Dow Jones CEO steps down
July 15th, 2011

Dow Jones CEO steps down

Les Hinton has resigned as chief executive officer of Dow Jones & Co. in the wake of News Corp.'s phone-hacking scandal.

The resignation makes Hinton the second News Corp. executive to step down Friday. Rebekah Brooks stepped down as CEO of News International, the corporate parent of News of the World, earlier in the day.

The development also comes on the same day that media giant Rupert Murdoch began a campaign of contrition and reform, apologizing to the family of a murdered British teenager whose voicemail allegedly was hacked by staffers of a now-defunct newspaper he owned.

News of the World Staffers were accused of intercepting messages in search of news. They then allegedly deleted messages to keep Milly Dowler's mailbox from filling up, giving her family and friends false hope that the schoolgirl was still alive.

Some of the claims Brooks faces relate to the News of the World's alleged hacking, while she was editor, into Dowler's mobile phone account.

Who is Rebekah Brooks?

Police in the United Kingdom have identified almost 4,000 potential targets of phone hacking. There were also allegations that News Corp. reporters may have bribed law enforcement officers.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Media
  1. Breeze

I just love to see the waves crash against the rocks. The hens are coming home to roost baby!

July 15, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jose'

aiiiiiieeeee cheeeewaaawaaaa !

July 15, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Juan Banuelos

I just love to see my mother sukin big coks. We make a few dollars extra. We thank our lord for each dime she makes sukin.

July 15, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Juan Banuelos

Daddy, Daddy, why is Mommy sukin a lollipop? Son, that's no lollipop, that's your Uncle Justin's dic...

July 15, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Juan Banuelos

NEED A BLOW? VISIT: MYMAMASUCSCOK.COM, private site: Banuelos Family. Now for a limited time: free poster of my Mama caressing a Hard Coc.

July 15, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bianca

What is america hiding?...was the little girl in on the 9/11 plan?

We must go through these phones!

July 15, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  7. There, I said it

Were they hacking the stock market?

July 15, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Theophobia

I think all computers and phones can be hacked and traced.

July 15, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Painters Edge

@ jaun , will u fuc the hell out of my as@ – 0 if i suk your hard cok and swallow a huge load of your come?

July 16, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. American Media STOCK DISCOUNTS

Hey Rupert > the FOX is free again- to make new female FOXES.. ? Perhaps it is the U.S. where you and your ilk
    will find the final resting place. 🙂 Afterall Rupe you loved the influence peddeling for entry through the
    Reagan congress.. so now the trickle down might just trickle down on you like the Internet you worshipped
    as the spread of FOX cowboy cancer. Just think Rupe AMERICA could be your last stand. Its like poetry
    in motion.

July 16, 2011 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  11. American Media STOCK DISCOUNTS

I cleary dont have a vast grip on reality, i entertain myself alone typing away on my key board. I only do it because i have a tiny twang and no playmates, and since my parents dont love me it helps to blow off stem ranting on cnn message boards. Sorry guys for my lack of manners and poor generalized comments. I strive for the attention my parents never gave, so i put my outburst on line for everyone to read in hope someone will give me the attention i so desperatly need and crave.

July 16, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |