Teen guilty of beheading at least 4 in Mexico
A 14-year-old suspected hit man was captured near Mexico City in December.
July 26th, 2011

Teen guilty of beheading at least 4 in Mexico

A 14-year-old born in the United States has been found guilty in a Mexican court of torturing and beheading at least four people and kidnapping three others.

The teenage hit man was sentenced to three years in a correctional facility, the maximum allowed under Mexican law. He also has to pay a 4.5 million Mexican peso fine ($387,500 U.S.).

The defendant, known as "El Ponchis" ("The Cloak") is a 14-year-old boy from San Diego. Because he is a minor, his trial in Cuernavaca, Mexico, was closed to the public.

He was captured near Mexico City in December. In an on-camera interrogation by Mexican military authorities, the youth admitted to brutally killing people - the victims all were beheaded. The video shows a military interrogator asking the slim teenager with curly hair several questions.

"How many have you killed?," he asks.

"Four," he responded calmly.

"How did you execute them?"

"I slit their throats."

A YouTube video that circulated last year purportedly showed the teenager beating a man with a two-by-four while the man was tied at the wrists and hanging from the ceiling, as other young people watched.

The teen was accused of of crimes related to drug trafficking - specifically cocaine and marijuana - illegal possession of military weapons, and violations against federal organized crime law "with the objective of committing kidnappings and aggravated murder," juvenile court spokesman Juan Carlos Castro said before the trial.

"El Ponchis" is not the only minor in Mexico allegedly involved with drug cartels. Social media pictures have surfaced in the last year showing teenagers and young men holding high-caliber assault weapons and wearing masks.

Six youths were captured last October in a town about 30 miles south of Mexico City. Graffiti in the house where they were hiding linked them to the so-called South Pacific Cartel, a splinter group that formed after cartel leader and drug lord Arturo Beltran Leyva was killed in a shootout with the Mexican military in December of 2009.

Post by: ,
Filed under: Crime • Mexico
  1. H in Texas

No need to close it. Alter the 14th amendment to exclude anchor babies, require proof of citizenship for:

Siging up for school, renting or buying property, applying for aid of any kind for you or a family member, applying for any job, and checking into a hospital.

Then just watch the stream of people Southwards. They found a way to get here with "no resources", I am positive they can find their way back. It isn't even as hard. They are after all citizens of the country they would be entering this time.

July 26, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mary is right

He is only an "American" by default – our legal system is flawed and needs to be adressed. This was not likely what Americas founding fathers had in mind when they helped build the foundation of the US. Anchor baby by definition, if I ever did hear of one. Irregardless, he should be killed by beheading as due justice would dictate. An eye for an eye...

July 26, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Boscoe

Close the border now and expel all the illegal immigrants now. They are trashing out our country. They are in the process of trashing out our government and legal system and will complete the job by the end of the decade.

July 26, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. rob

No need to bash an entire culture. Grow up.

July 26, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. valwayne

One thing for sure this kid will still be a teenager when they let him out and he will kill again and again and again! And thanks to Obama's open border policy he'll probably end up back in the U.S. and the people who die next will be on our side of the border!

July 26, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Nineball

This kid is my only hope of drawing social security when I get older. If he killing Mexicans set him free.

July 26, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Realist

So, seriously. Does anyone, anywhere, actually believe that this killer kid can be helped by the so called
    "mental health experts" of our world ????????

LOL.

I can just hear it now. "This young man will need years of counseling before he can become a useful member of society." (Translation: mental health workers love pretending that they can "help" such people).

July 26, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Name*adam

Since he is us citizen,bring him to Tx, will figure out the rest Amigo

July 26, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

You're a moron.

July 26, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. trish

Hey guys, will you visit HelpFaye.ORG a friend of mine is fighting for her life..... Thanks

July 26, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ombbq

No joke, thank the lord the United States is such a safe and peaceful country...

July 26, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Chuy

Thank god that marijuana is illegal. How else are boys like this supposed to earn a living? #americaisdumb

July 26, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Cesar The Chorizo Champ Of Chihuahua

No Chorizo's for you.

July 26, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  13. wirehead

let him free he is lilling mexican drug thugs maybe he will fix mexico wich their goverment cant do it

July 26, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. mokumanu

Take back his citizenship. If he does it there, he can do it here and probably will in the future.

July 26, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Victor

@mokumanu – You can't take back the citizenship of someone who was born here, you stupid son of a horse-loving b¡tch.

July 26, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • What

Take back his Citizenship?

He was born in the US. You can't take it back.
      Mexico should extradite him to U.S.
      Americans want the drugs, I guess we should have the drug criminals too, especially our own.

July 26, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • What

Victor. I think mokumanu's comprehension skills are a bit lacking. It's written in the first sentence a few words in, that he's "Born" in the United States. I think it's time for a collective head shaking.

July 26, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • zrock

When I was 14 I was in a gang and I was pretty bad. I didn't kill anyone but I got in a knife fight and some other pretty scary situations. I definitely ran with a really bad crowd and I knew several young people who died. I did a lot of hard drugs and got in a lot of violent situations. I ran with those people because I lived in those neighborhoods and you were either with them or against them. I didn't have a choice of where I lived when I was 14 and I didn't have a choice to be born a white girl. I felt like I needed the protection and – in a lot of ways – I did. Now I'm an adult and I don't live in a bad neighborhood and I don't need anyone elses protection but my own. I work in customer service and public relations and am currently going to nursing school so I can join the Red Cross. I'm not a bad person and I don't deserve to go to prison for the rest of my life because I was desperate and scared as a teenager growing up in the projects. I did what I felt I had to do to survive and that's all. I realize what I went through isn't exactly the same, but no 14 year old who does those things did it because they wanted to. They do it because they feel trapped and scared and the gang gives them a false sense of security. I'm sure he's an extremely troubled and traumatized CHILD but he should be treated as such. No one that young is unable to change. In fact, the only thing we do at that age is change and change all the time.

July 26, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Green

Peace and love man. Marijuana does no harm.

Pft.