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. HRH banasy

Just when will it occur to those nitwits on Capitol Hill to stop funding all these obnoxious wars that we're currently fighting overseas? The sooner we do that, the sooner we'll balance the budget or at least it'll help out a great deal.

July 14, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

If the President shows up for this news conference without a necktie or in coveralls, it will be a very bad sign.

July 14, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Marsha

Oh shut up fake Joey. You are so disgusting.

July 14, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

banasy may have a point there.
    Obama wouldn't have to stop all of the wars. He could just call off a couple of them and we'd have more butter.
    Of course, then I'd have to alter my investment dreams...wonder what would happen if there were a lottery to stop some welfare payments?
    Oh–then he might lose the election.
    What else could he announce? The abolition of telephone trees?
    Maybe he should just talk about what Bush did.

July 14, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Hi, Marsha!
    How am I "so disgusting" (sic)?

July 14, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jeff Frank ( R - oHIo )

An aquaintence (just went into retirement), asked me this morning when I planned on retireing. My response was, the way it's going now....I'll retire when I'm dead.
    So yes, in a few years Barrack, IF your still supported and still in office, yeah, you can threaten and take away a social security payment from me. Something I've worked my ass off for since I was 11. But somehow pal, I get the idea it won't be there anyways.
    I do not think John Boehner is wrong.
    And raising the debt ceiling, shows no more initiative than making payments on a bankruptcy, then turning around and buying a gold plated toilet seat.

July 14, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Marsha

I read Joey's posts. You are not him. I don't talk to name thieves either. Bye.

July 14, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |