August 14th, 2011

Hackers target San Francisco's rapid transit system

Members of a well-known hacking group - according to a statement and Twitter messages - took credit Sunday for an online attack targeting San Francisco's embattled transit system.

This is in response to the system's decision to cut off cellphone signals at "select" subway stations in response to a planned protest last week.

On Sunday afternoon, a link off BART's website to myBART.org apparently had been hacked. It showed a page featuring, among other items, the Anonymous logo - a smirking mask above two crossed swords, all on a black background.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: California • San Francisco • Security breaches • Technology
  1. gung hoe

Ive been saying for the last 3yrs that a revolution slash cival war was inevitable in the U S A looks as if im right again

August 14, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Humber

@ Pink Panther:
    How does one "insight" a riot?

August 14, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Humber

gung hoe, without meaning to detract from your foresight, I don't think you're the first to say it.
    William Pierce said it years ago.
    OK. Here it comes.

August 14, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dead Bird Nailed To Your Front Door

Really these hackers need to hit companies that outsource, before I would consider backing them. Notice how they don't ever go after anyone who deserves. It? The nut that shot that Giffords lady in AZ should have gone after someone who actually deserves it. They are attacking harmless tentacles when they need to attack the body of the octopus or squid.. Pick your cephalopod.. They are not going to spark a revolution, because they are not playing for the right team. These people are just upset that security measures were taken against people that hate "the man". They say clever catch phrases like "big brother" or "fascist Nazi" in order to gain more power to act like thugs and punks. I would totally be on board with going after the true bad guys in society, but the hackers like criminality and therefore don't ever hit the criminally wealthy people. How about hacking a company that profits from slave or child labor? I'd be cool with that. Lol Black mask smirking face.. Wow.

August 14, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dead Bird Nailed To Your Front Door

August 14, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Humber

@ TROLL of banasy, 7:28 PM ET:
    I'm not exactly a "fan" of Sarah Palin, as you said that I "must be," but I do think that she is a beautiful and unusually vulnerable yet strong woman. It may be her glasses and coif, on a good face. Men look at her. I didn't say anything about her spinning globes to correct continents.
    Michelle Bachmann, on the other hand, I find to be completely without assets.

August 14, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Humber

Even if I change my name I get flack.

August 14, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. justathought

=====Bansey, when was the last tine anything political ever got better?

August 14, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dead Bird Nailed To Your Front Door

@justathought: There is a first time for everything. If it's not correctable then why not go out in the woods and shoot ourselves? I'd like to fix things if we can.

August 14, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. scott

ah, good ol' CNN censorship raises its ugly head...i must've offended some homely frat-bot webslave of theirs lol

August 14, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. gung hoe

I just hate to be right all the time

August 14, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Humber

My reply to Dead Bird... was squelched by the CensorComputer.
    I'd like to change things too, and I said how.
    I'm still planning to retire in Europe, and this situation.
    I heard you already: "good riddance."
    Lo so.

August 14, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Humber

TYPO:
    "...and this situation is why."

August 14, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Humber

@ gung hoe.
    I understand.
    It's terrible, isn't it.

August 14, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

@Humber:

Oh, yes, I know the price of cars.
    You also won't get any flack from me about name changes.
    I'm about to find another nom de plume...again!

Thanks to my troll, Dick, who is an absolute moron when it comes to conservatives...if being a liberal means being like *him*...
    Independent all the way!

Good post, banasy©,thank you.

August 14, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |