August 7th, 2011

Saudi king: 'No justification' for Syrian clampdown

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah condemned the crackdown on anti-government protesters in Syria on Sunday, saying there is "no justification for the bloodshed."

In an audio message that aired on Saudi state television Sunday night, Abdullah said the kingdom had recalled its ambassador from Damascus for consultations.

His statement puts the leader of one of the leading powers in the region behind calls for an end to the violence. In his remarks Sunday night, he said Syria's future "lies between two choices - either wisdom or chaos."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Middle East • Protest • Saudi Arabia • Syria
  1. banasy

I wonder how many will choose wisdom?

August 7, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Andreas Moser

The Saudi king may have to eat his words one day.

August 7, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy

Hopefully Andreas, you're right! This King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia isn't any good, either!

August 7, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. joel weinberg

Everyone involved in 9 11 was from Saudi Arabia. Why does the US keep bowing down to the AL Sauds? How much money is the Saudi royal family actually getting from the US?

August 7, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy

Far too much!!!!

August 7, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Confucius

I think Saudi royal family has no justification to impose abstinence, sobriety, dress codes, or gambling laws. Ever hear how those cats party? It's common knowledge inside and outside of their country. If you speak up they imprison you or chop your hand off.

August 7, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. joel weinberg

I for one am tired of the US supporting muslim terrorist with our tax money. The cash going to Pakistan and Saudi Arabia is directly supporting terrorism against our own country The United States.

August 7, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Confucius

@Joel: It's done on purpose. It's political Munchausen Syndrome and it's done for money, power, or job security. You'll find most powerful establishments operate this way. Our drug policy, criminal justice system, health care, religion, and everything between operates to maintain controlled chaos, so we "need" someone to save us from the next crisis. I believe God will have no mercy on those involved.

August 7, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. joel weinberg

The al Saud family is one the most decadent in world history. They have no right to judge anyone. Most muslim terrorist even come from their country.

August 7, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. gung hoe

Confucious is as he said about me he is not blind to this just the same as what happened to the seals they were silenced to hide something what mayby one day we will find out hope so their honor deserves it god rest their soul and be with their family amen

August 7, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy

I did not post at 7:26 and 7:28.
    My troll did.
    His name is Dick.

August 7, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Confucius

@Banasy: If I may? Lol I think I'm starting to loathe these sites, because just anyone can come on here and post nonsense. Ever notice how the normal constructive comments get ignored, but the crazy stuff gets all the attention? If you're a young attractive woman then you are wasting your time and talents on here. Go out and be with your man. Make love under a tree in the middle of nowhere. This site is beneath you.. Haha. I can only imagine what these trolls look like in person..

August 7, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy

@Confucius:

Of course you may.
    I think I will take your very good advice and stay away from here a while.
    I am starting to despise this site as well; there have been many good people that these...ahem...people have chased away.
    Too bad, because it could be a lot more fun if the people would just be themselves...foibles and all.

A pity.

August 7, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy

Sorry folks, I didn't post this stupid comment above. In fact, the comment I posted was blocked by the idiot who's moderating this web page. I guess he doesn't believe in free speech since he only allows these idiots' post to be displayed here!

August 7, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. gung hoe

Its amazing but when you are stationed overseas your able to see just a portion of how much our government tries to pull the wool over our eyes and they are masters at it SO CESAR OR I MEAN CONFUCIOUS I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

August 7, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Confucius

@Gung Hizzo: The foreign media is just as bad. It's all rumor and innuendo, smoke and mirrors.. I'm not Cesar. Thanks. 🙂

August 7, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Confucius

The real banasy would know there isn't a real human moderator, just a stupid computer program designed to filter out words.

August 7, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. gung hoe

Hey confucious thanks for the chats It was good to have chats with a perrson with a similar Iq have a good one

August 7, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lyndsie Graham

More meaningless right-wing, Tea Party mumbo-jumbo comments here, just like what the worthless king of Saudi Arabia blubbers out about Bashir al Assad of Syria but not about Ali Abdullah Saleh of Yemen.

August 8, 2011 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |